Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 03:12 PM

1,086 posts, read 442,095 times

Advertisements

Main points

1.Real whistlowers are usually lone, tragic figures who end up overseas, Snowden, in jail, Chelsea manning, arrested and ruined financially, Thomas drake, homes raided like disabled NSA vet William binney or charged with espionage like john kirkou

real whistleblowers are hated, not celebrated, by the intelligence community. Real whistleblowers are usually lone and ruined figures

2.This "whistleblower" was a Cia figure assigned to white house , who had help from various officials and accounts from numerous colleagues and celebrated by every major media outlet.!

3. This Whistleblower spent a career in CIA and this phone call is all he objected to?

4. This is not a lone job by a moral whistleblower but is a group of people supported by significant institutional power in intelligence, the Democrat party and the media.

5. Trump may be bad but he has nothing like the brutal and secretive record of the CIA, NSA, and the washington establishment.

Lies about WMDs to invade a country, torture and overthrowing governments, massive NSA domestic surveillance, we need real whistleblowers!. Not disgruntled elites and a fake whistleblower trying to stage some palace coup.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...spying-895529/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDann636 View Post
This needs a thorough Congressional Investigation!
I doubt it, Lindsay graham has never held a hearing in Senate judiciary over use of spying on trump, the fake dossier, use of the intelligence agencies against a presidential candidate etc.

the establishment, including Republicans have never been comfortable with the populist and nationalist movement that elected trump.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:42 PM

Other points from the writer Matt tiabbi on twitter

a whistleblower that goes right back to his job?

Old 10-08-2019, 05:54 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,139,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
Main points

1.Real whistlowers are usually lone, tragic figures who end up overseas, Snowden, in jail, Chelsea manning, arrested and ruined financially, Thomas drake, homes raided like disabled NSA vet William binney or charged with espionage like john kirkou

real whistleblowers are hated, not celebrated, by the intelligence community. Real whistleblowers are usually lone and ruined figures

2.This "whistleblower" was a Cia figure assigned to white house , who had help from various officials and accounts from numerous colleagues and celebrated by every major media outlet.!

3. This Whistleblower spent a career in CIA and this phone call is all he objected to?

4. This is not a lone job by a moral whistleblower but is a group of people supported by significant institutional power in intelligence, the Democrat party and the media.

5. Trump may be bad but he has nothing like the brutal and secretive record of the CIA, NSA, and the washington establishment.

Lies about WMDs to invade a country, torture and overthrowing governments, massive NSA domestic surveillance, we need real whistleblowers!. Not disgruntled elites and a fake whistleblower trying to stage some palace coup.
I like Matt Taibbi a lot, and Rolling Stone, despite the mockery it may get here, sometimes has good political articles. But in this case, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Whistleblowers come in all shapes and sizes, and although some end up with lives more devastated than others, that doesn't make any more "real." Thomas Drake, for instance, had no idea that would happen to him. As a matter of fact, I knew a guy who was a whistleblower at a nonprofit arts organization, and reported that some of the people in his department were stealing the cash; it backfired and he lost his job. But he was still a whistleblower.

I'm not sure why Taibbi imagines that it matters whether someone was alone or not, or was covered by the media or not. Nor does it matter if he's hated or not. (I'm sure there are people who hate him.) The only element of "real" is that the person stepped forward, usually at some risk, to reveal something important that was hidden. Nor do we know if the call was all he objected to. Perhaps it was just the last straw. And although you're right that the CIA and NSA have a bad history, it's not a matter of whether the actions of one man in the presidency is worse than an entire organization over the course of decades.

He's still a whistleblower - and we don't know the rest of the story yet.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:03 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
Main points

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...spying-895529/
Matt is being Hammered big time for this article by the Leftists. As he explains in his article
, he has known many REAL Whistleblowers, and this one doesn’t pass any smell test.
Matt Is NOT a Trump fan by any stretch of anyone’s imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I like Matt Taibbi a lot, and Rolling Stone, despite the mockery it may get here, sometimes has good political articles. But in this case, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Whistleblowers come in all shapes and sizes, and although some end up with lives more devastated than others, that doesn't make any more "real." Thomas Drake, for instance, had no idea that would happen to him. As a matter of fact, I knew a guy who was a whistleblower at a nonprofit arts organization, and reported that some of the people in his department were stealing the cash; it backfired and he lost his job. But he was still a whistleblower.

I'm not sure why Taibbi imagines that it matters whether someone was alone or not, or was covered by the media or not. Nor does it matter if he's hated or not. (I'm sure there are people who hate him.) The only element of "real" is that the person stepped forward, usually at some risk, to reveal something important that was hidden. Nor do we know if the call was all he objected to. Perhaps it was just the last straw. And although you're right that the CIA and NSA have a bad history, it's not a matter of whether the actions of one man in the presidency is worse than an entire organization over the course of decades.

He's still a whistleblower - and we don't know the rest of the story yet.
You appear to be the typical Leftist fan of Rolling Stone & Matt Taibbi ... whine, I alike them, but WHY would they write THIS.??

Matt Taibbi explains it all very, very clearly ...
It’s fair to wonder if this is a one-person effort. Even former CIA official Robert Baer, no friend of Trump, said as much in an early confab on CNN with Brooke Baldwin:
BAER: That’s what I find remarkable, is that this whistleblower knew about that, this attempt to cover up. This is a couple of people. It isn’t just one.
BALDWIN: And on the people point, if the allegation is true, Bob, what does it say that White House officials, lawyers, wanted to cover it up?
BAER: You know, my guess, it’s a palace coup against Trump. And who knows what else they know at this point.
That sounds about right. Actual whistleblowers are alone. The Ukraine complaint seems to be the work of a group of people, supported by significant institutional power, not only in the intelligence community, but in the Democratic Party and the commercial press.

When Leftist Journalists at .rolling Stone are admitting it’s a Coup agsinst the President ...
the Leftist Bubble turn against them, but a few may actually wonder ...

What if I’m wrong? Wrong like I was in 2916? What if CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC (savior help us) and even NPR ... are not telling us the truth??? Again

Old 10-08-2019, 08:37 PM

I n have been reading tiabbi. Interesting writer, not the typical doctrinaire leftist

Old 10-08-2019, 08:40 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,779,901 times
This is not a whistleblower but a controlled leak.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:59 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
This is not a whistleblower but a controlled leak.
Wrong.

Old 10-08-2019, 09:02 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times
Rolling Stone?

Eek. That's some desperation OP.

Old 10-08-2019, 09:20 PM

desperation? Matt Tiabbi is a good writer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies