Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 10:04 AM

943 posts, read 1,323,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Good for you. That's your choice.

Notice how I used the word "choice" there. Since I care about none of the things you mentioned there, perhaps I might make a different "choice," eh? But I should certainly have that choice to make.
I don’t really disagree. My point is that some of us who aren’t particularly vulnerable will want to get the vaccine so our life can go back to normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2020, 11:41 AM

42,000 posts, read 75,350,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henry View Post
To me it seems that we are needlessly spending massive sums of money on a vaccine that really isn't needed for everyone. A vaccine is needed for those who are most vulnerable to dying from the disease (elderly and pre-existing morbidities) and for healthcare workers to help maintain hospital capacity.
And teachers, to keep schools open.
And police, fire, EMS, etc., to keep public safety services functioning.
And food production, distribution, etc. workers, to keep the food supply going.
And ...

Quote:
To me it seems like we are part of a global science experiment. A few years from now we will find out that most of what we have done was never necessary but scientists wanted to see how these things would work in the real world.
I'd suggest that you return your copy of "Conspiracies 101 And Other Nonsense."

Quote:
Sadly, I believe those on the left want to milk this virus for as many years as they can to get as much of their agenda passed as possible. Every time we get closer and closer to a vaccine, the more they push the goalposts back.
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcnghm View Post
Its pure evil whats going on!!!!!
Evil? That's a little over the top, dontcha think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
The inner conspiracy theorist in me
Keep it inside, por favor. There's enough nonsense around here already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It begins with the children. If they can normalize these things for just a few years, always with the promise of getting "back to normal in just a few months," then those impressionable minds have had a very significant impression made upon them. One that we haven't seen in this country since its inception.
No, not since World War II, World War I, the Civil War, the 1918 flu pandemic ... hmmm.

I do wonder how my parents turned out so "normal" after World War II so greatly impacted their childhoods - on top of the Great Depression, no less. They saw their older siblings and cousins and uncles go overseas (and not come back), food shortages, rationing, air raid drills (what would have happened if someone didn't feel like turning the lights out for a drill, much like some folks today don't feel like wearing a mask?). Yet they managed to finish school, succeed in careers, raise a family, join the PTO, lead the Girl Scouts. Are you saying they should instead have been dysfunctional blobs living in their parents' basements?

Quote:
Once the youngest think this is all normal and expected, we're done. It doesn't matter how hard we fight, or how successful we think we've been. Once those kids reach their late teens, the idea is cemented into society. It's just a matter of time.
That's a strange perception of young people.

Quote:
That's why we have to fight these restrictions with everything we have, RIGHT NOW. Waiting until next year or the next election isn't good enough. Each day that passes with the public accepting these unconstitutional and inhumane restrictions makes it that much harder to reverse.
Unconstitutional and inhumane? How so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Vaccines for a disease with a 0.14% mortality rate should be suspect from the start. When certain statistical anomalies concerning the disease are examined, the initial suspicion should turn to outright distrust.
Guess we don't need that flu vaccine, either, then, right? Or shingles - heck, shingles kills about 100 people a year. Why bother with a vaccine?

Old 12-02-2020, 11:54 AM

4,038 posts, read 1,894,399 times
Vaccines for a disease with a 0.14% mortality rate should be suspect from the start.

Why? There's a vaccine for the flu - and its rate is less. Ya wanna get rid of that too?

Old 12-02-2020, 07:00 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,817,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJS View Post
I don’t really disagree. My point is that some of us who aren’t particularly vulnerable will want to get the vaccine so our life can go back to normal.
Yeah not me.

Quote:
To me it seems that we are needlessly spending massive sums of money on a vaccine that really isn't needed for everyone. A vaccine is needed for those who are most vulnerable to dying from the disease (elderly and pre-existing morbidities) and for healthcare workers to help maintain hospital capacity.

Well I definitely don't need it though I could sure use the money..just not sure it's worth it and it makes me question why they would pay me to take it.

Quote:
Sadly, I believe those on the left want to milk this virus for as many years as they can to get as much of their agenda passed as possible.

My only agenda personally when it comes to the pandemic is to stay away from my Jail Of Business.

Quote:
As soon as the sick, elderly and healthcare workers are vaccinated, everyone should be demanding for a return to normal and no restrictions. The goalposts have to stay firm and not constantly moving
As soon as I am able to send my two week notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies