Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2021, 08:47 AM

43,491 posts, read 18,584,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
How many doctors do we have here? Seems like hundreds.
You don't need to be a doctor to read articles and hospital data counts.

What we aren't getting is demographic breakdowns here in the US.

In Israel it's the vaccinated ending up in the hospital...over 60 with pre existing conditions.
And that is because the vaccine they got in January has worn off.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Hospitals are jam packed with people working on natural immunity. The takeaway is we need a third shot to get a more durable immunity from any kind of infection. I got mine already.
That third shot may not be the magic bullet.

Israel has over 2 million with a third shot since July and they are still getting record high numbers.
Several people with a third shot have got covid.

The US lags behind Israel on actions.

And that third shot will only last 6 months and then you'll need a 4th shot and so on every 6 months.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:51 AM

25,894 posts, read 16,610,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
You don't need to be a doctor to read articles and hospital data counts.

What we aren't getting is demographic breakdowns here in the US.

In Israel it's the vaccinated ending up in the hospital...over 60 with pre existing conditions.
And that is because the vaccine they got in January has worn off.
The human body is far too complicated for me to take the word of anyone other than an accredited doctor who has a lot to lose for giving out false or fantastic information.

I have maybe 30 years left on this Earth, I’m going with the expert opinions on this subject.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:56 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,450,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
You didn't make a case. That's the point And it is like clockwork from the "certain" people mentioned in the article.
I don’t think anyone would get sick on purpose, nor did the OP suggest such a silly thing. It’s just that if you have been sick then you may be covered. Also, there is some argument that would we be better off reaching herd immunity by letting the virus run its course through us. Although, if this ends up like the flu which I suspect it might, there will be endless mutations which neither vacccines nor natural immunity will help much.

Old 09-03-2021, 09:00 AM

63,247 posts, read 29,358,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Things that make you go hmmm

https://www.timesofisrael.com/study-...than-vaccines/

And just to nip this in the bud, pro vaxxers will latch on to this part of the article...

But experts are stressing that the results shouldn’t be interpreted as discouragement from vaccinating

and they will ignore and dismiss this...

The variant was 27 times more likely to break through Pfizer protection from January-February and cause symptoms than it was to penetrate natural immunity from the same period.

Natural immunity from contracting coronavirus provided Israelis with longer-lasting protection against the Delta variant than two shots of the Pfizer vaccine given early this year, new Israeli research suggests

And it appears we can throw out the fear mongering long hauler claims since having Covid may very well have saved these people's lives.

What a GD S show this is.
I agree, all the information that is being thrown out there about the virus itself, it's mutations and the vaccine's effectiveness vs risks is very confusing to the public as there are so many different opinions. Can you even believe your own doctor's advice?

You're right was a GD S show this is!

Old 09-03-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The human body is far too complicated for me to take the word of anyone other than an accredited doctor who has a lot to lose for giving out false or fantastic information.

I have maybe 30 years left on this Earth, I’m going with the expert opinions on this subject.
Well that's what we've been getting for 1.5 years now. And when the story changes...why it's "the science".

Let the numbers speak for themselves.
The booster is not working in Israel after 1.5 months.

Old 09-03-2021, 09:03 AM

448 posts, read 223,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
The problem is when the definition of “misinformation” becomes too broad, like the policy on YouTube. They define ANY disagreement with the CDC or WHO to be “misinformation”. In this case, a lot of legitimate dissent gets effectively censored unless its author is able to find another, equivalent platform, which is difficult given the “oligopoly” possessed by Big Online Media.

The type of misinformation prompted by some of the conspiracy theorists is absurd and I support a private company’s right to take it down. But some safeguards should be in place so that you are allowed to say things other than parroting the exact recommendations and interpretations of the governmental bodies and powers that be.

I am all in favor of scientocracy, but sometimes the pendulum swings too far the other way and it turns to technocracy.
Well said, mostly. When in history has censorship ever been a good thing?
And to those calling for it now, be prepared for the day that the "other side" takes over and does the same thing, 2.0.

Old 09-03-2021, 09:26 AM

8,188 posts, read 3,738,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
It's the law? If they are the same then why is one under full immunity while you can sue for the other if you have complications (also gotta prove you didnt take the EUA version)?
From liability point of view they are the same as well (due to the continuing health emergency).

Old 09-03-2021, 10:17 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,795,471 times
Someone explain

Every other day the media publishes some story about a prominent antivaccine politician/ Media/activist/ socacial media personality who has died or is gravely ill from covid. These sourced articles are from professional journalist working for respected publishers or networks with editorial review boards. I am not allowed to post or link to these articles.

But if I posted the covid vaccine won’t work because covid is from space monkeys from Venus and linked to a source that would be okay. I could do that all day everyday

Why is that?

Old 09-03-2021, 10:26 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,419,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Could you explain the difference between presenting evidence and "pushing misinformation" then? The former is often described as the latter here by your side.
Presenting evidence is someone that presents data from reputable sources such as peer reviewed medical journals, literature reviews, and monitoring data.

Pushing misinformation is someone that posts a Youtube Video or Facebook post claiming as fact that vaccines are dangerous or that Ivermectin treats COVID with no sources. Basically making fact based claims with no sources or sources that are not reputable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.