Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2021, 09:29 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,335,515 times

Advertisements

Once again, the "crazy conspiracy theorists" were right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DjElrKLRWE

Old 10-08-2021, 09:58 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,990,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Hoping everyone on this thread understands that COVID vaccines are free, easily available, take less than 20 minutes, including the recommended post inoculation monitoring, and are given at a variety of locations not only at hospitals and physician's offices. ALL of the vaccines we use in the USA are highly effective at preventing the need for hospitalization or big gun treatment as well as remaining really good at preventing infection itself. ( despite what the naysayers are telling you on this thread)

Treatments for COVID-19, such as monoclonal antibodies, that many on this thread think should be a substitute for prevention, are expensive, resource-intensive, and must be provided in a healthcare setting and by IV infusion with close monitoring. They usually require two specialized nurses, and an infectious disease physician, take about 45 minutes to infuse plus an hour to watch for side effects. Plus the patient is ill with COVID-19.

Then we have preventable illness requiring days upon days of treatment in hospitals. What do you think is the cost of treatment available in the hospital, let alone in an ICU? I'll tell you, it is HIGH. Very high and way more than vaccination.

Come on, guys. It is ludicrous to pretend that getting infected by the virus and treating it is superior to prevention, by any measure, financial cost included.

P. S. BTW:

Monoclonal antibodies are still authorized under an EUA currently and the vaccines are approved.

The vaccine charges to the government run around $20, monoclonal antibodies over $2,000. Physicians have far more experience and knowledge with vaccines than with the monoclonal antibodies, yet it seems treatment with them is preferred by many who are adamantly resistant to vaccines. My daughter is a physician and works with COVID patients. She sometimes asks people, who are sick and in the ICU, why they avoided vaccination. One answer frequently heard is, "well I don't know what is in these vaccines." She will just look at them and gently ask, "do you know what is in all these bags of meds and IVs that are being hung hourly to treat and stabilize you? Sadly there is no answer, as they do not know.

Getting ill with COVID-19 and requiring treatment can be very costly, on so many levels. Costs which the vaccines are capable of preventing.
Maybe the bigger problem is not your daughter's bedside manner but why the patient isn't informed of what is in the bags they are infusing them with. It's not that there "is no answer", it is that they are not being informed. That is the problem with America. Lack of transparency leads to doubt and misinformation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVid View Post
Well I can assure you that I’m not fake, my vaccine injury is not fake! I am now disabled! I was a healthy 42 year old female with no underlying conditions! I was a CNA for 26 years and a very good one I will add! And that’s what I’m most angry about is not being able to go in and care for my residents! I know they miss me and I certainly miss them! I’m now 9 months into this mess, I still have tremors, convulsions and seizures. I have lost the use of my legs 3 times since January! The headaches and tingling, numbness, tingling and burning all over your hands and feet. There are thousands and thousands of us suffering! I recently posted the phone call today I had with moderna on every social media platform I have!
I'm so sorry you are going through this. It is horrible enough to be going through this but to not be validated is a downright travesty. It is why there is doubt surrounding these vaccines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
sorry you have to face whatever you are going through....

but there is ZERO EVIDENCE that your seizures are from the vaccine

my nephew was in his mid 40's...healthy as an ox.... one day, he collapsed (back in 2017, well before covid) had a stroke, for about 6 months he had tremors, convulsions and seizures, then had a massive stoke and died.... it happens.... just because yours happened this year doesn't mean it was because of the vaccination..... I am sure you have heard the term "correlation is not equal to causation"
I wouldn't say "ZERO EVIDENCE", I'd say ZERO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. There are plenty of cases with the same reactions the poster has, some worse, some better. ALL after the vaccination. That is not to say people don't have reactions like this without the vaccination, but when a large population states this is happening to them AFTER vaccination, that sure seems like correlation to me. How many does it take? What's the magic number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
You made a statement on somebody's abilities as a doctor. To make a statement like that you need to have certain qualifications. Apparently, you have none. Clear?
No you don't. You only need experience with bedside manner or manners period. You don't comment a snarky, sarcastic comment to someone who the comment matters none at that point. That is something a doctor may have said when giving advise to get the shot, in response to the patient's comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
My partner had a reaction after moderna with tingling over his entire body that kept him up all night. It did subside, but that’s not normal.

A friend of mine experiences hand tremors after Pfizer, and it’s quite noticeable. I don’t know what her doctor says about it.

My cousin was rushed to the hospital twice after Pfizer. She suddenly could not speak and was confused. The second time she passed out. Upon awakening again could not speak. The symptoms subsided. After numerous tests, it was called “a neurological issue,” with no specificity.

I would have been inclined to refuse the vaccine since these experiences are disturbing. I thank my lucky stars that I have acquired natural immunity. Jabbing spike proteins into my body every four-six months or so? No thanks.
Neurological issues is one of the most common side effects and injuries of the vaccines. It should be on every PSA about the things. People can make an informed decision then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I think it's really interesting that the doctor/patient relationship has been whittled down to a server/client relationship here. Really? That may be the case when you're going for plastic surgery. Tell the patient what they want to hear? But between GP and patient, oncologist and patient, endocrinologist and patient? That's a horse of a different color.

But it has become that way. My own GP has told me on numerous occasions that about 80% of his patients over 50 are overwight and he has to be very careful advising them. I think the only reason he tells me this is that I'm one of the 20% that is not overweight and he always makes sure to commend me for maintaining a healthy weight and then sort of unloads his frustration about how he tries to help is other patients, but can't say a thing because I guess they have meltdowns. He's not a rude man--very tactful. Telling someone they need to maintain a proper weight is not shaming. But I guess people believe it is. Tellling diabetics to cut simple carbs who swear they are doing the right thing but their A1C is telling a differe'tnt story aren't being shamed. And a physician who tries to counter one type of information with their information on the vaccines is not shaming either. Why is this viewed as shaming from a qualified physician? What's with the whole "shaming" business anyway. I don't know if it's generational or just a change in society, but man, people are so primed to be hurt.
I highly doubt that obese people aren't aware of their weight issues and what causes it. There are ways to speak about health without "shaming" and like it or not, it is what social media and the internet has brought about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
You should never forget that your own doctor is imperfect, and he doesn't know your body. I'm lucky enough to have the financial means to pay for top doctors (who don't accept insurance) out of pocket. They know me, my body. But most GP spend very little time with their individual patients and their treatment plans mirror some flow chart.

I have had terrible advice from even experts in their fields. I used to be an athlete, and suffered numerous injuries. Some of their advice would have knocked me out early.

I learned one must question and do their own research. Never be afraid to challenge your doctor. He/she should not take offense. If they cannot explain their rationale, if they seem disinterested, you need a new GP or at least another opinion.

Then there is a very very sad reality, I have not seen in my lifetime. The politicization of medicine. Especially around this virus. GP are scared to prescribe alternate treatments, and are being pushed to push onto you the vaccine. They're pushed to think the vaccine is 'safe' so adverse events are often ignored and not reported.

What's sad is we should be honest about adverse events, not only so they're reported more regularly (so data is better), not only so people can make better informed decisions, but so if someone does choose to vaccinate, the doctor can monitor and intervene earlier in case of an adverse event.

And the vaccines ARE NOT EQUAL. Depending on your gender, age, you should be steered to one over the other. I also think we need an inactivated virus vaccine. It maybe less effective, but they still have an effect, and have a far smaller chance of adverse events. If we won't develop one, let's buy the Chinese one (Sinovac).

I have traveled around the world, and in places where the Chinese is available, it's often the preferred choice. Why? Because adverse effects are little.

Novavax, it's a scandal it's not available here. A SCANDAL.
Definitely a scandal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
There is no scandal. Novavax got delayed due to supply issues and they plan on submitting authorization in the fourth quarter of this year.
Right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
It is her job as a physician to take a complete history and understand the nature of the patients thinking and reasoning when considering any treatment plan or medical goal. And then educate. That education could very well include openly refuting the medical misinformation the patient has been duped into believing. Just like a large portion of posters on this thread. It is dangerous and damaging, and not in the best medical interests of the patient, their community and our nation.
It is not her job to sarcastically comment about her not knowing what is in the IV she was getting at the time. That's embarrassing. Why doesn't she know? She could have just educated her about the safety of the vaccine when she said she didn't know what was in them and it scared her. Geez.

Quote:
It hasn't happened, and most likely won't happen in relation to this Pandemic. This is just one other ruse imposed upon those susceptible to politically motivated medical misinformation agenda. As with so many right here on this thread.

These vaccines go through substantial trials, and if ADE were to occur that would most likely be picked up before the vaccine was released. Yes it is still possible, just highly unlikely.
This thread is a very small population compared to the whole population, so if people are spreading MISinformation, SOMEONE is not doing their job effectively or they are lying. BOTH have been happening in this country. Good for you, taking the time to share your relatively informed knowledge. Most don't.

Quote:
That German patient died FROM Covid 19 before he became immunized with the vaccine.
Another example of politically motivated medical misinformation having been dispersed onto a susceptible group. Some represented here on this thread.
Alright with the crap comments about "some here on this thread". Got it. Either educate or scroll. Ironically, since the beginning of this thread, I have seen many comments that were considered in the category you continually throw a scoff at become the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
No, it is a freak accident. Replace vaccine with bicycle or football and rerun your logic.
They regret those situations too. Not quite "freak".

Quote:
That depends on his risk factors, and the risks around him at home and daily life. If I had a 16 y/o he'd get vaccinated as my wife is high risk.
I would NEVER use that theory. EVER. I would risk all for my children's safety.

Old 10-08-2021, 10:12 AM

18,956 posts, read 8,588,172 times
Quote:
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2767245

What was the profile of the patients and dose (avg ) you prescribed?
Mostly older and the usual ZPak.

Thanks for link! From 2020, After I quit medicine. Otherwise this would very definitely have changed my prescribing habits!

Old 10-08-2021, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Alright with the crap comments about "some here on this thread". Got it. Either educate or scroll. Ironically, since the beginning of this thread, I have seen many comments that were considered in the category you continually throw a scoff at become the truth.
Post any up.

Old 10-08-2021, 10:18 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,171,338 times
Quote:
Sudden strange smells is almost pathognomonic for Covid 19 infection. Most likely the infection occurred before full immunization, which takes about 2 weeks after the 2nd dose.
Bleach, cigarette smoke & rotting food are odors commonly reported. Yuck.

I'd be willing to bet it's related to impaired microglia function. The sensory neurons are dependent on upkeep from microglia cells & 48% of covid deaths in a study on postmortem brain tissue, showed microglial immune activation.

Post mortem studies on brain tissue of people with autism showed atypical microglia immune activation too, so it doesn't seem a stretch that it could happen to the post-vaccinated as well.

Quote:
I have experienced changes in smell on certain drugs (eg methamphetamines).

It's common.

What was not common was for a virus to do that, but certainly a vaccine that damages some neurology can as well.
Depending on how close you were to the "process", that chemical cat pee smell wasn't a figment of your imagination (lol) but now that you mention this though; that weird experience of smelling cigarette smoke (when no one is smoking) is also reported post-covid. Hmm.

Old 10-08-2021, 10:32 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,990,288 times
Quote:
Post any up.
Sorry, it took me days to read through and catch up, I'm not going back through all the posts for you. Believe it or not.

Old 10-08-2021, 10:39 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,131,476 times
Quote:
Mostly older and the usual ZPak.

Thanks for link! From 2020, After I quit medicine. Otherwise this would very definitely have changed my prescribing habits!
When you prescribed HCQ for COVID what were your findings. Did most patients respond, few? Did you prescribe with Zinc. And what did you believe the mechanism of action that HCQ did with the virus.

Old 10-08-2021, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Sorry, it took me days to read through and catch up, I'm not going back through all the posts for you. Believe it or not.
Oh I surely believe you, and wouldn't expect you to find anything to back up your bogus claim.

Old 10-08-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
When you prescribed HCQ for COVID what were your findings. Did most patients respond, few? Did you prescribe with Zinc. And what did you believe the mechanism of action that HCQ did with the virus.
The only time I did that was with my wife, and with the approval of her pulmonary/intensivist, since I was recently retired. And since we did not get her positive Covid 19 test back until after her hospital discharge, her case has to be considered as an outlier. We gave her HCQ + ZPak +Zn + D starting maybe 2 weeks after her initial presentation. But what we found was that within 2 hours her supplemental O2 needs dropped from 6 to 3l/min.

Old 10-08-2021, 11:32 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,131,476 times
Quote:
The only time I did that was with my wife, and with the approval of her pulmonary/intensivist, since I was recently retired. And since we did not get her positive Covid 19 test back until after her hospital discharge, her case has to be considered as an outlier. We gave her HCQ + ZPak +Zn + D starting maybe 2 weeks after her initial presentation. But what we found was that within 2 hours her supplemental O2 needs dropped from 6 to 3l/min.
In other words, remarkable improvement.

Glad your wife is fine now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.