Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2020, 11:26 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,813,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
No, Tucker Carlson and all Fox News talking heads have taken a big hit since they distanced themselves from the Trump trainwreck.
This has been happening for a while now. It's just more obvious now. Fox, being conservative leaning, has been pulling away from Trump and his supporters once they saw how liberal and big-government he was. That doesn't align with Fox's traditional center-conservative views.

Old 12-14-2020, 11:31 PM

8,156 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoPhysicsPhD View Post
Fortunately, your book is completely meritless and of no value outside of your personal opinion.

What was your dissertation on?
Well, that's your opinion.

P.S. I'm not going to be more specific, but it was in Physics if you must know.

Old 12-14-2020, 11:46 PM

17,416 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Jill doesn't have a MD or a PhD. She has a EdD.

Just for the heck of it, I looked up the requirements at the University of Delaware.

Quote:
In addition, the Ph.D. program is a 4-5 year program designed for students to attend on a full-time basis, most often with support from an assistantship or fellowship. In contrast, the Ed.D. program is a 3-4 year program designed to be completed on a part-time basis with students maintaining their current employment.
Ed.D. in Educational Leadership - School of Education

Not as hard or nearly as time consuming as a PhD. And comparing it to a MD would be laughable, to say the least.

Again, Jill can call herself whatever she likes. And I can roll my eyes when she's referred to as "Doctor" because it's ridiculous.

Old 12-14-2020, 11:51 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,396,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Those aren't polls. Those are actual ratings numbers from last week. Look it up yourself and show something to the contrary other than your worthless biased opinion.

I doubt you would do that, though. You're better at putting out lies and misinformation than actual facts. Put your money where your mouth is.
The Nielsen ratings are calculated based on a sample of households that is demographically representative of the population as a whole. So there clearly is a parallel to polling in terms of methodology and the use of statistics, etc.

Old 12-14-2020, 11:57 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,356,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Jill doesn't have a MD or a PhD. She has a EdD.

Just for the heck of it, I looked up the requirements at the University of Delaware.

Ed.D. in Educational Leadership - School of Education

Not as hard or nearly as time consuming as a PhD. And comparing it to a MD would be laughable, to say the least.

Again, Jill can call herself whatever she likes. And I can roll my eyes when she's referred to as "Doctor" because it's ridiculous.
She has a doctorate degree and that's all that "Dr" means. Thinking it means anything more than that is ridiculous. She's no more or less a doctor than a physician.

Old 12-15-2020, 12:00 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
The Nielsen ratings are calculated based on a sample of households that is demographically representative of the population as a whole. So there clearly is a parallel to polling in terms of methodology and the use of statistics, etc.
Yep, Nielsen indeed is a poll of some viewers, a statistical sample extrapolated to estimate a total audience number. It is not an actual count of all viewers.

Old 12-15-2020, 01:07 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
He only has a BA yet he's an authority. Perhaps he's jealous because Dr Biden has a BA plus a masters and a doctorate. No one should downplay or dismiss someone's education. Do you know what it takes to get these degrees.
Yep, it took her 3 years part time work to get her Ed.D which she gained for the purpose of using the title Dr.

I stopped after a Masters degree, but I may have gone the Dr route if that's all it took rather than another 4 years full time.

Old 12-15-2020, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Yes, Jill Biden being called Dr is the focus. Go figure.
But it isn't the focus. It was one funny opinion piece, but the Dems piled on to try turn it into a case of misogyny. They want to make it the focus and have gained the support of the mainstream media in their efforts. BAU.

Old 12-15-2020, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoPhysicsPhD View Post
She has a doctorate degree and that's all that "Dr" means. Thinking it means anything more than that is ridiculous. She's no more or less a doctor than a physician.
It means a lot more to Jill, that's why she demands it be used and her twitter handle is @DrBiden.

Old 12-15-2020, 01:15 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I don’t agree with making the First Lady into any kind of a political target unless she clearly puts the target on willingly like Hillary did.
or mooshell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies