Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2020, 11:56 PM

889 posts, read 273,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well here is an example of such hatred by the left. We were a close knit family at one time. No issues with each other whatsoever and we all got along. Those of us who voted for Trump starting back in 2016 have been told by our liberal family members that we aren't worthy anymore and by voting for Trump it says something negative about us. They even said they can't maintain a relationship with us anymore. We never attacked them for voting for Hillary or Obama and we would never have disowned them for doing so. True story!
seems like a new fad "defriend trumpies" because by that circle you filled in on your ballot completely determines everything about you. cancelled

im sorry for you, but prolly better off ay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2020, 12:01 AM

3,672 posts, read 2,758,870 times
Good info everyone!

It’s funny how much hate is here in a thread about why the US has so much hate. I hope you all have a happy new year.

Log off, enjoy times with your family. If you are totally alone, try posting on another forum like the travel forum. Maybe the gardening forum. Something chill.

Anyways, stop the hate! Let’s all just chill. Life is short.

Old 12-30-2020, 12:05 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,359,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Yes, if the USA would have embraced cultural and race diversity, it would not have committed the intentional genocide against the indigenous First Nations that were there long before any European settler thought of crossing the Atlantic. What a horrible legacy rarely taught in schools in any detail.
Oh brother.

Old 12-30-2020, 12:14 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,665,915 times
Googled "Why is there so much hate in America Wikipedia" and this came up...RACISM. Social media makes it worse as people can spew their extremist racism in an anonymous fashion...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism..._United_States

Old 12-30-2020, 12:39 AM

8,735 posts, read 3,908,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Social media makes it worse as people can spew their extremist racism in an anonymous fashion...
True that - people have a way of feeding off (of) each other's hate/bias in an online environment i.e. sheep on a bandwagon. People are more bold/hateful if (they feel like) they are part of a group, much like middle-school bullies.

Old 12-30-2020, 12:55 AM

13,288 posts, read 8,484,651 times
DISCONTENT, IGNORANCE, BIAS UPBRINGING.

This can range from the very basics of gender, religion, Culture, physical repression.

No doubt about it, not a soul walks this earth without having some form of "discontent, ignorance or bias". To what extent its exhibited is where the healthy and dangerous part ways.

I detest with every beat of my heart the physical harm done to children. so yes its "hate", and yes I use that energy to create reforms in my area. I re-adjust how some role models handle interactions and work towards healthier ways to resolve disciplinary deeds.

Old 12-30-2020, 09:27 AM

5,099 posts, read 1,680,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Media, Social Media, Entertainment and the Democrats want division and hate so they INVENT things that people obsess over and are outraged about.

pretty much on point!

Old 12-30-2020, 10:28 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,607,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Oh brother.
Are you denying the genocide happened?

Old 12-30-2020, 10:52 AM

1,283 posts, read 1,096,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
On both sides? Sure, but I think it is a false equivalence. I think the hate is much worse coming from the left than the right. I dont know many conservatives who de-friend people because of their liberal politics. I have observed many people on the left who say things like "If you are voting for Trump, defriend me." Or, "If you are voting for Trump, you are evil, or racist, or misogynistic, etc, etc, etc.

Conservatives may think liberals have really dumb ideas about the way the world should work, but there are far fewer haters than I have seen on the left.

I have a lot of liberal friends, that I can always have a beer with. But they are not the radical liberals. They are liberals who can laugh about politics and political differences. They don't use liberalism as a measuring stick of the quality of a person, like many liberals out there do.
This is a subjective response. I had a conservative delete me when I congratulated Obama on 2nd term. I just use the hide (unfollow) feature in Facebook if the conservative views are so out there. The ones that are out there and far from reality are usually from classmates that studied theology.

Old 12-30-2020, 10:57 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,662,425 times
Actually I suspect widening disparity between classes. Middle class are in denial that middle class is narrowing and traditional road to comfortable life is waning. They poop their pants realizing instead of moving up, they and their children will be moving on down. So they blame other races or foreigners or the poor. They start worshiping at the alter of nationalist populist demagogues that just take advantage of them.

The poor are playing musical slumlord apartments just trying to keep roof over their heads. The wealthy are starting to resemble the aristocracy just prior to French Revolution. "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche" Completely disconnected from the poor and completely unconcerned. Poor monkeys only concerned about their personal hoard of bananas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies