Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 04:24 PM

20,897 posts, read 9,601,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
I think you have to be 45 degrees below stupid to vote for a dementia-addled halfwit.
Which is exactly how Trump got elected in 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2020, 07:47 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,063,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The walls are closing in on the dems. There is no way out for Biden
Trump and MAGA nation really have Biden in a pickle. Sleepy Joe seems very scared. Any minute and the SWAT team will be at his front door with a battering ram, tossing flash-bangs through the glass.

Old 12-10-2020, 06:07 AM

1,354 posts, read 794,356 times
Yes, too late to run away...

Old 12-10-2020, 07:12 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,259,435 times
Still going even after no evidence in court.. Wow.. At least some good news..

If four years ago Trump would have told the Republican's "Im going to deceive you and you are going to pay for it", they would have laughed. But.. it looks like exactly that is happening.

So if the mis-information deception machine is not working on you (most of us), at least your not paying for it. At least I hope we are not paying for this.

Old 12-10-2020, 07:31 AM

29,225 posts, read 22,437,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
If we have to rehold the presidential, I think all the elections across the board have to be reheld. If Trump gets shots #2 so should all the Dem congressional candidates who came up short.

They were all elected on the same ballots.
Of course.
There is no way to isolate Trump's election on a ballot from all the others.

The only way possible to overturn any election is to hold a recount, and even then, the numbers must show the victor clearly before another election can be called. And called only for one particular contest.

In the case of most other offices, especially the state and local offices, it's probably possible to leave a seat open temporarily while another election is underway.

But by the Constitution, any President's term has a fixed-date ending. No exceptions are allowed.

So if there was ever to be a second election, it should have been held in November, whhe en there was still enough time left for it to fill all the legal requirements that are a part of ever one of them.

Now, over 30 days since Election Day, it's simply too late. Recounts have been held several times in several different places. All have verified the Election Day results; Joe Biden won narrowly.

Either every recount was legal or it wasn't. The courts have yet to say any single one of them was NOT legal. The courts have verified their legality.

So while it's within Trump's rights to appeal, there is nothing he has to make his appeal valid. No election laws were broken, so they were all legally held, counted, and verified.

One sore loser having a very hard time accepting his loss is no foundation for a legal appeal, especially one this important. With no more evidence than what Trump has now, the courts aren't going to let his appeal be heard.

They will follow the law and our long-standing legal norms on this election, and will declare Biden the legal winner. The electors won't be overthrown, and Congress won't be taking the re-do over.

There will be no re-do.

Old 12-10-2020, 07:58 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,976,546 times
Anybody else see Trump's last days echoing Hitler's last days in the bunker?

"Germany will be saved! I have a secret weapon about to be unleashed on our enemies!" "The people of Germany would never disappoint me and we will emerge victorious!" "My followers swore obedience and loyalty to me!" "The allies will never enter Germany!" "The allies will never reach the suburbs of Berlin! I have decreed it!" The allies will never reach the city limits of Berlin!" "The allies will never reach the Brandenburg Gate!" "I have a massive secret weapon that will turn the tide of the entire war!"

Old 12-10-2020, 08:02 AM

39,109 posts, read 51,345,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post

"Germany will be saved! I have a secret weapon about to be unleashed on our enemies!" "The people of Germany would never disappoint me and we will emerge victorious!" "My followers swore obedience and loyalty to me!" "The allies will never enter Germany!" "The allies will never reach the suburbs of Berlin! I have decreed it!" The allies will never reach the city limits of Berlin!" "The allies will never reach the Brandenburg Gate!" "I have a massive secret weapon that will turn the tide of the entire war!"
I have always found Trump to be more Mussolini than Hitler. Trump's triumphant pose after returning from the hospital recovered from his eponymous virus was a class Il Duce move.

Old 12-10-2020, 08:07 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,976,546 times
Yes, you may be right. Did Mussolini also let loose a constant list of his grievances?

Old 12-10-2020, 09:06 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,491,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post

i'm expecting trump's demise to be more along the lines of billy mcfarland ( fyre festival ), elizabeth holmes ( tharanos ) and billy mitchell ( "king of kong" ).

Old 12-10-2020, 09:16 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,564,524 times
It's only a matter of time before Trump is declared the winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj7P4FUxu7k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies