Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2020, 08:53 AM

7,111 posts, read 2,802,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Dude, trickle down means your money in my pocket without I having to do any work.
That's called welfare and/or charity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2020, 08:54 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,629,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Forgot to mention Yangs UBI idea which would gas consumer spending and money velocity. I am not saying I support all these ideas I am just putting them out there.
Comrade Yang's UBI idea???

I think it is all dependent on how the UBI is funded.

- If it's funded by voluntary donations, go right ahead.

- If it's funded by robbing people at gunpoint, UBI just furthers the slave class. Now people are forced to generate more money for those who sit on their behind.

Again, wonderful wonderful idea if you love slavery.

Old 12-17-2020, 08:58 AM

13,723 posts, read 9,064,912 times
So today the stock market is up, while today it is revealed that 885,000 people filed for unemployment last week.

Many people voted for President Trump on the theory that he could revive the economy. He is still the President, but he has done nothing but whine about the election.

Old 12-17-2020, 08:59 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,629,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
In around about way this thread is more about money velocity and how does the country get more of it. The idea from the right is their trickle down theory of tax cuts which no doubt increase money velocity which is definitely needed in our consumer economy. As Greywolf pointed out correctly there is a limit on that velocity because the rich will only spend so much and the rest ends up invested in stock market and lies dormant as far as velocity is concerned.

Just like all the stimulus we are seeing is about one thing keeping money moving through the economy no matter earned or unearned. You get a lot of velocity when the gvt is handing out 1200 checks to everyone earning 100,000 or less. It does not matter we are running up debt to hold or increase our consumer spending that is what the leaders will do.

With that said which party has the better ideas on money velocity? lets see the {D}s want a increase in the min wage to 15 bucks an hour incrementally. Increasing immigration is their way of more consumers and workers. The party is for forgiving student debt which would put $300 a month for millions into the economy. Infrastructure and investing in green energy should be our future and our country could use a face lift.

On the right let see, tax cuts that mostly favor the wealthy that only so much of it will trickle down.
Let's talk about the evil minimum wage law a little more.

The whole idea that you think you can control the price of goods and services is admirable but foolish nonetheless. Anybody who supports the minimum wage law is a despicable person and is a science denier.

Price is like gravity. The only way to control gravity is to destroy the entire earth. The way to control the price is to destroy the human race. There is no other way we can control the price. None whatsoever.

This country does not need a "face lift." This country needs fewer evil people like you who only want to crap on other people and force your evil ideology down their throat.

Old 12-17-2020, 09:01 AM

1,301 posts, read 670,190 times
Quote:
Allow??? I clearly recall slavery was abolished. Are we still keeping our people as our pet slaves? Why can't free people do what they want to do?

I'm a nationalist when it comes to American businesses. We should do everything we can to keep our businesses here in the states. Outsourcing might have boosted the stock market & the incomes of CEO's but it put millions out of work and forced millions into lower paying jobs.

Old 12-17-2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
So the only solution is to take from the wealthiest people and redistribute it to the lower earners so the economy is fairer. Sounds to me like that will make everyone poor except for a few elites who are politically connected. Sounds much better.
Its been tried before. It's called the USSR. A few "elites" lived like Kings and everyone else was poor.

Old 12-17-2020, 09:05 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,977,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Irrelevant...standards of living rise...this is about gaging the impact of cutting taxes on the rich and seeing if it helps anyone AT ALL besides their own bottom line.

We've been sold a crock of crap - told that if we vote for politicians who work to give the rich tax cuts that eventually the lower classes will benefit as well. It hasn't happened - so let the rich pay what they owe and see to it that they owe a larger percentage of their (largely discretionary income) in taxes.
The rich take any extra money, tax breaks, windfalls etc and invest it in global stocks. Its great for slave labor countries but does absolutely nothing for this country.

If the working class and unions had any power anymore before the rich killed them off, all the extra money would have would be running through this country, not Indonesia.

The rich are almost done in destroying this country.

Old 12-17-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
In other news: The Left continues to bash trickle down because they are clueless about what it actually means and how it actually works.
The more economic freedom you have, the harder it is for the government to control you. The left hates freedom.

Old 12-17-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Could you please define "wisely" so that all of us can become a millionaire at least?
It's called inventing a time machine so that they can go back and buy Amazon stock at $2/share when it was an online book seller.

Old 12-17-2020, 09:14 AM

3,558 posts, read 1,675,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I have more money than I did in 1985, 1995, 2005, or even 2015!! Trickle down worked everyone!!! Let the golden showers begin!!

Does it buy as much as it did in 1985? LOL! Seems those $40k houses in 1985 now magically sell for $300k. So you better have seven or eight times as much just to break even.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies