Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2020, 09:21 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,601,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Recently on FB I posted that 'liberalism is evil'.

Some lefty responded: "liberals are human".

My response was: do liberals view us conservatives (or Trump, for that matter) as human?

The answer, of course, is no, they do not believe we conservatives are human. They view us as subhuman scum.

So the feeling is mutual. And they need to know, I don't value their poisonous views nor will I ever buy in to to their poisonous "values".
Let's see that screen shot... you can blank the names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2020, 10:03 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,039,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Obviously not. People who do not accept globalization as reality and/or who throw down stereotypes i.e. 'liberals', 'blondes', atheists/christians (or anyone/anything that is unlike them or that which they don't understand) as a basis to which to hate are precisely the point re: the thread.
They dont understand that the model they built in 1950 to 1980 isnt sustainable uless they lower the production costs. Slaves are needed to sustain that model( wven though productivity wise they can do better in unskilled jobs) .

If at all i learned something all these years, its about competitiveness.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:09 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,532,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
When did Texas get same day registration?

You may have been in line to vote in a primary and were asked your affiliation so the guy would know where to direct you. One does not declare their party affiliation when registering. Only when they vote in a primary.
Correct, it was the 2016 Primary

Old 12-31-2020, 11:18 AM

63,000 posts, read 29,187,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Obviously not. People who do not accept globalization as reality and/or who throw down stereotypes i.e. 'liberals', 'blondes', atheists/christians (or anyone/anything that is unlike them or that which they don't understand) as a basis to which to hate are precisely the point re: the thread.
People who disagree with something does not necessarily equate to hate. What part of that aren't you getting? Some things aren't stereotyping they are actual facts!

Old 12-31-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
They dont understand that the model they built in 1950 to 1980 isnt sustainable uless they lower the production costs. Slaves are needed to sustain that model( wven though productivity wise they can do better in unskilled jobs) .

If at all i learned something all these years, its about competitiveness.
So you're a fan of slavery? Competitiveness does not negate our labor and immigration laws either nor should they.

Old 12-31-2020, 11:27 AM

27,589 posts, read 28,700,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
People who disagree with something does not necessarily equate to hate. What part of that aren't you getting?
Yeah, if I disagree with something, then that means I don't "understand" it?

That's funny.

Old 12-31-2020, 11:37 AM

18,476 posts, read 15,266,337 times
Quote:
People who disagree with something does not necessarily equate to hate. What part of that aren't you getting? Some things aren't stereotyping they are actual facts!
I'm thinking that poster is a millennial. I think their ex-hippy boomer parents and teachers really failed them. They were taught to be uptight about everything, so there is just love and hate, with nothing in between. Any speech or action even slightly unfavorable equates to hate.

Old 12-31-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I'm thinking that poster is a millennial. I think their ex-hippy boomer parents and teachers really failed them. They were taught to be uptight about everything, so there is just love and hate, with nothing in between. Any speech or action even slightly unfavorable equates to hate.
You're probably right. I have found with every liberal that I have known that if you don't agree with them then you're a hater.

I make it a point to research both sides of the issues so it's not like "I don't understand". I form my opinions from researching and common sense. I don't deal in emotions which far too many on the left do.

Old 12-31-2020, 12:29 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,380,647 times
Quote:
You're probably right. I have found with every liberal that I have known that if you don't agree with them then you're a hater.

I make it a point to research both sides of the issues so it's not like "I don't understand". I form my opinions from researching and common sense. I don't deal in emotions which far too many on the left do.

HAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, right!

Old 12-31-2020, 12:43 PM

8,692 posts, read 3,883,758 times
Quote:
I wasn't speaking to people who disagree; I was speaking to people who stereotype groups of people (as a reason for hate, confrontation and spite) i.e. liberals, blondes, millennials and so on. I very clearly made the distinction in several of my posts; perhaps you should read them before you argue a point which wasn't made, lol.

Btw, again, despite the fact you 'disagree' with globalization, it is what it is; and it is most certainly my avouchment you don't understand and/or fear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I'm thinking that poster is a millennial. I think their ex-hippy boomer parents and teachers really failed them. They were taught to be uptight about everything, so there is just love and hate, with nothing in between.
More spiteful stereotyping re: groups of people which (again) speaks to my point.

Quote:
A roll of the eyes, indeed i.e. utter nonsense. Happy New Year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies