Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2022, 01:57 PM

17,694 posts, read 6,952,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Guess I should have scrolled down before I posted. But my normal approach is to just read the OP, and make my first comments based upon the comments and links in post #1. Then I dig into the topic and make another post.
Your post still made more sense long after the fact than the nonsense the libs were posting at the time.

Old 12-12-2022, 07:22 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,239,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It seems they'll do anything to downplay the numbers

Florida police seize computer of COVID data whistleblower

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...247680010.html

The Tallahassee home of the former Department of Health data scientist who has been running an alternative web site to the state’s COVID dashboard was raided Monday morning by state police, according to a post she put on Twitter late in the day.

“There will be no update today. At 8:30 am this morning, state police came into my house and took all my hardware and tech,’’ wrote Rebekah Jones at 5 p.m. “They were serving a warrant on my computer after DOH filed a complaint. They pointed a gun in my face. They pointed guns at my kids.”

I miss Finn. I suspect, with only 1 post - 2 weeks ago - since November 2020, he's assumed a different identity. I wish he'd just tell us this new ID so we could commiserate again.

I wonder how the Miami Herald, purveyor of fine leftist slanted news it is, feels about their reporting now.

The cops "raided" her by forcibly entering when she refused to let them peaceably serve the warrant. And her claims of pointed guns were debunked long ago.

Old 12-12-2022, 07:27 AM

18,496 posts, read 8,318,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Rebekah Jones pled guilty to all the crimes she was accused of. No, DeSantis and Florida were NOT "fudging the COVID numbers."
well too late now.....liberal media has guaranteed the lie is firmly entrenched

wouldn't surprise me if Biden uses the lie when he's campaigning....Biden has before

Old 12-12-2022, 01:47 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,613,318 times
Quote:
sure, buddy.

Rebekah Jones Signs Deferred Prosecution Agreement, Admits Guilt, Lies about It, Raises More Money
Quote:
According to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, “Evidence retrieved from a search warrant (in December 2020) shows that Jones illegally accessed the (FDOH) system sending a message to approximately 1,750 people and downloaded confidential FDOH data and saved it to her devices.”

As a condition of the deferred prosecution agreement, Jones agreed to the following special conditions:

Pay $20,000 in investigative fees to Florida Department of Law

Enforcement at a rate of $200 per month until paid in full;

Perform 150 hours of community services at a minimum rate of 13 hours per month;

See a licensed mental health professional for at least one hour per month

Admits guilt to the offense(s) charged

Pay $100 fee to State Attorney’s Office upon filing of agreement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Banana republic.
lmao

Old 12-12-2022, 03:26 PM

78,543 posts, read 60,718,007 times
It's funny to read back through these threads.

I'm waiting until January to bump some of the threads about no food and mass starvation this fall and winter.

Old 12-13-2022, 07:48 AM

3,651 posts, read 1,609,003 times
Seems she took a plea deal to stay out of jail, at least for now. And she claims on her facebook:

"In order to have the case dropped, I had to agree to pay the police a large sum of money for the time they spent raiding my home without a warrant and pointing guns at my small children."

Old 12-13-2022, 08:16 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,239,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
Seems she took a plea deal to stay out of jail, at least for now. And she claims on her facebook:

"In order to have the case dropped, I had to agree to pay the police a large sum of money for the time they spent raiding my home without a warrant and pointing guns at my small children."
I really do wonder if the prosecutor would take legal interest in some of the insanity the woman is spewing post-trial. She truly needs mental help.

Old 12-13-2022, 08:19 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,772,469 times
Quote:

Florida police seize computer of COVID data whistleblower

This thread did not age very well at all.

Old 12-13-2022, 08:21 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,772,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmam View Post
No, she has degrees in journalism and geography. Data analysis has it's own degree. Part of her duties included uploading the Covid data every day to the dashboard; that was the extent of her expertise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
oh if she is a leftist there is no way she can be right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
Desantis is like Trump always trying to downplay the virus. This woman was posting real info. It made Desantis look bad.
So what do you think about her now?

It's fun to review what partisan people claim in the beginning and then compare it to reality now.

Never seems to favor leftists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies