Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 09:19 AM

11,413 posts, read 7,859,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
When was the last time a heterosexual couple was refused service because they were heterosexual?

Seems the Christians have exactly the respect the gay couples desire.

What you seem to want is for homosexuals to stop asking for equality. Just accept your bigotry and stop bothering you. You don’t care about whether people are happy. You care that no one calls you out for being an a-hole.
That’s how it seems to me too. I guess women should have been content their husbands got to vote and POC should have been happy to sit in the back of the bus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Literally:

www.google.com

in the search box : lawsuits christian right to practice religion

About 9,040,000 results

Here's a link to the results https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...4dUDCA0&uact=5
Thank you. I didn’t think explaining Google was necessary.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:37 AM

1,943 posts, read 571,158 times
Quote:
Literally:

www.google.com

About 9,040,000 results

Here's a link to the results https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...4dUDCA0&uact=5
Thanks for the link. I'll admit I do not stay up to date on court cases. Although I did not read all 9,040,000 results, those I did read involved suit against some government entity rather than individuals or businesses. Of course lawsuits for perceived discrimination are nothing new. Some have devoted their full time efforts to such.
https://ffrf.org/legal/challenges/ongoing-lawsuits

Old 01-03-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Thank you. I didn’t think explaining Google was necessary.
I thought you had some specifics in mind of Christians suing non Christian individuals or businesses. Now I realize you were just speaking in abstract generalities.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:51 AM

Here’s a specific (and ridiculous) case for you. Enjoy!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...486275%3famp=1

Old 01-03-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Here’s a specific (and ridiculous) case for you. Enjoy!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...486275%3famp=1
There was quite a controversy over the 2020 halftime show, I suppose because "The singers danced on poles, twerked, belly danced and made more than a few sexually suggestive gestures" on supposedly 'family' air time.

I can just imagine parents over the nation saying to their daughters, 'see honey, practice hard and one day that could be you'.

But I digress, a lawsuit was never filed.

Old 01-03-2021, 02:39 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,636,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The flaw --- The Christian doesn't go to court --- they get drugged into court.
Quote:
They get “drugged” into court?!? I thought drugging people was illegal.

If you actually read the link to this case, no one is dragging anyone into court. There is no lawsuit or any plan to file a lawsuit. It would be pointless in N.C. since discrimination based on sexual orientation is not illegal. It’s wrong. It’s un-Christian. It’s bigoted, but it’s not illegal. For now.
I didn't say there was ... I was correcting you on how the Christian ends up defending themselves --- here is an interesting thought, what would happen if the gay-Christian ends up in a courtroom. Double the protection, depending on the type of case?

Dragged or Drug—Which Is Correct?

"The recognized and correct past tense form of the verb drag is dragged. Drug can still sometimes be heard, but only in certain dialects within the United States."

Must be difficult for you to read certain types of literature.

Old 01-03-2021, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Then we are back to the fact that the teacher should have known better. Change the venue for the prayer session.
It was a moment in time, neither were thinking about what they were doing, only the grief ---

Old 01-03-2021, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
You can go to McDonald's and pray they serve you a really hot cup of coffee --- I hear that pays out big time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Are people really still making a joke of this incident?
https://segarlaw.com/blog/myths-and-...t-coffee-case/
Also the woman that brought the law suit before the courts passed and the children received the payout. It just gets crazier from there --- if you dig farther you will find people trying to take McDonald's to court over 'not getting a napkin' or enough 'napkins' with their meals.

Old 01-03-2021, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Literally:

www.google.com

About 9,040,000 results

Fighting for your Constitutional right to do something is not the same as being brought to court, because you exercised that right. (that freedom)

The lesbian couple --- they are doing the same thing --- fighting for their rights, as well.
We should be careful what laws we bind ourselves to --- in that doing so we give up our freedoms, but then bind ourselves to law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies