Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 04:55 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Violence doesn't just mean killing. I have never heard right wing folks defend lone crazies that snap and go on a killing spree. I have heard tons of leftists try to defend and justify violence committed by angry mobs of other leftists.

A few lone crazies do not represent the right as a whole.

Old 12-12-2020, 05:05 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,764,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You posted a blatant falsehood.

You said "Trump also could have easily clarified it plainly himself and he never would. He wanted to keep the craziest Americans in his pocket."

This is indisputably wrong.

I don't think you were lying. I think you are probably more informed than the average person in keeping up with current events.

So why did you post something that was indisputably incorrect?

Answer:

The media is propaganda. The media manipulated you into that falsehood and you adopted that position. Let me guess, you freely accept that Fox News manipulates its viewers? No? Do you understand that even CNN and NPR do the same? NPR before the election the Hunter Biden story shouldn't be covered, it is Russian disinformation - after the election when it can't hurt Joe Biden's election odds, oh we better point out that it is a legit story. Do you agree that the media manipulates its viewers?

Do you admit that your post was factually wrong?

P.S. It was a Robert E. Lee statue. Think for a moment. There had been before, during, and after that horrible event people protesting to keep the Robert E. Lee statue. Don't be so easily fooled.
Well that is wrong and very revisionist. Will you admit that you're wrong?

It was Neo-nazi protesters there changing 'Jews will not replace us on live' television. They wanted to be seen and Trump was happy to say there were fine people on both sides, rather than condemn hate.

He danced. He never directly condemned the neo-nazi protestors. He would only argue that he said it in the past, but wouldn't directly say it when it mattered. He would get a press secretary to say he said it, but he would never actually say it.

The statue and those who support it aren't important alone. It was the fact that there was a Alt-Right protest at the statue and that was the substance of the conversation. We can't just wish the neo-nazis out of the picture. They were there when he made his remarks and it was very public and yes covered by the media.

Old 12-12-2020, 05:12 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont think Trump realizes what all his talk of 'fraud and cheating' is going to result in!

I get emails from the Trump campaign every day and they all state very clearly, "WE MUST NEVER ALLOW THIS FRAUD TO SUCCEED" and other statements like it...

So, what are all his followers and supporters going to do on the day Biden is declared the official winner?!...Naturally they are going to see this as fraud succeeding...that is when the violence starts imo.

They will see it as their patriotic duty to stand up and stop this, at all costs.

They are not going to just settle down and accept it, and/or learn to live with Biden as their president...that would be the same thing as allowing the Govt to take away free speech, or another important right American citizens have!
Very interesting scenario. Sure hope Trump’s supporters allow the inauguration to proceed without violence. It seems very unfair that these people are trying to deny Biden a decent entry into the Presidency. And us Americans some peace from all the chaos of the last 4 years, especially the time after the election.

I am so tired of all the uproar Trump causes.

Old 12-12-2020, 05:15 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
I dont think Trump realizes what all his talk of 'fraud and cheating' is going to result in!

I get emails from the Trump campaign every day and they all state very clearly, "WE MUST NEVER ALLOW THIS FRAUD TO SUCCEED" and other statements like it...

So, what are all his followers and supporters going to do on the day Biden is declared the official winner?!...Naturally they are going to see this as fraud succeeding...that is when the violence starts imo.

They will see it as their patriotic duty to stand up and stop this, at all costs.

They are not going to just settle down and accept it, and/or learn to live with Biden as their president...that would be the same thing as allowing the Govt to take away free speech, or another important right American citizens have!
you started yet another thread to let us know you've been receiving emails from Trump?

Old 12-12-2020, 05:17 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The proud boys are in DC right now trying to pick fights and yelling at police about how they hate them.

Trump is a dangerous person. There is no doubt about that.

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/12/94582...ion-maga-march

Quote:
President Trump broadcast his approval of Saturday's demonstration, tweeting, "Wow! Thousands of people forming in Washington (D.C.) for Stop the Steal. Didn't know about this, but I'll be seeing them! #MAGA."

Several groups who attended last month's protest marched again on Saturday. This includes the Proud Boys, a self-proclaimed "Western-chauvinist" organization known for violent confrontations with left-wing protesters. It's considered a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Reporter Jenny Gathright of NPR member station WAMU observed members of the group marching through Freedom Plaza early Saturday afternoon. Some of them were holding white power symbols.

On Saturday crowds cheered as Marine One flew overhead with the president onboard en route to another event. During last month's protest, Trump made an impromptu visit, riding by the rally in his presidential motorcade.

Old 12-12-2020, 05:25 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
What violence was defended and justified?
Oh let me help, I get accused of this ALL the time by posters here because I have posted extensively about my support of people who protest-and how I want anyone committing violence or damaging property to go to jail. In their minds this means I defend and justify violence. They've even gone after me in unrelated threads making the same claims.

Old 12-12-2020, 05:32 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,194,222 times
Quote:
This time though, the violence will be coming from republicans!

There is a very fine line separating 'patriotism and domestic terrorism'.
Your so funny. Republicans hate what happened but we aren’t violent like democrats. We won’t accept Joe but we will sit and wait and vote a new president in 4 years. We will laugh and humiliate Joe with every mistake he makes and he will make many. We will enjoy hunters legal problems ..sorry but you guys picked on trump for 4 years so we will do the same.

But we will leave the violence to blm, antifa, the left. We are civilized ....unlike the left lmao

Old 12-12-2020, 05:36 PM

22,450 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Lots of bots encouraging violence from the safety of their keyboards in foreign countries.
And which county is your home?

Old 12-12-2020, 05:37 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
There's been tons of violence over the past 4 years as democrats have burned, looted and murdered their way towards their desired end goal, whatever that may be. Have you been living under a rock or something???
Don’t forget the congress woman from Michigan calling foe violence on Trump supporters.

Old 12-12-2020, 05:38 PM

22,450 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
That is a flat-out lie.

There has been an immense amount of evidence presented. These cases - the vast majority of which were filed by private individuals and not President Trump - were mostly dismissed for procedural reasons and "lack of standing". The courts have not even looked at the evidence in most of these cases.

But there are more cases at the Supreme Court and others still on the way. This is not over yet. There is still time for the courts to examine the evidence. I expect them to do their jobs and do that. If not, they will be discredited, along with our election system. We should all hope that it does not come to that.
The libs have been told over and over again that is "a flat-out lie". They've even been given links proving what you said. Yet, they keep mindlessly parroting the same old nonsense over and over again. Doing that is not a good look for them, yet they don't realize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies