Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 02:50 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,448,137 times

Advertisements

A lot of red rural areas are garbage too.

We shouldn't judge a people/place by their economic situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2020, 02:56 PM

2,774 posts, read 904,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalop View Post
Lmao, the irony of trumpers telling us our areas are **** holes. Gotta love the delusion in these folks. It's like a toddler making fun of me for being immature.
So you going to move into NYC any time soon? Or are you already there? All the monied folks are leaving. Gomorrah is going to run out of folks to tax.

Old 12-24-2020, 03:09 PM

3,575 posts, read 2,204,053 times
Quote:
Lmao, the irony of trumpers telling us our areas are **** holes. Gotta love the delusion in these folks. It's like a toddler making fun of me for being immature.
Well if you look at New York see the exodus common sense says it’s gone downhill. Murder rate is up, vacancy rates up, homeless everywhere it is a crap place. Lmao

Old 12-24-2020, 03:55 PM

29,853 posts, read 24,959,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
A lot of red rural areas are garbage too.

We shouldn't judge a people/place by their economic situation.

Nobody said anything negative about the residents of NYC. And there is no reason we shouldn't be discussing NYC's grim economic situation. If you don't want to take part in that discussion, this thread is not for you.

Old 12-24-2020, 04:56 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,448,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Nobody said anything negative about the residents of NYC. And there is no reason we shouldn't be discussing NYC's grim economic situation. If you don't want to take part in that discussion, this thread is not for you.
I'm fine, but the video seems targeted towards left-politics.

If NYC has crime and poverty because of it's policy, you can find many places with worse crime and poverty on different political scales.

What should DeBlasio do, and how is NYC any worst than the rest of the country?

Old 12-24-2020, 04:58 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,705,075 times
Quote:
Gross incompetence and mismanagement has brought NYC to it's knees. Can it ever recover from this? Will lefties blame COVID and Trump for this as well?
You must not know much about NYC.

Old 12-24-2020, 04:59 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,437,840 times
Quote:
People are literally sh**ting on the sidewalks of big Democrat run cities. And to the Dems it's not a bug, but a feature.

Old 12-24-2020, 05:03 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,437,840 times
It sure has changed since Rudy left office. Democrats openly yearn for New York to go back to Taxi Driver days, with high crime rates and Time Square being a cesspool.

Old 12-24-2020, 05:56 PM

29,853 posts, read 24,959,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I'm fine, but the video seems targeted towards left-politics.

If NYC has crime and poverty because of it's policy, you can find many places with worse crime and poverty on different political scales.

What should DeBlasio do, and how is NYC any worst than the rest of the country?

This is a political subforum. If the video seems overtly political, than it is in the right place. It sounds like you don't want to criticize places that are run by left wing politicians, which is fine. But that doesn't mean other people shouldn't be allowed to criticize these places, and more specifically, the left wing politicians who own the messes they created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
People are literally sh**ting on the sidewalks of big Democrat run cities. And to the Dems it's not a bug, but a feature.
Dims get mad when people call cities run by loony lefties ****holes, but they are perfectly fine and comfortable with people ****ing on their streets. I think lefties need to get their priorities straight. Instead of worrying about what other people are saying about their cities, maybe they should actually be doing something to make these communities attractive and desirable places to live. But that might involve work, which is probably an offensive and forbidden word in their SJW dictionaries.

Old 12-24-2020, 06:12 PM

14,705 posts, read 14,677,787 times
Quote:
NYC was literally Trump's home. It has really gone down hill after he and other tax payers left. Irony???

FWIW, I live in a nice quiet suburb. I doubt many Americans would call my community a ****hole. I don't know where the guy in the video is from, but I don't think he is a "Trumper", and it doesn't sound like he was born anywhere in America, though he may live here.

I certainly am not making fun of the misfortune experienced by those who call NYC their home. I'm merely bringing to light what appears to be going on, as well as the most likely cause. I really do hope they can turn things around in NYC, but everything DeBlassio and Cuomo have done seems to have made the situation worse, or enabled it to reach the boiling point it is at today. I certainly am rooting for them to turn things around, because I don't want to see Americans suffer. But when they vote in ideologues who will risk it all just to appease the do nothing SJW crowd, while chasing away productive, hard working tax payers... Ya, it does look like something of a self inflicted wound.
Yeah, New York was great in Trump's heyday. Not a mafioso or dirty real estate deal to be found

Well, you might get your wish....my boy Andrew Yang is filing paperwork to run against DeBlasio next election. Personally, I think the job would eat him alive because he's too nice of a guy, but at least he would try to do the right things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies