Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2021, 06:44 PM

63,072 posts, read 29,269,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Hate (and anger) is often irrational and/or expressed in extreme stereotypes/exaggeration. Absent rationality, there can be no middle ground.
Oh just stop with this. I don't hate nor am I angry I just object to the policies of the liberal left. Why do you have to put unwarranted labels on everything that doesn't apply?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2021, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone1791 View Post
I think that's a lot of wishful thinking, and not too much attention to U.S. history. Existing citizens in the past have almost always decried any influx of immigrants, be they Italians, Poles, Irish, et al., regardless of whether they came from Europe or not. It seems the best thing to "keep us together" would be a common enemy. Unfortunately, the outgoing administration tried to make a large portion of the U.S. as the "enemy." Ourselves! This should be avoided. In my view, we should all get together and fight against ignorance.
The objection is to illegal immigration not legal immigration in reasonable numbers. That's my sentiments and was also the sentiments of Trump. Why would you find fault with that? How did Trump supposedly make a large portion of the U.S the enemy? Objecting to leftist policies and those who support it is somehow construed as being the enemy? Is that how you view the opposing parties and views?

Old 01-05-2021, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
see what I mean.. prime example right here.

If you can’t get into a university or lose your gig to an immigrant you probably suck at
your gig or work in an industry that has a low learning curve.

If Jose or Juan can cross the boarder and steal your gig I do feel sorry
for you.
I see, so Jose or Juan crosses the border illegally and is willing to work for far less than an American getting a fair wage and the greedy employer hires them to increase their profits it's the American's fault for losing their job? Are you joking?

Old 01-05-2021, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Atleast oldglory is inhis 70s and served in police i think and posts are polite. Kavalier is in 30s something and speaks as if he is in the 1930s
Thank you. I wasn't a policeman though. There is nothing xenophobic about objecting to illegal immigration when you embrace legal immigration in reasonable numbers. These pro-illegals throw that label around regardless though to demonize those of us who are for respecting the enforcement of our immigration laws. They are either an illegal alien themselves, have family or friends that are or hire them for profit. Then there are the stupid bleeding heart liberals without a brain in their heads to. It's a selfish, anti-American agenda either way.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:27 PM

8,742 posts, read 3,919,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You'd have to be insane to work with liberals. Their views are so far bizarre and anti-American.
Quote:
Why do you have to put unwarranted labels on everything that doesn't apply?
The irony is hilarious considering (most of) your posts involve rampant political (and other) stereotypes/labeling.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:43 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,046,125 times
Quote:
Thank you. I wasn't a policeman though. There is nothing xenophobic about objecting to illegal immigration when you embrace legal immigration in reasonable numbers. These pro-illegals throw that label around regardless though to demonize those of us who are for respecting the enforcement of our immigration laws. They are either an illegal alien themselves, have family or friends that are or hire them for profit. Then there are the stupid bleeding heart liberals without a brain in their heads to. It's a selfish, anti-American agenda either way.
In principle i too agree with you in most cases. I am boderline conservative in my values interms of respect for tradition culture country pilice military etc. i wirk in an industry that could be easily label d conservative too. ( but i often go after radical republicans in this forum)

I dont blindly support the cool stuff like most youngsters do and dont oppose trump either.

But interms of illegals , they wouldnt be crossing the border if they had the education and knowhow to come legally. I say whack the criminals and still support the destitute. Most americans are welcoming and they would agree too.

There was a time when we had to lose jobs because of lack of autrization while the dacas and south americans laughed at us for standing in the legal queue. But its wat it is.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:48 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,539,736 times
The American dream train has come to a stop
It is running on -Cheap foreign goods, labor and 46% of Americans working
Not enough fuel to move a train so full of non paying passengers

Old 01-05-2021, 09:11 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,046,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
The American dream train has come to a stop
It is running on -Cheap foreign goods, labor and 46% of Americans working
Not enough fuel to move a train so full of non paying passengers
First class is full and they control the driver

Old 01-05-2021, 09:39 PM

1,378 posts, read 739,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Like the post but one correction. The US did not take Texas from Mexico. Texicans (Mexican citizens) won it from Mexico in a war of independence in 1836. It was a sovereign country until 1845 when it voluntarily joined the US.
In a way they did..a lot of the people in Texas were from the US and Mexico has closed immigration back in 1829, making anyone who came over at that time, illegal.

Quote:
Americans have always done those jobs for a fair wage until millions of cheap illegal aliens flooded our border and they cost us over $100 billion a year! As for picking crops we have unlimited visas for those jobs. Try again!
No they didnt. If it was fair and competitive and they had skills, then they wouldn't be out of a job.

Old 01-06-2021, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
In a way they did..a lot of the people in Texas were from the US and Mexico has closed immigration back in 1829, making anyone who came over at that time, illegal.

No they didnt. If it was fair and competitive and they had skills, then they wouldn't be out of a job.
You're really hopelessly clueless, aren't you? Sure, these poor, uneducated illegal aliens come across our border with tons of skills, LOL! If they were so skillful their own countries would want to keep them! You're a lost cause because you continually deny the truth and you know it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies