Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2020, 04:24 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,392,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
You’ve really outdone yourself with your usual silly flapdoodle here.

Canada is white AF.
Out of reps. Now that right there is funny AF!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2020, 04:27 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,549,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
What should one do?

A] those that are aware of it, recognize it, and don't try and deflect, defend or ignore it

B] teach the facts in elementary, junior and high schools.

C] right those wrongs that can be righted, including land

D] lobby State and Federal governments to acknowledge and address the situation
E) Continue to ignore meddling Canadians who can’t live in the now.

Old 12-30-2020, 04:27 PM

63,503 posts, read 29,523,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
It means (the need for) education and change, as a whole, i.e. survival rather than old-school thinking of the past. Often, hate is nothing more than a fear of what one doesn't understand.
It's not hatred to oppose division rather than unity. Common values, common interests a shared language and culture are an important glue to keep a society together.

Old 12-30-2020, 04:29 PM

18,545 posts, read 15,381,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
What should one do?

A] those that are aware of it, recognize it, and don't try and deflect, defend or ignore it

B] teach the facts in elementary, junior and high schools.

C] right those wrongs that can be righted, including land

D] lobby State and Federal governments to acknowledge and address the situation
I think A and B are great, but C and D? How far back do you go to right those wrongs?

I get what you are saying, and any living person who has lived through such a tragedy should surely be compensated, but why their ancestors?

I have a claim against the Roman Empire, Ancient Egypt, Spain, etc. I mean, where does it stop? The neanderthals hit my ancestor over the head with a club and took all of his stuff. Do I have a claim against them?

And who chooses that arbitrary year, where compensation stops?

Old 12-30-2020, 04:31 PM

8,906 posts, read 4,032,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's not hatred to oppose division rather than unity. Common values, common interests a shared language and culture are an important glue to keep a society together.
Point being, we can't go backwards. One need not have 'common values' in order to have absence of hate; the 'glue' is simple acceptance and education to stand strong as a country.

Old 12-30-2020, 04:32 PM

27,852 posts, read 28,980,029 times
Quote:
It means (the need for) education and change, as a whole, i.e. survival rather than old-school thinking of the past. Often, hate is nothing more than a fear of what one doesn't understand.
Just to be clear, I am not interested in any kind of change that makes any foreign country rich at the expense of the United States or harms Americans in general.

Old 12-30-2020, 04:35 PM

14,796 posts, read 17,795,820 times
Quote:
Point being, we can't go backwards. One need not have 'common values' in order to have absence of hate; the 'glue' is simple acceptance and education to stand strong as a country.
We have all that now. Not sure what the point is.

Old 12-30-2020, 04:38 PM

18,545 posts, read 15,381,184 times
Quote:
How do you know?

I mean, do you have an example of another successful country with so many immigrants and 1st generation citizens from completely different backgrounds from the host country?

Old 12-30-2020, 04:40 PM

63,503 posts, read 29,523,733 times
Quote:
Who wants go backwards? Those same things apply today just as they did yesterday. Did you miss the part where I said that does not equate to hate? The glue is assimilating into our society not doing the opposite and standing out instead of blending in and trying to turn our country into the country they left behind. I couldn't care less what one does behind closed doors but join us out in mainstream. How about immigrants accepting us and educating themselves to our ways and practicing it? It's not up to us to learn their ways. My what a novel idea. Well I guess it is to a liberal.

Old 12-30-2020, 04:50 PM

8,906 posts, read 4,032,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Just to be clear, I am not interested in any kind of change that makes any foreign country rich at the expense of the United States or weakens Americans in general.
Your bias isn't allowing you to accept globalization, as a whole (which was my original point re: hate) i.e. fear of change from 1950's America. What you fail to see - there is no turning back technology or the acceleration of globalization, whether you make your lack of interest clear or not (no matter how many posts, lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
On the contrary, people very much understand the consequences of importing millions of lower class people from third world countries into the United States of America.
Case in point i.e. 'importing people' isn't a thing; it's simply an evidentiary phrase relative to hate/the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies