Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2021, 08:21 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,043,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Discussion is fine. Pushing misinformation as fact is not fine. Many people here are guilty of that.
Shame on anyone believing verbatim what they read most places online, and double shame on anyone who believes verbatim what they read on a forum. Caveat Emptor....we are ALL consumers when it comes to what we read and believe online. None of this, "Oh you must be lying - where is your source?" bull$hit. It's up to each of us to do oute own homework and decide for ourselves what we will consider as truth.

Journalism 101 from over 40 years ago taught me to rightly follow the words of Poe: Believe nothing you hear and only one half that you see. And even that saying has been debated thru the years as to who said it first.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:25 AM

8,422 posts, read 4,592,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I think the point is natural immunity is great against the Delta variant. No one is arguing that. However, if you are one of the 600,000 Americans that died from the original variant, it doesn't matter. So as long as you survived the orignial variant, and yes, statitics are WELL on your side that you will, then you have better immunity against Delta than a vaccine. Personally, given my age at this point in life, I'd rather take my chances with the vaccine and not Russian Roulette a natural infection. If you don't feel that way, great. Everyone has a comfort level with risk.

Great, except you don't get to participate in society. See, there's the problem. Pro-vaxers don't seem to see they have removed the option of choice. "they had a choice, either do as we do or jump into the boiling lake of lava we set up for them. Totally their choice."

Old 09-03-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
First line above the article "EXPERTS STRESS THIS SHOULD NOT DISCOURAGE VACCINATION"

Required disclaimer if they want their article to be published.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Of course you could get a mild case and even not know you are infected and then spread it to someone who spends two weeks on a ventilator and then dies. Great job!

It's amazing how an unvaccinated person who gets a mild case (low viral load) will spread the virus to thousands of people in far away lands but the vaccinated who gets a mild case (low viral load) are "much less likely to spread it" therefore nothing to worry about.

People amaze me.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
Well I can understand. If I was bamboozled into taking a jab which MAY be the same or worse as natural immunity, I'd be miffed too. I might even want everyone to get it too just so it's fair.

Speaking of immunity, is there any disease where natural immunity doesn't result from recovery but we have a vaccine that works?

I don't think this is what you had in mind, but rabies doesn't seem to ever result in recovery and we have a vaccine for it. BTW, if you live among frothing badgers and bats, I highly recommend the rabies vaccine.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:42 AM

18,551 posts, read 15,629,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Look...Squirrel!

The variant was 27 times more likely to break through Pfizer protection from January-February and cause symptoms than it was to penetrate natural immunity from the same period.

Natural immunity from contracting coronavirus provided Israelis with longer-lasting protection against the Delta variant than two shots of the Pfizer vaccine given early this year, new Israeli research suggests
In order to get natural immunity, you must have a 100% chance of having COVID. With vaccine immunity, you have a chance of catching COVID but this chance is less than 100%. Thus getting COVID is not the way to reduce your risk. If you have to get COVID, that is not preventing COVID, in fact quite the opposite.

If evaluating whether to get vaccinated or try to get COVID, one does not know beforehand if the COVID case will be mild and short-lived. The risk reduction is only something that happens after the fact.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:44 AM

43,325 posts, read 18,440,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
It's amazing how an unvaccinated person who gets a mild case (low viral load) will spread the virus to thousands of people in far away lands but the vaccinated who gets a mild case (low viral load) are "much less likely to spread it" therefore nothing to worry about.

People amaze me.
Logic has left the building.

We have nearly 60% of Americans vaccinated and yet case numbers/hospitalizations are higher than last year when no one was vaccinated.

And they tell us it's all due to the unvaccinated ?

That makes no sense at all.

25,863 posts, read 16,574,106 times
How many doctors do we have here? Seems like hundreds.

18,551 posts, read 15,629,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post

People amaze me.
Vaccinated people are less likely to get it in the first place.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Hospitals are jam packed with people working on natural immunity. The takeaway is we need a third shot to get a more durable immunity from any kind of infection. I got mine already.

Since the third shot is only approved for the immunocompromized, you either are such and therefore got a shot to bring yourself up to everyone else who got two shot's level or you line-jumped and got an unauthorized shot. Which is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.