Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 04:18 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,238,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Are you mad enough that it's time to find greener pastures in another country since you feel democracy isn't working in your own country?
Oh is this your country? Is this your land? Tell me, how did you acquire it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2020, 04:23 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,161,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I’m not leaving the country, but do plan to move to a more conservative area eventually. I live in a very liberal area, and for years I haven’t been able to go to community events without hearing them complain about Trump morons and racists.
Same.

I've never threatened to leave the US. But I have invited some lefty-libby-complaining-about-capitalism-all-the-time people to give it a try. (They're still here, too.)

Old 12-16-2020, 04:27 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,238,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
Same.

I've never threatened to leave the US. But I have invited some lefty-libby-complaining-about-capitalism-all-the-time people to give it a try. (They're still here, too.)
I'd be happy if everyone left the country. Especially the people I don't like. But I suppose they think the same of me.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:33 PM

16,163 posts, read 10,848,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
The poster "Patriotic Dissent" was talking about moving his family to either Poland or Hungary. I hope he follows through.
Poland is nice this time of year.
I will help some of them pack.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:47 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,435,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Oh is this your country? Is this your land? Tell me, how did you acquire it?
Me? I bought it from this older woman who was retiring. Our forefathers? Mostly by ruthlessly murdering the locals. And I mean....insanely ruthlessly. Studying history will help you realize just how truly horrific people can treat each other.

As for the topic....I haven't seen many right wingers say they were going to leave. If Trump won I was debating it, but didn't say anything beforehand because honestly I hadn't decided yet.

If Trump were to overturn this election I'd focus on selling my property and getting out as soon as I could. Nothing good would occur after that. And maybe some of the folks believing Trumps nonsense feel like that.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:48 PM

1,153 posts, read 635,876 times
Western Europe and Canada are more socially/fiscally liberal than the U.S. Even Australia has basically declared war on the 2nd amendment.

I don't see Conservatives living outside the U.S. even under Biden.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:49 PM

6,233 posts, read 3,442,536 times
I will be a permanent resident in another country and bounce back and forth.

Everyone should have an exit strategy with some money parked in another country if you are able to.

I consider this to be my “prepper “ strategy, since I don’t want to buy rural property and supplies.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:52 PM

25,452 posts, read 9,868,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I’m not leaving the country, but do plan to move to a more conservative area eventually. I live in a very liberal area, and for years I haven’t been able to go to community events without hearing them complain about Trump morons and racists.
You would love my area. I still have people around me who haven't conceded the election yet, lol.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:57 PM

6,782 posts, read 3,398,863 times
The leftists are the only ones that have made empty threats to leave the country. If politics gets you that wound up you have some serious mental health issues.

My first suggestion would be to stop posting on political forums. The second would be to turn off CNN.

Old 12-16-2020, 05:23 PM

20,908 posts, read 9,628,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
The leftists are the only ones that have made empty threats to leave the country.
Wrong. There has been at least one Trumpie on this forum who threatened to leave the country. Do you want me to find his post for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies