Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 06:27 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,629,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Nor would they be able to find a lawyer willing to take the case. Discrimination based on sexual orientation is not illegal in NC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Exactly. What will happen most likely is that it will bring to the forefront the City voting on adding non-discrimination based on sexual orientation in public accommodation. The prohibition was removed in Dec.

The venue still hasn't put up a notice on their website that they don't do gay weddings.
Should they have to?

lgbtq wedding venue north carolina

32 Results for "Lgbt Weddings" in North Carolina

options

North Carolina Gay Weddings - North Carolina Lesbian Weddings - NC Same-Sex Weddings

The Warehouse on Ivy in Winston-Salem does not appear in that search ---
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 06:30 PM

11,413 posts, read 7,849,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
You have rights afforded to you by the u.s. Constitution, you are protected.
stop trolling
If the Constitution actually protected people from discrimination based on sexual orientation, there would be a legal remedy for the couple denied rental of the venue based solely on their sexual orientation.

Old 01-03-2021, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Should they have to?

lgbtq wedding venue north carolina

32 Results for "Lgbt Weddings" in North Carolina

options

North Carolina Gay Weddings - North Carolina Lesbian Weddings - NC Same-Sex Weddings

The Warehouse on Ivy in Winston-Salem does not appear in that search ---
They shouldn’t have too because public businesses should be welcoming all customers not discriminating against those they don’t like. Since they don’t, then I guess the city (or even better the State) will have to step up and afford equal protection to all their citizens.

Just because there are wedding venues that aren’t discriminatory doesn’t give others the right to discriminate. The couple should have their choice of ANY venue licensed as a business by the State.

Old 01-03-2021, 06:51 PM

Quote:
They shouldn’t have too because public businesses should be welcoming all customers not discriminating against those they don’t like. Since they don’t, then I guess the city (or even better the State) will have to step up and afford equal protection to all their citizens.

Just because there are wedding venues that aren’t discriminatory doesn’t give others the right to discriminate. The couple should have their choice of ANY venue licensed as a business by the State.
Is the customer allowed to discriminate against a business?
(where do my rights end, and yours begin?)

Old 01-03-2021, 06:59 PM

20,305 posts, read 21,058,581 times
I don’t see what the big deal is.
Speak with your wallet.
There are places and organizations I just wouldn’t even think of doing business with based upon certain policies and biases. I just go elsewhere without my panties bunched up.
It’s that simple.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:05 PM

Quote:
The customer didn’t apply for and receive a license to provide services to the public. So no, a customer cannot discriminate against a business. Nor should a business be allowed to discriminate against a customer based on their personal beliefs.

You seem to believe that no business should be forced to serve any customer. Ok. Then why aren’t you fighting for ALL protected classes (including religion) to be removed? If discrimination is OK, why should only some be subjected to it while others enjoy protections? Christians aren’t special. They deserve no more protection from discrimination than any other Americans. Right?

Old 01-03-2021, 07:08 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,944,594 times
Quote:
You have rights afforded to you by the u.s. Constitution, you are protected.
Marriage is not a right.

Quote:
stop trolling
Learn what rights are and stop violating them.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I don’t see what the big deal is.
Speak with your wallet.
There are places and organizations I just wouldn’t even think of doing business with based upon certain policies and biases. I just go elsewhere without my panties bunched up.
It’s that simple.
In your example, you’re choosing not to do business with certain places. It’s very different if you’re being denied service at a business you want to use.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:15 PM

20,305 posts, read 21,058,581 times
Quote:
In your example, you’re choosing not to do business with certain places. It’s very different if you’re being denied service at a business you want to use.
Because I already know places I would not be welcomed or treated fairly.
In this day and age, with the way gossip and rumors and even the truth spread, you’ve got to have at least a clue or a hunch.

Old 01-03-2021, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The customer didn’t apply for and receive a license to provide services to the public. So no, a customer cannot discriminate against a business. Nor should a business be allowed to discriminate against a customer based on their personal beliefs.

You seem to believe that no business should be forced to serve any customer. Ok. Then why aren’t you fighting for ALL protected classes (including religion) to be removed? If discrimination is OK, why should only some be subjected to it while others enjoy protections? Christians aren’t special. They deserve no more protection from discrimination than any other Americans. Right?
I boycott all the time, you telling me I can't do that?
It is at the business discretion --- same as mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies