Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2020, 06:02 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,124,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post

Umm... because Hillary wouldn't have dismantled the agency that was set up to prepare our country for a pandemic???

And, btw, a worldwide pandemic is a big deal.... no matter who is in office, FACT.

Hillary would have been one of the ones calling for people to congregate in Chinatown and saying banning flights from China would be racist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2020, 06:51 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,064,325 times
Hillary Clinton once said "she has the mind of a Conservative and the heart of a liberal.."

She was raised in a politically conservative household. She went to public schools. She was active in church.
She got her BA from Wellesley College, an all women's school, before going to Yale Law School.

Truth is, it took me years to accept that Hillary stayed with Bill after he embarrassed her...
I think many women had a hard time with that. I think that hurt her in 2016.

But, if you think about it,...

The fact that she was able to stay married to Bill shows maturity, determination and strength of character...

Hillary is a person who is capable of keeping vows... and of love and forgiveness..

Just imagine how it would be to have that kind of person in the Whitehouse...

Last edited by World Citizen; 12-27-2020 at 07:25 AM..

Old 12-27-2020, 09:01 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,064,325 times
Default "We must accept this result and look toward the future..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Huh. I could have sworn she conceded shortly after the election. I believe it was November 9th.
[@youtube]Bcck7hr9Su8[@/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcck7hr9Su8

again, I say there is no comparing Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump....

Old 12-27-2020, 05:07 PM

15,619 posts, read 15,754,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Those were the days when the media and it's devotees didn't constantly call Republicans "nazis" 24/7.
Maybe that was because Republicans didn't use to act like Nazis. I don't think it's right to use that as a casual insult, but there are serious historical parallels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
No conviction because of lack of evidence. But yeah, Moooler tacked on a comment that the lack of evidence didn't mean there was no wrong doing. It was a pathetic and dishonest attempt for him to save face.
No. Not convicted because Mueller didn't investigate as widely as he should, and because it was pre-ordained that Republicans would let Trump off the hook. During Watergate, Republicans were honest enough to acknowledge the truth of the accusations.

Quote:
I disagree.

And, it's impossible to compare Hillary Rodham Clinton to Donald J. Trump.

Hillary had years of proven political experience; a few of these: First Lady, Senator, Secretary of State.

She has a BA in Political Science and a Juris Doctor degree from Yale Law School. Also on her resume, faculty at the University of Arkansas where she taught classes in Criminal Law. She worked for years as an attorney.

She knew exactly what the job entailed. World leaders would have respected her. Hillary was the best candidate and I voted for her.
Yes! Thank you for reminding us that on top of her excellent political experience, she also had the educational background. Trump had neither. And world leaders already did respect Hillary. But with Trump they either laughed about him, or manipulated him by catering to his vanity.

Old 12-28-2020, 01:51 PM

6,612 posts, read 3,690,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
You would have to lock up your guy along with the other guy to do it.
That's impossible.
Who will go first?

I'll say this about Trump vs. Clinton:

Hillary has more social graces than Donald Trump, so she made the transition of power easy for him, but I'm sure she would have been no better than Trump as President. She would have been no worse. The screw-ups would have been as big, but different.

Their temperaments are different, but not by much, and neither of them was ever suitable for the job they both wanted.
The fact is they are both cut from the same cloth, and they are a lot more alike than they are different.

None of us was given a very good choice in 2016.
Ridiculous. This is just not the case. I know you won't get it, but Hillary cannot be likened to this current, impossible loser. I don't know how anyone could feel they are similar in any way since she would have been able to handle things, being a functioning, reasonable and knowledgable adult, not a childish and mentally-disturbed control-freak.

We would have been much better off....but try telling that to those rooted in the belief that one from the Conservative party is what matters, no matter how incapable they could be.

Old 12-28-2020, 02:22 PM

6,612 posts, read 3,690,340 times
Quote:
I agree. America missed having a great President...
Yes..and events occurring afterward established it having been an inaccurate election.

I've imagined her having the opportunity at an appropriate time, to stand before him and after a long look, will say, "Lock him up".

Old 12-28-2020, 03:30 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,595,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Funny Obama said something about a peaceful transition since he made it anything but.
Huh?

Old 12-28-2020, 03:35 PM

25,452 posts, read 9,866,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Conceded and then spent four years saying the Russians stole the election.
No, but a Republican-controlled Senate panel did issue a report saying there were extensive contacts between Trump advisers and Kremlin officials.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/18/u...ce-report.html

Old 12-29-2020, 06:11 PM

15,619 posts, read 15,754,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
She did not accept her loss. Calling it a stolen election as recently as November

The Coronavirus would not have been seen as as big a deal if a Democrat were in charge. Fact
Did she initiate 50 lawsuits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies