Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 06:01 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,893,118 times

Advertisements

Dont need a civil war. We need folks to hold their own party accountable. Stop playing the my team against your team game. That's how we got stuck with Trump. That's how we get choices like Trump or Biden, Trump or Hillary. If your candidate isn't doing what they promised fire them. If the country isn't headed in the right direction fire the bums. We give our elected reps a free pass for absolutely ignoring their employers. How many of you would get a free pass for the same job performance we see from Congress? We are in 2 forever wars and we tell our elected reps, Good Job by re-electing them. We are 23 trillion in debt and we reward our elected reps by re-electing them. They should be fired.

Old 12-04-2020, 06:13 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,592,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
The American People! Sadly I just don’t see any other alternatives. For the most part our representatives only care about their own personal interests and the American people be damned!
You ain't gonna do a damn thing except post on this forum and you know it, keyboard warrior.

Old 12-04-2020, 06:13 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,358,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The rest of us don't want to do that. So when you take up arms and wage your civil war against fellow citizens, expect to be put in civilian handcuffs and tried in a criminal court for your violent behavior.
You mean like the wacko lefties who rioted, injured and killed innocent bystanders, burned buildings, destroyed property and people's livelihoods and didn't get arrested or do time in jail or prison. Sure, I expect the same treatment as they got.

Old 12-04-2020, 06:16 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,431,563 times
Wow.

Foolish talk from foolish people. That's a surprise!

Old 12-04-2020, 06:29 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,400,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
You mean like the wacko lefties who rioted, injured and killed innocent bystanders, burned buildings, destroyed property and people's livelihoods and didn't get arrested or do time in jail or prison. Sure, I expect the same treatment as they got.
The folks who killed people in my area ended up dying in a hail of gunfire from the cops. So actually no you want to be treated how the other poster posted-in handcuffs, not how we actually treated people who killed people here.

Reality is vastly different then what you think.

Old 12-04-2020, 06:32 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 15 days ago)

35,658 posts, read 18,021,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Yes, I mean that, the same treatment they got.

There were a LOT OF people charged for destruction of property this summer, and assaulting other people during the riots.

And I wouldn't say that most the destruction was done by "lefties" but rather, by people without political affiliation who liked to burn stuff and steal TVs.

Old 12-04-2020, 06:34 PM

1,049 posts, read 655,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Dont need a civil war. We need folks to hold their own party accountable. Stop playing the my team against your team game. That's how we got stuck with Trump. That's how we get choices like Trump or Biden, Trump or Hillary. If your candidate isn't doing what they promised fire them. If the country isn't headed in the right direction fire the bums. We give our elected reps a free pass for absolutely ignoring their employers. How many of you would get a free pass for the same job performance we see from Congress? We are in 2 forever wars and we tell our elected reps, Good Job by re-electing them. We are 23 trillion in debt and we reward our elected reps by re-electing them. They should be fired.
We may disagree from time to time, but you've hit the nail on the head.

We elect the same people who put lobbying interests about the people they serve, who can't work together to save their own lives, who can't manage funds, and can't hold themselves accountable. You and I would be fired if our record was such, but yet we keep voting in the same folks because they have a D or an R by their name or because they said they were a good Christian man.

To add to that we also need to want better for our community as well. We can't say we need to change if we expect others to do that change for us.

Old 12-04-2020, 06:48 PM

262 posts, read 165,238 times
Not sure why Republicans are getting so incited on the forums lately, not having even given our new President Biden a chance.

So many are talking violence, fighting, martial law and even civil war. I just went on NTD Live on YouTube, with some robot sounding news announcer & a chat room full of 37K people saying "Trump Won. Biden Jail. hearts galore for Trump" Just bizarre. I've always known Trump to be a mogul Playboy, who vacillated between Dem & Rep, was a charismatic comedian, and was known for being a con artist. I lived NYC during the 1980's when he was a fixture there.

I've been reading about Trump's plan since 2015 to claim rigged elections, either as a back-up plan if were to ever lose when running for the presidency, or on a darker more sinister level (and cynical), as an attempt to turn our Democracy into his own socialized dictatorship with everyone under his thumb. Wouldn't put it past him. I recall him pondering in interviews whether he would run as Dem or Rep if he were to run for President, but ultimately chose the party he thought he could have more influence over. He was correct, Republicans loved him. But in TV interviews, Trump always claimed the economy did better under Democratic presidents, and that he was pro-choice.

But this last 4 years, as he worked so hard to debunk all our mainstream media, I realized this more cynical approach may have been his true objective. Afterall, he admires dictators such as Putin, and had a bookcase full of the writings of Hilter (according to his niece). It's almost like he wanted to completely turn our way of life upside down, along with our US constitution with this enslaught of lawsuits which have no merit, and cite absolutely no names. The conspiracy theories I thought no one would buy as they are so preposterous (like UFO Bigfoot Tabloid), and election fraud is extremely rare. But, alas, a virtual army of Republicans are all on board with this theory, and even tele-evangalists like Pat Robertson promote Trump. Pat Robertson originally said after Trump starting his lawsuit seige, "if you lose the ball game, you don't go back and try to change the score." Then a few days later Pat Robertson said, "maybe those states can flip." Seriously?

Anyway, these are strange times. I do hope that Biden can bridge the gap with the "forgotten middle America Republicans" as my husband calls them. I think it can be done, but everyone has to be willing to make the effort. Great things are never accomplished by fighting, but rather are accomplished by brainstorming ideas and solutions, discussions, coorperation and the emplemenation of new policies.

Old 12-04-2020, 06:49 PM

57,369 posts, read 26,285,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Jesus Christ! Listen to yourselves!

You want a CIVIL WAR because Trump lost???

Yes it is rather stunning, heard the same threats of civil war under Obama when he was supposedly coming for the guns.

Old 12-04-2020, 06:57 PM

4,206 posts, read 2,524,848 times
Judging from the last civil war, something worse will come out of it. The government of Jefferson Davis was so oppressive that NC and GA were debating openly whether to leave the Confederacy. Virginia enacted a draft which was impressment on February 8, 1862 (the national CSA draft wasn't until April); on February 27, 1862, the Confederate Congress suspends the writ of habeas corpus and on March 1, 1862 marital law was declared in Richmond followed by March 4 in Petersburg and so on throughout the south. So much for liberty and state's rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies