Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2020, 09:24 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,487,684 times

Advertisements

When someone walking away from their car feels a need to blow the horn twice I`d really like to smack them upside the head for their rudeness. Killing them isn`t a just penalty for these rude attention seekers.

Old 12-05-2020, 09:36 AM

25,884 posts, read 18,912,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllmaticReigns82 View Post
Did I miss something? Are some people in this thread justifying the taking of a life because of loud music?
Nope. But we're not excusing the playing of loud music either.

Old 12-05-2020, 09:36 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,723,258 times
Quote:
Did I miss something? Are some people in this thread justifying the taking of a life because of loud music?
Some are, but others are saying "don't put your wants, ahead of other people's needs"

Old 12-05-2020, 09:43 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 18 days ago)

35,670 posts, read 18,040,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
So you are telling me that the hum of a generator is as infuriating and jarring as a thumping boom box cranked to 130 decibels spewing out garbage that isn't fit for a rabid goat to listen to?

I've heard both many times and I already know the answer, so don't bother responding.

Oh by the way, I've had neighbors who let their dogs sit and bark at nothing all day long. They've all gotten the middle finger from me and lots of calls to the cops. And they've all been white. Contrary to your belief, every action is not centered around and based upon skin color.
Obviously, to a significant portion of the population, the music isn't irritating.

NO ONE would purposely turn on a generator to enjoy the sound.

But yes, there are people who enjoy the sound of loud music.

I don't see anywhere in the articles that says the decibel level of the music, though.

I notice you didn't shoot the neighbor who owns the barking dogs, and that's the critical difference here.

Old 12-05-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Obviously, to a significant portion of the population, the music isn't irritating.

NO ONE would purposely turn on a generator to enjoy the sound.

But yes, there are people who enjoy the sound of loud music.

I don't see anywhere in the articles that says the decibel level of the music, though.

I notice you didn't shoot the neighbor who owns the barking dogs, and that's a critical difference here.
And there are people who enjoy assaulting others as well. That doesn't make it right. Loud, obnoxious NOISE perpetrated simply for some inconsiderate jerk's "entertainment" is assault just as surely as if he'd gone up to someone and punched him for the fun of it. It's sonic assault. In fact, it is Sonic Rape--forcing yourself into the ears of others. And it should be (and is in some places) dealt with as criminal behavior.

Stop Sonic Rape Now. Should be on a tee-shirt. I'd wear it. It's illegal to blow smoke into my face, and should also be illegal to "blow" your so-called music into my ears.

Old 12-05-2020, 09:53 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 18 days ago)

Quote:
No, you didn't miss anything.

Old 12-05-2020, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And there are people who enjoy assaulting others as well. That doesn't make it right. Loud, obnoxious NOISE perpetrated simply for some inconsiderate jerk's "entertainment" is assault just as surely as if he'd gone up to someone and punched him for the fun of it. It's sonic assault. In fact, it is Sonic Rape--forcing yourself into the ears of others. And it should be (and is in some places) dealt with as a criminal offense.

Stop Sonic Rape Now. Should be on a tee-shirt. I'd wear it.
Yes, making loud, continuous noise on purpose is annoying, and most communities have laws against it. And the cops will come and tell you to quiet down, and if you don't, you can be charged with the offense of disturbing the peace.

Which is not a capitol offense involving the death penalty.

Anyone who SHOOTS someone for playing their music too loudly, one morning, deserves to be in prison.

I'm surprised you can't see this.

And now, this 3rd grade boy, the son of the shooter, has lost the only parent he has along with his home that recently burned to the ground. It would seem to ME, as a parent myself, the dad would have recognized that his child needs him desperately and wouldn't have gone and thrown his life away like this and leaving the child a virtual homeless orphan.

Old 12-05-2020, 09:56 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,018,225 times
Quote:
I wonder if this murderer would have resorted to the same aggression, had this been a 40something white man with an RV and a very loud generator in the parking lot.

My guess is, absolutely not.

Although I've been surprised at the gall of some people who will set up their RV and generator in an otherwise serene and peaceful natural setting where others are tent camping to enjoy the sounds and solitude of nature.
Wait you are comparing loud music to noise from a generator cooling someone's food? Lost me.

Old 12-05-2020, 10:00 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,018,225 times
Quote:
The privileged person that was playing the loud music, needed an attitude adjustment. In this case murder was a wild overreach and the person that did that also lost his life. He will never see freedom again. The amount of privilege needs to be hit and hit hard that we are seeing in most cities however, but murder isn't the way to handle it. Letting police do their jobs, so citizens that aren't professionals can just call the professionals. In other words, the police should have been called to shut the privileged person's music up.

Old 12-05-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Yes, making loud, continuous noise on purpose is annoying, and most communities have laws against it. And the cops will come and tell you to quiet down, and if you don't, you can be charged with the offense of disturbing the peace.

Which is not a capitol offense involving the death penalty.

Anyone who SHOOTS someone for playing their music too loudly, one morning, deserves to be in prison.

I'm surprised you can't see this.
Oh, I can see it. In fact, he deserves a lot more than just going to prison.

However, there is a reason the guy did what he did, even though it was way over the top and insane. Had the loud, obnoxious noise not been blaring, there wouldn't have been a problem, would there? You folks need to stop excusing bad behavior whilst not excusing worse behavior in return.

Just as with "road rage" on the freeway. It's seldom a solo affair. There is a reason, even though the response gets way, way out of hand. Overreaction to a stupid act. I don't excuse the overreaction. But I don't excuse the reason for the overreactions either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies