Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 12:41 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

East St. Louis has been a powder keg from day one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXGdk7ZfFM0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2020, 01:42 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,181,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Wow, the homicide numbers in 2020 throughout America are something else.

Such an amazing first-rate country. The rest of the devoloped world must be laughing at this dump or confused about what America's moral collapse.

317 homicides so far this in Baltimore with less than 600,000 people.
302 homicides in Memphis population: 650,000
265 homicides in Poland ('18 numbers) population: 37 million
290 homicides in Spain ('18 numbers) population: 46 million

36 homicides in East. St Louis population: 26,000
25 homicides in Norway ('18) population: 5 million

471 homicides in Philadelphia (population: 1.5 million)
345 homicides in italy in '18 (population: 60 million)

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statis..._offences).png

https://homicides.news.baltimoresun.com/?range=2020
There were only four homicides in the Oslo region (over 900k people) in 2019. That is 0.44 per 100,000 people.

Old 12-17-2020, 02:02 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Wow, the homicide numbers in 2020 throughout America are something else.

Such an amazing first-rate country. The rest of the devoloped world must be laughing at this dump or confused about what America's moral collapse.

317 homicides so far this in Baltimore with less than 600,000 people.
302 homicides in Memphis population: 650,000
265 homicides in Poland ('18 numbers) population: 37 million
290 homicides in Spain ('18 numbers) population: 46 million

36 homicides in East. St Louis population: 26,000
25 homicides in Norway ('18) population: 5 million

471 homicides in Philadelphia (population: 1.5 million)
345 homicides in italy in '18 (population: 60 million)

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statis..._offences).png

https://homicides.news.baltimoresun.com/?range=2020
Ya, those places are not populated by the violent black race.
Here in the USA, Black Americans are responsible for 53% of ALL murders, 69% of ALL violent crime, & 72% of ALL burglary, robbery, theft.

But it is Racist to point that out.

Old 12-17-2020, 02:06 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ya, those places are not populated by the violent black race.
Here in the USA, Black Americans are responsible for 53% of ALL murders, 69% of ALL violent crime, & 72% of ALL burglary, robbery, theft.

But it is Racist to point that out.

Those are some crazy numbers coming from a group comprising only 13% of the total US population. Maybe crossing the street is not such a bad idea.

Old 12-17-2020, 06:16 PM

828 posts, read 415,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Yes, but this is very rare for the media to report it. Even on this form. I am surprised the mods have not banned you or others for bringing it up.

Happened to me when I mentioned just some of the same facts. It was considered racist. So a temporary ban.

Old 12-17-2020, 07:13 PM

18,426 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
It's a culture of crime in these low income areas. These people breed at above average rates and their kids learn the tricks of the trade just by being raised in these environments... whether it's "the hood" or "a trailer park" and when you just give them welfare and food stamps and free stuff without teaching them how to fish, you maintain the status quo and nothing changes.

Real funding to programs that educate them, help them get away from a life of crime, and get out of their lower class conditions, get OFF the drugs, would be needed here, but mostly we just give them handouts and welfare but don't do any of these things... we live in a society where the government wants to... reward irresponsible behavior with handouts! Keep giving people fish when they can't catch anything themselves, and they become more lazy and entitled over time, and often turn to a life of crime in the process. Society eventually collapses because you can't run a society like this.

Even if we gave them the tools to escape their situation, many of them do not want too... they have no work ethic and can't hold a job without consistently calling in sick. My solution would be to end the welfare dole and only give them money for bettering themselves... holding jobs without calling in sick every other day or showing up late, and learning life skills they can use to grow themselves and society. I believe they call this "welfare to work." ... and no more signature bond for crimes... we are too soft on crime and many of these homicides are committed by people with a long history by a system that lets them out too early without rehabilitation, which in my opinion would be something like military boot camp or something where you can reprogram their unhealthy habits into healthy habits.

All of us are run by habits and they can be changed with time and repetition... oh but meh feewings! I don't "feel" like doing this and that... I want to be me, I want to be lazy.. I want to deal drugs because it's easier and pays better! Too bad. We are too soft on people and as someone interested in psychology you can adapt someone with new habits in 60 days and they will thank you for it after day 60 even though they are moaning on day one. Solving this problem is a matter of getting new habits and behaviors in these people and the hardest part is the first month... rather than enabling bad habits which is what we increasingly do today.

I don't know if the revolving door prison system does enough to rehabilitate non violent criminals I will be honest.
they don't want to solve the problem....they want the rest of us to accept it as their culture

Old 12-17-2020, 07:24 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve19605 View Post
Yes, but this is very rare for the media to report it. Even on this form. I am surprised the mods have not banned you or others for bringing it up.

Happened to me when I mentioned just some of the same facts. It was considered racist. So a temporary ban.
I've brought up Black on Black crime before. I made a thread about it. https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...-violence.html

And Black on Black crime gets mentioned more than you think. WDEF12 in Chattanooga did a part one and two about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2vS-G9UoyM&t=4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCwjRqlW6OE&t=4s

Old 12-17-2020, 07:31 PM

227 posts, read 97,886 times
Another "black people bad! White people good! Topic.

Give me a break.

Old 12-18-2020, 01:20 AM

16,068 posts, read 10,726,642 times
OP should make a trip to East St. Louis and investigate if he is so concerned. Then he can report back to the forum and let us know his findings. He should have done that the last time he brought it up and we would now be informed by his research. Better yet, go to Norway.

These are crocodile tears. A diversionary thread.
We have 300,000 dead from a virus due to negligence and failure to accept and acknowledge the threat.

Old 12-18-2020, 01:52 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,027,735 times
but they dindu nuttin. it's all systemic racism causing the behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies