Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 09:59 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Even if Trump goes away the divsion isn't going anywhere but rather getting worse. Nearly half the country believes the election was stolen regardless of what you think. And Biden and Harris are already pushing the gun control agenda. I figure the last thread holding the country together is the economy. When the economy crashes there are going to be enough people with nothing left to lose, and filled with hate of the other side, that I would be surprised if it doesn't happen.
Reading this forum, you might get that impression. But in reality I don't think there is a lot of hate for the other side. I have many friends who are conservative republicans. I disagree with them strenuously on certain issues, but I do not hate anyone. Maybe I am in favor of universal healthcare and they are opposed. Fine; I have no desire to take up arms and kill them over it.

Old 12-16-2020, 10:04 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Reading this forum, you might get that impression. But in reality I don't think there is a lot of hate for the other side. I have many friends who are conservative republicans. I disagree with them strenuously on certain issues, but I do not hate anyone. Maybe I am in favor of universal healthcare and they are opposed. Fine; I have no desire to take up arms and kill them over it.
You're right but it doesn't matter. The 50% left is led by authoritarian ideologues and the moderate people are too cowardly to resist their degenerate ideas. Their complicity in inaction is just as bad because it enables them

Old 12-16-2020, 11:17 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
That may depend on where you live. I'm in a red county in a blue state. My neighbors pretty well hate democrats and many are quite angry over the election along with other things (gun control proposals especially). To the point of trying to make sure none move in. Elsewhere in the state people have had their jobs threatened for not being far-left.

Nationally, the extremes are running the show. The moderates don't matter. The majority in our first civil war did not want it. It was the extremes on both sides that drove the country to it.

Old 12-16-2020, 12:52 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Trump supporters aren’t gonna do a damn thing lol.

You see so many of these internet tough guys on Social Media and there either fat and out of shape or some nerd..

The tough guy fantasy is comical
The far left wants to open our borders, defund our police, export our jobs, and embrace the "freedoms" of criminals, mentally ill, and homeless/druggies while they destroy our cities. At the same time they disallow the law abiding citizens to protect themselves, AND it continues to spread like cancer. A violent push back will become a likely conclusion. A bullet is just as effective no matter if it's fired from a fat old person or a 12yo kid.

Old 12-16-2020, 12:58 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
There's only like two factories in the US or something that has a federal license to produce primer, and most of their orders are going towards military contracts. They are unable to fill orders to supply the bullet manufacturers and no one else is legallly allowed to produce it. People who have set up machinery to mold their own can't even make them because you can't get the supplies.

The entire gun industry is cleaned out, just think about that for a second.
CCI's parent company has over a billion $$ in ammo backorders, about an entire year of production if they stopped taking any more orders.
There are some guns still out there, but it's as empty and sold out as I have ever seen it. There is no primers to be had anywhere, empty brass is even pulling a premium if you can fid someone reloading it that actually has primers.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:10 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
This country has completely gone down a Marxist toilet. It is NO GOOD anymore when the government and all big business sanctions racial hatred towards the people whose ancestors made it what it is.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:15 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
This country has completely gone down a Marxist toilet. It is NO GOOD anymore when the government and all big business sanctions racial hatred towards the people whose ancestors made it what it is.
Don't let the door knob hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Well we recently reached the wall where people refuse to get pushed any further. It's a shame that it took so long to wake up to the threat to American civilization but we're here now and the war is on (figuratively speaking of course)

Old 01-07-2021, 09:17 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Well we recently reached the wall where people refuse to get pushed any further. It's a shame that it took so long to wake up to the threat to American civilization but we're here now and the war is on (figuratively speaking of course)
You guys have been at war for 30 years at least. Newt Gingrich fired the initial shots and it's been gangbusters since. Sad and stupid thing is, you're at war with yourself because we are you just as much as you are us. We try and try to work with you, but when your stance is my way or the highway, half my fellow Americans be damned, you are working at odds with yourself.

Will the GOP ever learn?

Old 01-07-2021, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
You guys have been at war for 30 years at least. Newt Gingrich fired the initial shots and it's been gangbusters since. Sad and stupid thing is, you're at war with yourself because we are you just as much as you are us. We try and try to work with you, but when your stance is my way or the highway, half my fellow Americans be damned, you are working at odds with yourself.

Will the GOP ever learn?
You talk about learning and you haven't even learned that Trump is not GOP

Establishment GOP & RINOs have now completely lost control and conservative populists are majority in the party

And you speak of 30 years war, do you not recognize that the marxists have been at war with American values for 60 years now? It took the reach of social media to finally give them enough influence to affect public policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies