Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2021, 07:52 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,343,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
"Anti-science" LOL... Sounds like something Fauci would say. I will say that a lot of what we are seeing is not science and if it is, then I guess I am anti-science. It is nothing like the science I remember growing up with and admiring.

From your Rolling stone article:
The poster whom you replied to provided URLs about "anti-vaxxers" but opposition to this experimental treatment has come from members of the general public AND from scientists who work with vaccines, and who are NOT "anti-vaccine."

These people do not oppose existing vaccines which have NOWHERE NEAR the death/destructive record of this experimental treatment.

Conflating "traditional" opponents of existing vaccines and those who oppose the experimental treatment is dishonest.

Old 08-01-2021, 07:53 AM

18,901 posts, read 8,544,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Yes......that is something as far as I know that is unknown.

Not sure when or if we will know.

Seems like a really difficult thing to study.
In my own county looking at the dates and numbers, a few more weeks and hope to know more about hospitalizations and especially death numbers. Mine would be an example of a rural area surge. Less dense population, less educated, conservative, less vaccinated. Our surge began about 1 month ago, and now we're finding the Delta. Ours is not a large surge, more like last summer post-Memorial Day.

Old 08-01-2021, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
All the variants of concern were first sampled in 2020; including Delta. So of course they originated in an unvaccinated population.

https://www.who.int/en/activities/tr...oV-2-variants/

Doesn't it sort of seem strange that if you cross-reference "first sampled dates" against worldometer cases for the countries they came from; that they were all found during the lowest rates those countries have had since this started?

It's so strategic. Really; the US should have been driving the mutations but I guess we were doing good enough at succumbing on our own & didn't need any more help. The virus isn't natural & neither is the way the variants are being "discovered". I used to lean "lab origin/accidental release" but now it's looking intentional. Origins mattered. Not because this "could happen again" but because it might still be happening.
No man can create this virus. Man can take natural viral templates and edit them, but not create this sort of virus from scratch. The mutations seen seen so far have been expected but random natural events. Many more mutations are happening than we could ever detect without taking more samples and then examining the whole spike code. But it makes no clinical sense to look for mutations that don't expose themselves through increased virulence in populations. Mutations are bound to continue especially as the active viral pool remains so large. And the basic reason why we need everyone vaccinated ASAP.

Old 08-01-2021, 08:02 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,343,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Ok, but so what? Outside events happen sometimes and you can't 100% certain avoid them all, unless you stop driving. Risk is part of life, but it should be minimized.
"So what?"

First of all, seat belts are a terrible comparison to this experimental vaccine.

Second of all, OUTSIDE EVENTS ARE NOT PART OF THE EQUATION WITH THIS EXPERIMENTAL VACCINE. I and other posters have repeatedly posted a slide from a nearly 9-hour-long presentation by the FDA from late October 2020 with a list of possible side effects.

NO OUTSIDE EVENT IS NEEDED with this experimental treatments; many have lost the ability to walk, and others have had cardiac or respiratory strokes and some died.

"So what?"

Say that to the families of those who are now permanently injured because they "followed the science."

Old 08-01-2021, 08:04 AM

8,429 posts, read 4,604,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Of course people have died after being vaccinated, but not from the vaccine. They started vaccinating the oldest and frailest among us on DEC 14 2020. Many who already had one foot in the grave.

Funny how you will use the exact same argument, except in reverse, when discussing deaths FROM covid vs deaths WITH covid.

Old 08-01-2021, 08:06 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,519,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
https://abc7news.com/coronavirus-out...ucsf/10920805/

This really highlights how ridiculous it has been for some hospitals to fire workers who refuse the vaccine.
Can't rep again. Thanks for posting this. Just WOW...

Old 08-01-2021, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post

Alex Berenson is a former science reporter for The New York Times. His account has been suspended because he cited results from a Pfizer clinical trial and questioned the wisdom of a vaccine mandate.

The Biden/Harris "administration" has now publicly attacked The Washington Post and The New York Times for engaging in irresponsible coverage of Covid-19. Yet Twitter has taken no action against either one of those Twitter accounts.

In other words, Twitter continues to censor any view it deems unacceptable, as does Facebook and as does YouTube.

Yet more evidence which reinforces my conviction NEVER to accept any one of these unsafe and ineffective experimental treatments (as if all the deaths and injuries were not enough rational motives to avoid them).

And yet again, here for the benefit of the City-Data community: the FDA KNEW there was a risk for serious vaccine injuries as far back as the fall of 2020. Yet it, the CDC, Fauci, etc., have insisted the experimental treatments are safe and effective.
If you can please post up the study and I will show you its shortcomings, why and how it was used as intentional and politically based medical misinformation and to help sell a book.

Old 08-01-2021, 08:11 AM

18,567 posts, read 15,660,169 times
Quote:
"So what?"

First of all, seat belts are a terrible comparison to this experimental vaccine.

Second of all, OUTSIDE EVENTS ARE NOT PART OF THE EQUATION WITH THIS EXPERIMENTAL VACCINE. I and other posters have repeatedly posted a slide from a nearly 9-hour-long presentation by the FDA from late October 2020 with a list of possible side effects.

NO OUTSIDE EVENT IS NEEDED with this experimental treatments; many have lost the ability to walk, and others have had cardiac or respiratory strokes and some died.

"So what?"

Say that to the families of those who are now permanently injured because they "followed the science."
Say this to a a family who lost a loved one because the seat belt trapped them in their vehicle in an emergency. The fact that it was an "outside" event does not matter. Dead is dead.

Sounds absurd, right? Same thing with your take on the vaccine. No one ever claimed it was risk free, only that the risk is much lower than the risk of getting covid and even dying from it if you are not vaccinated.

Old 08-01-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Can't rep again. Thanks for posting this. Just WOW...

Do you truly believe that the hospital situations would be better if that staff were not vaccinated? The infected are not dying. And so far no spread to the patients.

Of course some here would also say the Pandemic protocols are ineffective.

These hospitals and patients would be experiencing a NYC/Italy type scenario if this happened early in the Pandemic without vaccines, less available PPE, experience and training.

Old 08-01-2021, 08:23 AM

8,429 posts, read 4,604,085 times
Quote:
"So what?"

"So what?"

Ncole1 would just look then square in the eye and tell them they are mathematically irrelevant.

I mean, it would be the only honest thing to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.