Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 07:03 PM

35,105 posts, read 17,051,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
No no no, we have to all wear masks vaccine or not. It makes people safe and feel safe. We can never go back.
Do I detect a note of sarcasm? I do wear them to make people feel safe, since they protect others than the wearer. But hopefully when vaccination becomes general people will lose their fear, the way no one is scared of poliomyelitis now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2020, 07:47 PM

2,128 posts, read 1,798,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The vaccine is on the very near horizon. Some people are for irrational reasons refusing to take it. We'll never get to 100% vaccination but I have a proposal; allow those who get vaccinated, upon receiving a second dose (if required by the protocol) to go maskless if the carry proof with them to that effect. Add to that people who test positive for the antibodies, but those people would need to be retested periodically.

Personally I wait for J&J to contact me for a clinical trial. I have volunteered and followed up with phone calls, emails and responses to their Facebook ads. Let those who can document responsibility go maskless.
Not going to happen yet mainly there isn't proof that the vaccine will prevent you from spreading the disease. What they have shown is that the vaccine prevents you from getting sick from COVID or if you do get sick you won't develop severe COVI. But there is potential that you could still carry and spread the virus, that is something that still needs to be studied.

Also there is no guarantee that having antibodies means that you can't get reinfected or more importantly they can't say how long immunity (natural or from the vaccine) will last. After all, how can you say that you will be immune over a year after being infected when the virus is barely a year old.

I don't think that we will be in masks forever but I would mentally prepare for having to wear one for most of 2021 unless a cure is discovered.

Old 12-12-2020, 07:53 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Allow the vaccinated to skip wearing face masks ...

That's a baby argument.

Let's put on our big boy pants and be responsible adults at least for a little while.

When we get this thing under some semblance of control the selfish and immature among us can go back to behaving like idiots.

Old 12-12-2020, 10:00 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,526,926 times
I had covid and have had antibody testing done, and mine are high. I think masks should be optional.
The vaccine does the same thing as having had covid and developed antibodies. Rather than vaccinate unnecessarily, or wear masks if they have antibodies, how about we worry about ourselves and let people make their own decisions. My body my choice.

Old 12-12-2020, 10:02 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times
Quote:
The vaccine is on the very near horizon. Some people are for irrational reasons refusing to take it. We'll never get to 100% vaccination but I have a proposal; allow those who get vaccinated, upon receiving a second dose (if required by the protocol) to go maskless if the carry proof with them to that effect. Add to that people who test positive for the antibodies, but those people would need to be retested periodically.

Personally I wait for J&J to contact me for a clinical trial. I have volunteered and followed up with phone calls, emails and responses to their Facebook ads. Let those who can document responsibility go maskless.
Papers please

Old 12-12-2020, 10:03 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times
I gotta better solution.... once you get your vax, quit worrying about everyone else but yourself.

Old 12-12-2020, 10:04 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,290,401 times
Add the antibody to the mix. Question is how would anybody know?

Old 12-12-2020, 10:18 PM

43,153 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Quote:

No one knows how long the vaccine immunity will last.

Sorry....keep that mask on.

Old 12-12-2020, 10:23 PM

41,979 posts, read 75,252,667 times
Should they wear a badge or something? Who's to know who's had the vaccine and who hasn't?

Old 12-12-2020, 10:23 PM

25,798 posts, read 18,848,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
I like it. Unfortunately, it’s not going to happen. Masks are here to stay for a very, very long time. Businesses don’t want to open themselves up to any potential liability.
Yet the mask manufacturers put a disclaimer right on the bag the mask comes in. Goes to show how gullible people are. The masks do not a damn thing besides promote bad habits that actually CAUSE the virus to spread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies