Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 08:24 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,096,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
you better run that by Mitch.
I heard the turtle has turned into a rino. LOL

Old 12-16-2020, 01:27 PM

13,646 posts, read 9,706,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Most republicans don't think Trump is a failed leader. Most think he did a great job. Same for Bush in 2004. Difference being the independents and Democrats are more strongly against Trump than they were Bush so that is why he lost. Democrats really hate Trump, most did not like Bush. Two different things. I think that is the difference between the two elections.
Back in 2004, we had the "swift boating" against John Kerry. Bush himself managed to float above the fray. The Iraq war wasn't yet an unmitigated disaster, and the US economy was starting to recover from the dot-com bust and subsequent recession. Bush was viewed as a not particularly bright individual who stumbled into the highest office in the land. Though religiously doctrinaire, he wasn't abrasive about it, and his policies were relatively centrist. His most aggressive hypothetical venture was an attempt to privatize Social Security... an escapade that flopped, while still in the theoretical stage.

Back in 2004, Democrats were incensed at the swift-boating of Kerry, but didn't regard reelection of Bush as a tragedy or a national embarrassment. It was a setback from which society could and in due time would recover. Reelection of Trump in 2020, on the other hand, was indeed viewed as such a setback.

Old 12-16-2020, 01:36 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,726,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I know this will be shocking to most people, and many will protest that it can not be true ... but I have held the opinion for a long time that most Trump supporters are confused Democrats.

They have mostly the same basic concerns as Democrats. We see that here all the time. Get passed the noise and the bluster, and that's what becomes apparent.
I have to agree many of Trump's policies were on the far left side of the DNC..i.e. tariffs / trade wars (this is a Big Labor issue).

Unfortunately many people are having problems with the US becoming a Minority/Majority country....mainly Boomers and older....younger people dont seem to have an issue with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies