Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2020, 05:42 PM

15,146 posts, read 10,216,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well here is an example of such hatred by the left. We were a close knit family at one time. No issues with each other whatsoever and we all got along. Those of us who voted for Trump starting back in 2016 have been told by our liberal family members that we aren't worthy anymore and by voting for Trump it says something negative about us. They even said they can't maintain a relationship with us anymore. We never attacked them for voting for Hillary or Obama and we would never have disowned them for doing so. True story!
I'd say that's more of a problem with your family.... maybe not as close knit as you thought.

I've got friends and family on both sides with me remaining independent. No problems here. We certainly still can have debates and even heated arguments but we still remain close. Even my neighbors are conservative and few Trump supporters. While not even family not much has changed among us... in our daily neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2020, 05:48 PM

63,509 posts, read 29,531,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I'd say that's more of a problem with your family.... maybe not as close knit as you thought.

I've got friends and family on both sides with me remaining independent. No problems here. We certainly still can have debates and even heated arguments but we still remain close.
It's a problem because these liberal lefty relatives live in Portland. Their politics have eaten away at their brains. Don't imply that there were any more problems in our family because there wasn't and I already explained that! We conservative relatives never shoved our views down their throats and in fact avoided political conversations and we live in So. Calif. so it's not like we got together very often either. You just don't want to admit how hateful the left can be. I'm not saying they all are as exampled by your own family but far too many are.

Old 12-29-2020, 06:07 PM

5,334 posts, read 6,131,153 times
Quote:
Well here is an example of such hatred by the left. We were a close knit family at one time. No issues with each other whatsoever and we all got along. Those of us who voted for Trump starting back in 2016 have been told by our liberal family members that we aren't worthy anymore and by voting for Trump it says something negative about us. They even said they can't maintain a relationship with us anymore. We never attacked them for voting for Hillary or Obama and we would never have disowned them for doing so. True story!
My fathers side won’t talk to my mom because she dislikes Trump it works both ways.

Whenever you generalize a whole group or talk in absolutes it’s just foolish.

Wheter it’s race religion ethnicity or political leanings to say a whole group
Is bad or whatever is just ignorant.

Old 12-29-2020, 06:35 PM

73,232 posts, read 63,096,689 times
People hate those who are not like them, who they deem to be a threat to them.

Old 12-29-2020, 06:40 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,367,629 times
Quote:
Lefties demand tolerance but offer none. You've lost nothing!

Old 12-29-2020, 06:42 PM

15,713 posts, read 15,867,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’ve traveled the world and only in the US do I see so much hate between political parties and even between individual states and people of different ethnicities. Why so? Why do us Americans put so much energy into foaming at the mouth hate?

I believe it may partially be due to US citizen’s mass infatuation with social media and news networks that are more opinion pieces looking for high ratings (aka money) than getting out facts and actual news. This all divides us even more.

Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.

Why is there so much hate in the USA? What is causing it?
You've travelled all over the world, and you haven't noticed other countries engaging in actions that are tantamount to genocide? Ever heard the words "Rohingya" or "Uighur"?

Old 12-29-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
My fathers side won’t talk to my mom because she dislikes Trump it works both ways.

Whenever you generalize a whole group or talk in absolutes it’s just foolish.

Wheter it’s race religion ethnicity or political leanings to say a whole group
Is bad or whatever is just ignorant.
Reading comprehension problem? In my last post I said that not all the left are that way. So no, I didn't say that the whole group is bad. In my circle I have never seen a conservative act the way that I've seen the left do. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule.

Old 12-29-2020, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmmadude View Post
Racism is okay now?

Methinks if the poster above would think just a little bit longer on this, (s)he might figure out that the promised land of Canada was also settled by European immigrants. That might also lead them to figure out that (gasp) skin color doesn't matter, even when that fact is applied to the dreaded European immigrants.

Unless, of course, they were being intentionally disingenuous.

Also, while it might give some people the warm and fuzzies to tout the fact that America is not the greatest country anymore, there is a tremendous teachable moment here, and I invite everyone to take a look at that video posted above, starting at 4:40 (that's the most important part of the video BTW). It wouldn't be hard to do all of those things again, if we got our heads out of the ridiculous political narratives and started thinking for ourselves again.

Maybe we could start with not calling each other trash?
That poster is always making offensive remarks. In the illegal immigration forum he trashed our veterans. He thinks the sun sets and rises on illegal aliens though. I believe making offensive statements is against the TOS so why is he still here? He's been reported several times.

Old 12-29-2020, 11:33 PM

889 posts, read 274,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
People complaining how ugly the US has become need to turn their electronics off and get back out into the world among their fellow Americans.

We are a country full of beautiful, kind, and loving people. Everywhere. We interact by the millions with each other every single day, without discussing politics, race, or anything of the like.

Our world has become distorted and hateful when you view it through the media and the internet. When you leave these false narratives behind and re-enter the “real world”, you’ll discover for yourself the reality that our nation is full of wonderful people.
i know! i turn on the news and flip through here on CD whilst drinking coffee for an hour and my stress level is up.

i then put on an audio book, grab my pooch, and head to the amazing park for our daily trip.

the sky is clear, the mountains are popping, the park is loaded with beauty and tons of happy people exercising, fishing, biking. me and my pal enjoy the squirrles, geese, ponds, trees. people are happy and enjoying the lovely day.

and i think only hours ago i was stressing out about the world, and here i am in the REAL world and it looks pretty amazing and happy! being in LA helps, where "winter" just means its crisp and clear and you wear a teeshirt not tank top. lol

good post

Old 12-29-2020, 11:47 PM

889 posts, read 274,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Yes, if the USA would have embraced cultural and race diversity, it would not have committed the intentional genocide against the indigenous First Nations that were there long before any European settler thought of crossing the Atlantic. What a horrible legacy rarely taught in schools in any detail.
problem is, people like their own culture, their own tribe. and back then foreigners were like martians! with their wierd ways and languages.

its just how it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies