Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 09:48 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,783,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Look at Europe.

They had more severe lockdowns back in the spring and have had to go through it again. No “national plan” would do anything. You are deluding yourself.
Indeed.

Folks are shocked- SHOCKED!- that a virus spreads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2020, 10:33 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Indeed; Folks are shocked- SHOCKED!- that a virus spreads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
Amen it doesn’t work with all the masks, hand sanitizer, gloves people are still getting covid. Nothing will help til we get a vaccine
There is no guarantee that the vaccine will work in every case, nor that there won't be side effects -- as with the great swine flue scare, now 45 years ago and almost forgotten.

All this for a disease which, in the absence of pre-existing conditions (which the bureaucrats and manipulators don't seem to want to talk about), has a survival rate greater than 99 percent.

Speaking only for myself, I'm at a somewhat greater risk due to age(71) and an irregular heartbeat.
I voluntarily wear a mask in high-risk situations like shopping, and tested negative during a short hospitalization over the summer; In short, like most people of reasonable education and means, I know enough to be able to hedge my own bets.

So I don't need Big Brother, and a team of power-hungry functionaries and supposed experts to do my thinking for me.

Unfortunately, politicians think of the "American public" as an easily-manipulated teenybopper with a short attention span, and can't wait to pander to it.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 12-04-2020 at 11:47 AM..

Old 12-04-2020, 10:44 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,303,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Everything I've ever seen him say/do, even back many years ago, has to do with the speech issue he has. My mother has the same lifelong type of stutter issue. She's now 76 and does the same things, but mentally, she is sharp as a tack. The brain really does a number in those words trying to come out but it's a speech issue and not a dementia issue.
The issues I've seen Biden have, have nothing to do with stuttering. They are brain fog moments. His train of thought gets lost; he forgets what he is talking about. He slurs words, not in a stroke like manner, but like when you are unsure about the word you are using. His outbursts like "dog faced pony soldier", challenging an old man to a push up contest, lashing out at a reporter like he did aren't normal behaviors for him. I am not a doctor, I can't diagnose dementia. I do know what normal looks like and Joe Biden has something abnormal going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Biden will set a different tone at the top.
OMG, this is Modern Liberalism in a nutshell. Modern Liberals think SAYING the right thing solves the problem as opposed to actually DOING something. SETTING A TONE WON'T FIX COVID19 SPREAD. The most scrupulous areas in mask wearing are seeing spikes and not just in the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcnghm View Post
Sometimes I feel wierd being the only one in the store w/o a mask but then I realise how grateful I am to be my own person and not controlled...... I feel bad for those whos lives are not thier own. They are living fake,controlled lives........ God gave them a mind and they arent using it. They have been so compromised
I'd ask for a refund from God on yours.

Not sure where you live, but where I live mask wearing is required to enter stores. If you are not wearing a mask you are asked to leave. If you refuse I assume they'd call the police and have you arrested for trespassing. But I've never seen that because everyone wears a mask. It doesn't mean people are spineless, cowering automatons, it means they recognize the need for extraordinary measures.

If I drive 25mph in a school zone, am I being controlled by the government and not my own person or am I a good citizen who realizes the 25mph speed limit in a school zone is a good idea for the community; that driving the normal 45mph is not a good idea. Freedom isn't anarchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Look at Europe. They had more severe lockdowns back in the spring and have had to go through it again. No “national plan” would do anything. You are deluding yourself.
Well said.

Old 12-04-2020, 10:58 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Obviously completely different. Hell it might actually be easier to contain since it would be extremely obvious who has it. Unlike this one where apparently you can get it and not even realize you have it

Different symptoms ... but dead is dead

Old 12-04-2020, 12:34 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,679,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What I'm trying to say is that we needed a national plan from the beginning. We are all tired of living through this. It didn't have to be this way.
I wonder if they had taken all the state plans, stapled them together, and put a title page that said "National Plan" the virus would have sense our seriousness and stopped itself.

Also, the idea that the virus can sense how serious you are about it and adjusts itself accordingly is just nuts.

Two weeks to stop the spread and then we're good to go is what I believe "science" was telling us before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies