Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 06:56 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,675,603 times

Advertisements

Exactly, parents need to pay attention to the agenda being taught schools today; no more serve your country, but now it is tear it down so the likes of AOC can build it in her image!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
The anonymity of the internet breeds hatred. When I'm out and about, even in deep blue areas (as a conservative white male), I rarely experience it. People are generally polite. Willing to help one another. They don't ask about your politics. Your race doesn't really matter.

That gives me hope. I believe Americans are, as a general rule, kind people.

When someone is sitting behind a computer screen and keyboard, they will shoot their mouth off. They think there are no consequences. To an extent, they're right.
Generally, I agree with you but the problem is that when hateful words become actions and our cities burn.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:02 PM

35,721 posts, read 21,087,398 times
The devil - or the wicked who plant it to cause divisions - there’s money in that

Old 12-25-2020, 07:05 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,905,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Why is their so much hate in the United States?

Simple, one side wants to preserve our Constitutional Republic as it was originally founded and the other side wishes to destroy it.
Actually even a majority of the Republicans are opposed to Trump's attempt to overturn our Constitution by first stealing the Presidency and nixing the will of the voters.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:06 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,538,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’ve traveled the world and only in the US do I see so much hate between political parties and even between individual states and people of different ethnicities. Why so? Why do us Americans put so much energy into foaming at the mouth hate?

I believe it may partially be due to US citizen’s mass infatuation with social media and news networks that are more opinion pieces looking for high ratings (aka money) than getting out facts and actual news. This all divides us even more.

Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.

Why is there so much hate in the USA? What is causing it?
Have you listened to Trump for the past 4 years?

Just start there, and work backwards, you'll find out why.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:07 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,999,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’ve traveled the world and only in the US do I see so much hate between political parties and even between individual states and people of different ethnicities. Why so? Why do us Americans put so much energy into foaming at the mouth hate?

I believe it may partially be due to US citizen’s mass infatuation with social media and news networks that are more opinion pieces looking for high ratings (aka money) than getting out facts and actual news. This all divides us even more.

Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.

Why is there so much hate in the USA? What is causing it?
We have CNN and NPR. That is really all that needs to be said. Most countries don't allow such horrible media channels to create divide.

The entire agenda of the left while Trump was in office was to use race as a divider in our country. They went so far as to say anyone that voted for Trump IS a racist! That was the boiling point for a lot of people including a lot of more moderate types.

I was a Democrat all my life and voted for Democrats my life and I am in my 50's. As things are now, I left the Democratic Party and first became an Independent, but then I can't vote in the primary in my dumb Democratic run state, so I am not believe it or not a Republican. I never thought I would ever do that, but I CAN'T be part of this hateful group. Horrible, just horrible.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:13 PM

9,175 posts, read 6,208,590 times
Maybe the time has come when the issue of race could benefit from a quiet period to allow the hate to subside. The subject and the forum has been too much taken over to hysterics, paranoids, and self-interested parties on all sides who benefit from the discord. We need a period when progress continues and racial rhetoric fades.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:21 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,530,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Maybe the time has come when the issue of race could benefit from a quiet period to allow the hate to subside. The subject and the forum has been too much taken over to hysterics, paranoids, and self-interested parties on all sides who benefit from the discord. We need a period when progress continues and racial rhetoric fades.
The people who have wesponized this sort of racial rhetoric do not want the hate to subside. Exactly the opposite, in fact.

However, it is a nice thought thought and every decent person will of course agree with you.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:24 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,361,022 times
Quote:
I've never taken race into consideration when it comes to politics. All I care about is that we remain a Constitutional Republic beholden to Constitutional Law. I'll vote for anyone who supports that regardless of race, color, or creed. The Democrats are for an unbridled Democracy where the majority rules regardless of Constitutional Law. They've repeatedly stated that they are for a living breathing Constitution that has not kept up with modern times. Which for all intents and purpose means that the Constitution means what THEY say it means, regardless of its true meaning and original intent. Rendering it as worthless as the paper that it's printed on.

Quote:
Constitutional Republic:

A Constitutional Republic is a form of government where the head of state and other officials are elected as representatives of the people, representatives mandated to govern according to existing constitutional law. It is because of this mandate that the elected class in a Constitutional Republic is limited in their power over the citizenry. The United States of America was created as and intended to survive as a Constitutional Republic.

Our Constitutional Republic is separated into three separate but equal branches of government; the Executive, Legislative and Judicial, represented by the Presidency, Congress and the Courts. Because of this no branch has a rein on absolute power thus assuring that there will be checks and balances to the governmental system and protection for the rule of law.

Through the elected representation employed by our Constitutional Republic the influence of the majority is tempered by protections for individual rights as mandated by constitutional law. Our form of government is deliberate in its attempt to thwart majoritarianism, thereby protecting political dissent and individuals and minority groups from the "tyranny of the majority" by placing checks on the power of the majority of the population. The power of the majority of the people is checked by limiting that power to electing representatives who are required to legislate with limits of overarching constitutional law which a simple majority cannot modify.

"A pure unbridled democracy is a political system in which the majority enjoys absolute power by means of democratic elections. In an unvarnished democracy, unrestrained by a constitution, the majority can vote to impose tyranny on themselves and the minority opposition. They can vote to elect those who will infringe upon our inalienable God-given rights. Thomas Jefferson referred to this as elected despotism in Notes on the State of Virginia (also cited in Federalist 48 by Madison):"

Old 12-25-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:

Americans are fighting for American, not to become a CCP satellite. Please read 100 Year Marathon if you have any doubt or look at what is going on in Australia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies