Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2020, 07:06 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,939,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
This thread was not about celebrities or other famous people.
But it’s the famous people that likes to claim they will move out of the country if Bush and Trump in 2016 and 2020 wins. They never left.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's not as if you can just up and move to Europe - or Canada - or Australia. They'd have to set their sights a bit lower.
That’s why those who threatened to move when Trump won are still here.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Uh, in case you haven't noticed, there have been mass quantities of outrage, bitter tears and threats from Trumpistas since Biden won.

And I mean mass quantities!
Has there been screaming and crying in the streets, buildings windows being broken, freeways blocked by those protesting the outcome like your side did in the last election?

Old 12-16-2020, 07:15 PM

20,965 posts, read 9,666,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Threats to MOVE OUT OF THE COUNTRY? No, sorry. Pay attention.
The only reason that is, is because there are no good countries for conservatives to threaten to move to!

If there were some developed nations more conservative than the US, you can be sure there'd be plenty of conservatives threatening to move there (and like the liberals, they would almost certainly end up being empty threats). But alas, the only nations more conservative than the US are either semi-developed nations (such as in eastern Europe) or developing nations (such as Egypt or Chile).

What - is a conservative going to threaten to move to France? Canada? Sweden? I hardly think so.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Has there been screaming and crying in the streets, buildings windows being broken, freeways blocked by those protesting the outcome like your side did in the last election?
When both George Bushes and Ronald Reagan won, democrats were not protesting in the street. Trump was a special case.

Having said that, to some extent, the two elections are a good demonstration of what each side does when they don't get their way and lose to an opponent they highly loathe (or in the case of Trump and the GOP this year, when somebody they worship lost). Democrats protest in the street. Trumpistas threaten election workers and go into denial by concocting bizarre and made up conspiracy theories claiming their side really won.

That is, the democrats accept the results but protest about it.

The republicans go into denial and don't even accept the results at all.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:33 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,246,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Our forefathers? Mostly by ruthlessly murdering the locals. And I mean....insanely ruthlessly.
So who owns it? You? The government? The people it was taken from? No one?

Quote:
I haven't seen many right wingers say they were going to leave.
Secession is the only way they're leaving.

Quote:
If Trump were to overturn this election I'd focus on selling my property and getting out as soon as I could. Nothing good would occur after that. And maybe some of the folks believing Trumps nonsense feel like that.
Trump isn't going to do anything. The left tries to make him into a dictator, but he is actually feckless and pathetic. All he does is whine about how the media is mean to him.

The danger isn't actually Trump, it is that Americans hate each other. Many not only think a Civil War will happen, but want it to happen.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
When both George Bushes and Ronald Reagan won, democrats were not protesting in the street. Trump was a special case.

Having said that, to some extent, the two elections are a good demonstration of what each side does when they don't get their way and lose to an opponent they highly loathe (or in the case of Trump and the GOP this year, when somebody they worship lost). Democrats protest in the street. Trumpistas threaten election workers and go into denial by concocting bizarre and made up conspiracy theories claiming their side really won.

That is, the democrats accept the results but protest about it.

The republicans go into denial and don't even accept the results at all.
A different generation, there were some protests when bush won and there were some to had to have therapy after bush won the second time. There was plenty of denial when Trump won, and it wasn’t a special situation either.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:53 PM

During the 2000 election recount some of those protesting were republicans.

I actually knew somebody (on another forum) who threatened to move to Canada if Bush won before the 2004 election. Of course he never did.

But as I said, the main reason conservatives don't threaten to move somewhere else is, there's nowhere else for them to move to.

Old 12-16-2020, 08:19 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,246,811 times
Quote:
But as I said, the main reason conservatives don't threaten to move somewhere else is, there's nowhere else for them to move to.
No one ever moves. I don't even know why people threaten to move when no one cares anyway. In fact, Republicans would be happy if liberals left. So who is the threat aimed at? The only people who would be upset if a liberal left is another liberal.

Besides, why would you move when you can just secede? Isn't that what Thomas Jefferson did?

Last edited by Redshadowz; 12-16-2020 at 08:29 PM..

Old 12-16-2020, 08:21 PM

I agree nobody moves. It's always just an empty threat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies