Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2020, 09:16 AM

3,558 posts, read 1,668,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Comrade Yang's UBI idea???

I think it is all dependent on how the UBI is funded.

- If it's funded by voluntary donations, go right ahead.

- If it's funded by robbing people at gunpoint, UBI just furthers the slave class. Now people are forced to generate more money for those who sit on their behind.

Again, wonderful wonderful idea if you love slavery.

If living on minimum wage is so wonderful that you want to lower it, why not just earn less and live this wonderful life you claim the poor have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2020, 09:18 AM

15,949 posts, read 12,339,529 times
Quote:
What a load of wisdom!!!

So robbing people at gunpoint and handing that money to others while keeping a share for yourself is to increase the money velocity????

Your post has zero sense of science, reality, and morality. None whatsoever!

The minimum wage law simply means forcing people at gunpoint to pay above the fair market rate for labor! What a wonderful idea!!! Democrats have always been slave owners, and nothing has changed.

Forgiving student debt is robbing people blind.
A liquidity trap is a situation where they can throw infinite money and the problem and it doesn't help increase the velocity. Monetary velocity is so low because we are such irresponsible spenders and the debt levels are so high the only way to increase the velocity at this point is to have 300-500 percent inflation, and I believe it's coming.

I don't believe they will allow a Japan style stagnation or deflation (like they should) .. they will inflate until the currency is destroyed. In fact everyone I know is spending... they are all taking out $50,000 401k loans to buy new crap just because the government let them... I wonder what will happen if we ever have to repay the debts incurred from the current stimulus.. I don't think we will.. they will just monetize the debt.

I wish I had all the answers on this issue... the inflation vs deflation arguments and which is better. I just see people corrupt and drunk on stimulus behaving irresponsibly so it makes me more conservative and wants them to allow the deflation. People need consequences for reckless behavior.

Old 12-17-2020, 09:34 AM

29,711 posts, read 14,801,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Fairly obvious conclusion given the stagnant wages(despite rising productivity), wealth concentration, and monopolization trends/shrinking GDP share of small businesses.

Fifty Years of Tax Cuts for Rich Didn’t Trickle Down, Study Says
If we are talking wealthy individuals and their tax cuts. Well, who cares ? I'm pretty sure my neighbor is wealthy. He owns a land / condo development company. His house is 6k sq ft, he has a Ferrari, Mclaren, Porsche , BMW , Mercedes, Escalade and a Jeep. A helicopter (not sure if it is his) has landed in his yard a couple of times. I'm not wealthy and I don't care that he gets tax cuts, or that it didn't trickle down to me. I'm fairly certain even with his cuts, he pays more of a percentage of his wealth than I do.

If we are talking Corporations. I'm all on board tax cuts for them if they invest their money into this country. Not plants, workers, etc in low cost countries. When they are investing money into this country, I do believe the "trickle down" works.

Old 12-17-2020, 09:37 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,452,440 times
Quote:
Let's talk about the evil minimum wage law a little more.

The whole idea that you think you can control the price of goods and services is admirable but foolish nonetheless. Anybody who supports the minimum wage law is a despicable person and is a science denier.

Price is like gravity. The only way to control gravity is to destroy the entire earth. The way to control the price is to destroy the human race. There is no other way we can control the price. None whatsoever.

This country does not need a "face lift." This country needs fewer evil people like you who only want to crap on other people and force your evil ideology down their throat.
Minimum wage is NOT a new concept. ...it was around for years before I made my $2.85/hr detasseling corn. The U.S. economy didn't collapse when first implemented and won't collapse now.

Old 12-17-2020, 10:18 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,774,618 times
Trickle down economics has been around for a long time. The results speak for themselves.

As far as min wage is concerned it seems that some here on this forum want us to become a third world nation wage wise so we can compete with china and vietnam. Good luck with that. Good luck telling an American to work for 5 bucks an hour . If corporations could do that they would do it tomorrow.

Old 12-17-2020, 10:32 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,378,776 times
Quote:
What a load of wisdom!!!

So robbing people at gunpoint and handing that money to others while keeping a share for yourself is to increase the money velocity????

Your post has zero sense of science, reality, and morality. None whatsoever!

The minimum wage law simply means forcing people at gunpoint to pay above the fair market rate for labor! What a wonderful idea!!! Democrats have always been slave owners, and nothing has changed.

Forgiving student debt is robbing people blind.
My second post made clear I was not in favor of all these ideas I was just putting them out there. I think it is the direction the country is moving. With the face of democracy changing with mail in ballots and drop boxes and other it favors the {D} party. Making voting easier where you can fill out your ballot while eating your Lucky Charms for breakfast is much more attractive then waiting in a long line with strangers.

Old 12-17-2020, 10:43 AM

15,358 posts, read 12,683,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
If we are talking wealthy individuals and their tax cuts. Well, who cares ? I'm pretty sure my neighbor is wealthy. He owns a land / condo development company. His house is 6k sq ft, he has a Ferrari, Mclaren, Porsche , BMW , Mercedes, Escalade and a Jeep. A helicopter (not sure if it is his) has landed in his yard a couple of times. I'm not wealthy and I don't care that he gets tax cuts, or that it didn't trickle down to me. I'm fairly certain even with his cuts, he pays more of a percentage of his wealth than I do.

If we are talking Corporations. I'm all on board tax cuts for them if they invest their money into this country. Not plants, workers, etc in low cost countries. When they are investing money into this country, I do believe the "trickle down" works.
whats his thread count?

Old 12-17-2020, 11:16 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,614,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
I'm a nationalist when it comes to American businesses. We should do everything we can to keep our businesses here in the states. Outsourcing might have boosted the stock market & the incomes of CEO's but it put millions out of work and forced millions into lower paying jobs.
Again, what a load of crap!

There are plenty of ways to keep the businesses here and we don’t have to resort to violence or slavery.

1. Remove the immoral minimum wage law.
2. Remove all corporate taxes and individual income taxes.
3. Remove property taxes
4. Remove the vast majority of the regulations
5. Privatize as much as we can including all the waterways and land.
6. Remove all tariffs or import taxes

If we do these, we would have all the businesses of the world.

Old 12-17-2020, 11:19 AM

29,711 posts, read 14,801,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
whats his thread count?
Probably pretty high, you jealous ?

Old 12-17-2020, 11:22 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,774,618 times
Quote:
Again, what a load of crap!

There are plenty of ways to keep the businesses here and we don’t have to resort to violence or slavery.

1. Remove the immoral minimum wage law.
2. Remove all corporate taxes and individual income taxes.
3. Remove property taxes
4. Remove the vast majority of the regulations
5. Privatize as much as we can including all the waterways and land.
6. Remove all tariffs or import taxes

If we do these, we would have all the businesses of the world.
I disagree. That's never happened in the history of anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies