Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 02:58 PM

1,768 posts, read 568,078 times

Advertisements

I am absolutely nervous that someone is going to be killed by an angry Trump supporter who thinks he is "defending America".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2020, 03:04 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I noticed something interesting within the past few days.

Democrats are increasingly nervous. You can even tell on here. People are a little more vicious in attacking Trump supporters while acting like Biden's already president. When he's not.

That's not the confidence of a winning side. More and more democrats are sounding delusional (like the media where they receive their marching orders).

I just want to give credibility to your fears. January 20th is constitutionally the only date that actually matters. You can wish Biden to be president all you want, but here's a fact:

The 1876 election was not resolved until TWO DAYS before inauguration day. And yes, the results flipped.

And remember, Trump had plans for this a long time ago when he said on June 22:

Trump will be inaugurated on Jan 20th.
Lmao

Old 12-14-2020, 03:05 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
All that's left is CA, OR and HI. Which ones do you think trump will take?
Now just CA and HI.

Old 12-14-2020, 03:10 PM

2,123 posts, read 1,795,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i hope they kept the receipt for that kraken because..... it didn't work the way they were expecting.
Well if they actually watched the end of the Clash of the Titans it's turning out just like the end of the movie. Kinda like the way the Death Star analogy worked out for Parscale.

Old 12-14-2020, 03:10 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It is going to be utterly fascinating to see what the many Trumpies still in denial are going to do when Biden is sworn in on January 20th, 2021.

Historians and psychologists are going to be studying the phenomenon of Trumpism for centuries.
That, Hillaryism and the love affair of the left and BLM terrorists.

I will say that I have a family member that I’m getting concerned about. He’s pretty obsessed with the election and is insistent that Trump will be president going forward. It’s all he talks about. I told him I thought he was getting obsessed and the poop hit the fan.

I voted for Trump, but he lost and it’s time to accept that.

Old 12-14-2020, 03:12 PM

12,873 posts, read 22,035,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I noticed something interesting within the past few days.

Democrats are increasingly nervous. You can even tell on here. People are a little more vicious in attacking Trump supporters while acting like Biden's already president. When he's not.
We're not nervous, not even a little. This is and has been over for some time. What we have been doing is getting a lot of good laughs out of the meltdown that many on the right have been having. I actually feel a little sad for the people who latch on to each new lawsuit with the hope that it's going to turn the tide only to be let down when the courts toss them out again and again. But nervous? Not even close.

Quote:
That's not the confidence of a winning side. More and more democrats are sounding delusional (like the media where they receive their marching orders).
I think some of you conservatives are living in your own little alternate reality. It's over and it has been for some time. This forum has been a constant source of entertainment because of people like you who adorably cling on to the belief that Trump actually won.

Quote:
I just want to give credibility to your fears. January 20th is constitutionally the only date that actually matters. You can wish Biden to be president all you want, but here's a fact:

Trump will be inaugurated on Jan 20th.
I realize this is what the far-right media is telling you, but it's not accurate. What makes you believe that Trump will somehow change the outcome? Is it the wave of court cases that have been decisively tossed over the past month or so? Or is it that your lord and savior (isn't there something in the Bible about false idols, anyway?) keeps stomping and throwing a temper tantrum? Regardless, the Electoral College will finalize the vote for Biden today. Pence will announce it early next month, and Biden will be inaugurated on 1/20. It's not going to happen any other way no matter how hard you wish upon a star. And on 1/20, I'll happily be re-reading some of these posts to see how poorly they've aged. I can't wait to see what the next "Big One' Trump and pals have in store for us.

Old 12-14-2020, 03:22 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Pathetic attempt to overcome your cognitive dissonance? Or maybe just a slow learner. Trump is the scandal of our time. A national embarrassment as are the worshipful followers.
Will there be 73 million of them staggering around with blank, zombie stares? If Trump held one last, massive rally, passed out the Flavor-aid and told them to drink it, how many would comply?

Old 12-14-2020, 03:23 PM

8,499 posts, read 4,563,867 times
Some people just can't handle reality.

Old 12-14-2020, 03:26 PM

648 posts, read 431,960 times
Corruption and incompetence are only appreciated by the public when it is a Democrat in office. Some things never change. Using those metrics, Biden/Harris should do just fine.

Old 12-14-2020, 03:28 PM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post

At this point I would tell dems, not to get your hopes up on a Biden inauguration on january 20th.
There are many bridges to cross between now and then, and anything could happen.
As any phycologist would say, hope for the best, but expect the worst.
That way one isn't to disappointed if the worst comes to be.
A real psychologist would urge you to embrace reality.
You can hope that Trump sends you a pony for Christmas but the reality is that Trump wants his own pony and anybody else's pony that he can steal and he isn't going to share. You are not getting a pony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies