Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2020, 07:56 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,304,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
How much money do they need?
When you talk about "need" you are talking Marxist nonsense that has never worked anyplace and killed millions of people. YouTube has lots of Milton Friedman videos you should be watching.

Quote:
How many yachts? How many steaks can you eat in one day?
You have zero understanding of how rich people spend their money. A bunch of Democrats thought let's just tax yachts a lot, that'll show the rich. Well the rich stopped buying yachts in the U.S. and it killed the U.S. boat business, putting thousands of Americans out of good paying jobs. By the time they repealed the tax it was too late, the U.S. yacht building business was mostly gone.

Quote:
Eat the rich. they have been eating us for 40 years. Are you saying they haven't?
???? This of course makes no sense. How much money my neighbor makes has zero impact on my income. What he pays in taxes has zero impact on me. If my neighbor is"rich" (whatever that means) and gets to keep more of HIS MONEY that HE EARNED, good for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2020, 08:23 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Rich people spend money, they also fund scholarships and give generously to charity.

Stop being envious of people who have what you don’t.

Old 12-19-2020, 08:25 PM

13,512 posts, read 17,044,420 times
And the fleet of middle class white wannabe robber barons makes their presence felt. With the same tired and childish rhetoric about how taxes are "stealing"

Old 12-19-2020, 08:51 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
And the fleet of middle class white wannabe robber barons makes their presence felt. With the same tired and childish rhetoric about how taxes are "stealing"
Taxation is not stealing. It’s armed robbery.

Old 12-19-2020, 09:00 PM

24,651 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Quote:
How much money do they need? How many yachts? How many steaks can you eat in one day? Yes. Eat the rich. they have been eating us for 40 years. Are you saying they haven't?
That’s up to capitalism to decide.

How much money do you need? You don’t need a car, you can ride a bike to work. You don’t need a house, a tent or trailer park works just fine.

You don’t get to decide what level of comfort or quality of life someone can have.

Old 12-20-2020, 06:57 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
Any policy, law or procedure that puts and keeps wealth in the hands of the few at the expense and detriment of the majority is unethical. There is more then enough to go around for everyone but that will not happen if those in power continue to make laws and loopholes to benefit themselves, their friends and those in their tribe / circle at the expense of the majority.
I agree. And that's what is so scary about Biden/Harris. They will increase their wealth and the wealth of their buddies just like Pelosi has done for decades.

Trump has worked for four years to reduce oppressive government regulations that benefit the wealthy establishment.

Old 12-20-2020, 07:00 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
How much money do they need? How many yachts? How many steaks can you eat in one day? Yes. Eat the rich. they have been eating us for 40 years. Are you saying they haven't?
What does "need" have to do with anything. Are you suggesting that people should only have what they need?

And who gets to decide what "need" is?

Do you really want your government to tell you what you need?

Old 12-20-2020, 07:24 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,263,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Okay, I'll admit it...I'm an evil rich guy. I hope I don't get banned by C-D for admitting it. I'm not top 1% rich though, so some of you might still not block me out.

I hope you all realize the difference between top 2% and top 1% is massive.

So, I'm only a top 2%'er, so not sure I qualify to respond to this topic, but here goes anyways...
2% and 1% is still nowhere near the difference between 1% and .1%.

You can get to the top 1% through 2 professional incomes. You can’t get to the .1% without either inheritance, investments or a superstar salary (sports, music, film).

Someone in the top 1% to 2% pays a ton of income tax, certainly proportionally more than the bottom 95%.

Someone in the top .1% often will pay proportionally less due to tax strategies.

Old 12-20-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
What does "need" have to do with anything. Are you suggesting that people should only have what they need?

And who gets to decide what "need" is?

Do you really want your government to tell you what you need?
When someone has no drive, no career and lives in their parent’s basement it’s easy for them to critique people buying what they feel is excessive. Which in those cases is anything more than what they have.

Old 12-20-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Why should government be entitled to 83% of someone's income?

If you want fairness, go a 17% flat tax on income with zero deductions.
Raise the Federal minimum wage to $20 an hour and then implement a 20% flat tax from the first dollar. No deductions, no more EITC. You can’t get back more in a refund than what you pay in.

Everyone - and that means everyone - needs to pay their fair share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies