Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 05:40 PM

35,311 posts, read 17,208,235 times

Advertisements

The vaccine is on the very near horizon. Some people are for irrational reasons refusing to take it. We'll never get to 100% vaccination but I have a proposal; allow those who get vaccinated, upon receiving a second dose (if required by the protocol) to go maskless if the carry proof with them to that effect. Add to that people who test positive for the antibodies, but those people would need to be retested periodically.

Personally I wait for J&J to contact me for a clinical trial. I have volunteered and followed up with phone calls, emails and responses to their Facebook ads. Let those who can document responsibility go maskless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2020, 05:45 PM

11,168 posts, read 8,009,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The vaccine is on the very near horizon. Some people are for irrational reasons refusing to take it. We'll never get to 100% vaccination but I have a proposal; allow those who get vaccinated, upon receiving a second dose (if required by the protocol) to go maskless if the carry proof with them to that effect. Add to that people who test positive for the antibodies, but those people would need to be retested periodically.

Personally I wait for J&J to contact me for a clinical trial. I have volunteered and followed up with phone calls, emails and responses to their Facebook ads. Let those who can document responsibility go maskless.
What’s “rational” about my taking a newly developed drug that’s not had the time to be tested properly for a disease that the odds of my surviving are pretty close to 100%?

Old 12-12-2020, 05:46 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,252,778 times
I like it. Unfortunately, it’s not going to happen. Masks are here to stay for a very, very long time. Businesses don’t want to open themselves up to any potential liability.

Old 12-12-2020, 05:47 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,331,735 times
For those who forget 1976

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bOHYZhL0WQ

Old 12-12-2020, 05:57 PM

35,311 posts, read 17,208,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
I like it. Unfortunately, it’s not going to happen. Masks are here to stay for a very, very long time. Businesses don’t want to open themselves up to any potential liability.
The next stimulus bill will have an attachment that protects any business that complies with government regulations to be shielded from liability. I see your point though.

Old 12-12-2020, 06:05 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,296,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

This should happen. I can see them issuing a vaccination card that allows mask free access.

I’m sure this thread will soon be inundated with the anti-vaxxers and their wacky theories and/or the outlier case where someone had a bad reaction to a vaccination.

Old 12-12-2020, 06:24 PM

45,294 posts, read 26,553,744 times
If it happens I'll be looking for a counterfeit compliance card

Old 12-12-2020, 06:25 PM

6,485 posts, read 4,025,962 times
And are they going to ask everyone? Nobody is going to bother to enforce it, hence, everyone will go maskless under the assumption that they won't be asked anyway-- and they probably won't.

Old 12-12-2020, 06:38 PM

18,584 posts, read 8,383,693 times
oh please....who would ever know....all the tests return false negatives...and false positives

....which makes all the tests total junk and garbage......worthless

How can you make some vaccination for something...and even tell if it works or how well it works.....when you can't even accurately test for the something

https://www.icd10monitor.com/false-p...s-for-covid-19

...this is all one big crock of bullcrap

Old 12-12-2020, 06:59 PM

7,488 posts, read 3,621,510 times
No no no, we have to all wear masks vaccine or not. It makes people safe and feel safe. We can never go back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies