Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 11:52 PM

316 posts, read 155,533 times

Advertisements

To me it seems that we are needlessly spending massive sums of money on a vaccine that really isn't needed for everyone. A vaccine is needed for those who are most vulnerable to dying from the disease (elderly and pre-existing morbidities) and for healthcare workers to help maintain hospital capacity. Once those are vaccinated, the rest of us should be allowed to live life normally unless hospital capacity becomes an issue.

As much as nobody wants to get sick from COVID, the chances of dying or having serious long term effects for those not in a vulnerable group are very low. This is especially true the younger we go on the age ladder.

We are basically wasting the lives of younger Americans and global youth by keeping these restrictions going for the next several years while nearly every single person is vaccinated. It would save a tremendous amount of time and money to simply vaccinate those at most risk of dying from the virus and those who are needed to maintain the medical system.

To me it seems cruel to keep the world shut down and restricted when death rates are about to plummet as elderly and medically vulnerable people become immunized to the virus.

Unlike every other disease known to man, COVID is the only one where everyone needs to be safe from it before restrictions can be lifted. The flu happens every year and we don't shut everything down for that. We try to get as many vulnerable people a flu shot and for the rest we let nature run its course. Most survive with little negative long term effects. But with COVID even the youngest of kids who have very little chance of dying must be vaccinated. On top of that, scientists say we must wait a long time after everyone gets a vaccine to test how long it provides protection.

To me it seems like we are part of a global science experiment. A few years from now we will find out that most of what we have done was never necessary but scientists wanted to see how these things would work in the real world.

The problem with listening too much to scientists is many have a very narrow view of the world. There needs to be someone with common sense who can override and make their own decisions based on weighing all the variables. It seems we are letting only one side of the story make the decisions. Science should be there to guide us but it can't be only decision maker. With science making the decisions, the cure will likely be worse than the disease.

My fear with Joe Biden is that he doesn't have the balls like Trump does to tell scientists like Dr Fauci that their recommendations don't work in the real world. Some of the things health officials like Dr Fauci say is great advice but other things are probably more harmful than good despite good intentions.

My opinion is that as soon as the elderly, vulnerable, and healthcare workers are vaccinated, everything should open with no restrictions. That will likely occur between February and March. We need to get the economy rolling again. Kids and young adults need to be in school, university, or careers. Humans need to be interacting as we have for thousands of years.

Sadly, I believe those on the left want to milk this virus for as many years as they can to get as much of their agenda passed as possible. Every time we get closer and closer to a vaccine, the more they push the goalposts back. Nancy Pelosi said the only way to beat the virus was to pass her multi-trillion dollar spending bill. I fear that like our endless wars, COVID will become an endless virus that politicians use to get what they want. Nothing gets people voting and demanding things like fear does.

I wish those on the left would push back against their own politicians. We can't waste our lives being human guinea pigs in a vaccine experiment. There are better ways to get your policy goals enacted than to keep the world locked up and in fear of a virus that almost none will die from once the elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated. Life is short. The politicians and scientists on the left want us to wait four or five years to return to normal while they wait and see how the vaccine works over time.

As soon as the sick, elderly and healthcare workers are vaccinated, everyone should be demanding for a return to normal and no restrictions. The goalposts have to stay firm and not constantly moving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2020, 01:14 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
So basically your Marxism is better than the version from the other guy.

I’ve heard that one before.

Old 12-02-2020, 03:30 AM

130 posts, read 77,231 times
Exclamation  

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henry
To me it seems cruel to keep the world shut down and restricted when death rates are about to plummet as elderly and medically vulnerable people become immunized to the virus.
Yes and they seem quite eager to get everyone vaccinated.... Which makes it suspect!!! (They almost did this in 2009 (Swine flu))

They are trying so hard to make everyone scared.. Yes the #s are being inflated and made up...... And the sheep watch this and become more scared.....

Its pure evil whats going on!!!!!

Old 12-02-2020, 05:39 AM

1,746 posts, read 880,219 times
You expect common sense from politicians?? Seriously?? It would be a first that's for sure. LOL

Old 12-02-2020, 05:43 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
The inner conspiracy theorist in me wonders if the entire virus wasn't overhyped as a way to funnel tremendous amounts of money into certain sectors in ways that would never have been possible if this virus was touted as a bad flu, to take Vitamin D and take off if you feel sick... that whether we realize it or not the great reset actually started March of 2020.

We've had some surplus fatalities but nothing to warrant the exaggerated response this virus has evoked.... particularly when it comes to kids and schools. Nearly half the fatalities are in nursing homes. Someone under 18 has around a 9998 out of 10000 chance of surviving. People who are high risk can take their own precautions. I just don't think the one size fits all approach is the approach that should be used, but it doesn't surprise me it's being done this way.

Last edited by sholomar; 12-02-2020 at 05:52 AM..

Old 12-02-2020, 06:01 AM

5,179 posts, read 3,091,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
The inner conspiracy theorist in me wonders if the entire virus wasn't overhyped as a way to funnel tremendous amounts of money into certain sectors in ways that would never have been possible if this virus was touted as a bad flu, to take Vitamin D and take off if you feel sick.

We've had some surplus fatalities but nothing to warrant the exaggerated response this virus has evoked.

If I was a gambling man I'd say they are not going to let this distancing and mask thing go quickly.. even after the vaccine they will find reasons to try to keep up this nonsense into 2022 or later. I can only hope the population puts their foot down and takes their mask off, for good, as I plan to do in the spring or when I get the vaccine, whichever comes first.
In 2009, an organized group of elites (looters) used the backdrop of a banking crisis to plunder national treasuries around the world. Some say they were able to steal/scam over $100B in the U.S. alone. Following the template of the wars on “terror”, supposedly temporary changes in accounting rules and bank regulations became permanent, unending policies — they successfully created a permanent state of financial crisis.

A decade later they were better prepared and this time they used the pandemic as cover to plunder even more. Politicians and The Media are pwned and compliant, The Federal Reserve, ECB, BoJ, PBoC etc. are expected to “act” in a knee-jerk fashion as the looters fill their bags.

Old 12-02-2020, 06:05 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
The inner conspiracy theorist in me wonders if the entire virus wasn't overhyped as a way to funnel tremendous amounts of money into certain sectors in ways that would never have been possible if this virus was touted as a bad flu, to take Vitamin D and take off if you feel sick... that whether we realize it or not the great reset actually started March of 2020.

We've had some surplus fatalities but nothing to warrant the exaggerated response this virus has evoked.... particularly when it comes to kids and schools. Nearly half the fatalities are in nursing homes. Someone under 18 has around a 9998 out of 10000 chance of surviving. People who are high risk can take their own precautions. I just don't think the one size fits all approach is the approach that should be used, but it doesn't surprise me it's being done this way.
Yes, about the Vitamin D! Doctors have found that 80% of COVID-infected people who end up in the hospitals have one thing in common - a deficiency in Vitamin D levels.

I have doubled my Vit D dosage, with my doctor’s approval, from 2000 to 4000 mg a day.

Old 12-02-2020, 08:25 AM

4,025 posts, read 1,878,692 times
Common sense says - lots - and lots - of folks NOT old are in the hospital. Reducing the load on resources by about half would be nice - that's what would happened if you limited vaccines to the "vulnerable" - but half of today's load is still a heck of a load that wasn't there one year ago. It's a good idea to START with the greatest weight on the system - and that is clearly "old" people - but there is no reason to stop there. It's not like a 90/10 split or something - nope.

I'd say if it could get down to "just" the hospitalization rate of the "regular old" flu - that'd be a decent goal. Rough math says that's 10% or so of today's COVID numbers (maybe it's 5 or maybe 15, but it's no 0.1 and it's not 50 either).

Old 12-02-2020, 08:40 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
In 2009, an organized group of elites (looters) used the backdrop of a banking crisis to plunder national treasuries around the world. Some say they were able to steal/scam over $100B in the U.S. alone. Following the template of the wars on “terror”, supposedly temporary changes in accounting rules and bank regulations became permanent, unending policies — they successfully created a permanent state of financial crisis.

A decade later they were better prepared and this time they used the pandemic as cover to plunder even more. Politicians and The Media are pwned and compliant, The Federal Reserve, ECB, BoJ, PBoC etc. are expected to “act” in a knee-jerk fashion as the looters fill their bags.
We are in an era where a mayor's wife can lose a billion taxpayer dollars and no one cares.

De Blasio and ‘co-mayor’ wife have wasted $1.8B of taxpayer money

Old 12-02-2020, 08:44 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
So basically your Marxism is better than the version from the other guy.

I’ve heard that one before.
What? Did you read the same post I did? Can you explain your comment? It makes no sense at all. It really is like you were responding to some other post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies