Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 05:51 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,503,087 times

Advertisements

Some on this thread need to go see the wizard about a heart,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2020, 05:55 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,715,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Don't worry, OnOurWayHome, I'm sure your corrupt party will award the seat to a Democrat, just like they're doing in the IA and NY districts they lost.
^^^This was Post # 3 in a thread about the tragic death, of a young healthy man, from the disease that is ravaging our nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
What a disgusting post. You're the one talking about the political implications. Two little kids lost their dad and you come on here to accuse me of taking political advantage of his death. Disgraceful.
^^^I am in agreement with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Whenever I question why I'm conservative, someone like you comes along. Thanks, lady.
Still trying to turn this thread and public health into a Red and Blue issue with this feigned grievance, are you?
SARS-CoV-2 does not recognize political affiliation... all it searches for is a human.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 12-30-2020 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: spelling correction

Old 12-30-2020, 05:58 AM

5,112 posts, read 2,057,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Just imagine all the people that wearv mask all the time, doing everything right and they still die. All that for nothing.
If it's meant to be its meant to be at that point.
I saw that twitter post where someone mentionned the doctors also used remdesivir along with steroids. https://twitter.com/cynthial3/status...23632348508160

Old 12-30-2020, 06:06 AM

445 posts, read 168,728 times
Looks like a hit job to me.

RIP

Old 12-30-2020, 06:21 AM

771 posts, read 301,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
It is a worthless piece of cloth....the masks are a feel good measure at best. There is no difference in rona rates in maskie dominated areas vs areas that reject them. Same for lockdowns. Expecting a cloth mask to stop a tiny virus is like expecting a chain link fence to stop a piece of dust from blowing through it. Only medical grade masks will have any impact at all. If those were available I would at least concede that those do actually reduce transmission and they would be worth wearing. Cloth masks however are worthless.

It is a tragedy that people are dying but belief that these foolish measures actually save any lives at all is a true threat to personal liberty. We should be focused on getting that vaccine distributed at “warp speed” and then once that is done we should focus on punishing China for what they have done.
Well constructed cloth masks can be even better than a surgical mask according to the study below.

Quote:
So how good is a good cloth mask? The best homemade cloth masks actually achieved better filtration (79 percent) than surgical masks (62 percent to 65 percent) in a peer-reviewed study at the Wake Forest Institute of Regenerative Medicine published in April. In the study, the best cloth masks were made of heavyweight quilter’s cotton with a thread count of 180 or more. Masks with even thicker thread, tightly woven like a batik, and double-layer masks with a basic cotton outer and flannel inner also proved effective.

“We don’t want people people to think that just any piece of cloth is good enough and have a false sense of security,” said Dr. Scott Segal, the study’s originator who is chair of anesthesiology at Wake Forest Baptist Health in Winston-Salem, N.C.

In the study, a team of doctors and scientists used particulate filtration to test 13 designs from about 400 masks made by community volunteers.
https://healthnewshub.org/cloth-mask...ctive-is-each/

Old 12-30-2020, 06:23 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,925,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
How long was he sick? I don't know him from Tom, Dick or Harry so I can't say for certain if his politics were a contributing factor or if he had a family get-together that spread the virus to him.
Just before Christmas

Old 12-30-2020, 06:24 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,811,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Yeah, it's pretty astounding.

11,411 posts, read 7,819,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
True. And others need to ask him for a brain.

9,500 posts, read 2,925,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
Diagnosed Dec 18. Hospitalized Dec 19. He probably had pretty good care since he was chief of staff of the previous US congressman from LA.
https://www.npr.org/2020/12/30/95133...tling-covid-19

Sad. I wonder if he had some underlying condition. His death is an oddity for CV19, so maybe his passing will further research into this odd virus.
Pray for his family.
He had a cardiac arrest, I believe.

Old 12-30-2020, 06:28 AM

20,127 posts, read 16,183,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
He refused to wear a mask at his campaign events. You sometimes come up craps when you roll the dice with your life. He owed his wife and kids more.
Every single person I know who got Covid after they started telling us to wear masks were people who wore them all the time. They have told us over and over and over that the masks were to protect others. The masks may help prevent the spread but they still have limited ability to do that, regardless.

We shouldn’t blame victims of Covid for getting it, most have “done everything right”. People who have lost loved ones to this vile virus do not need people insinuating they deserved it or it was their fault they got it. Their loss is bad enough without a bunch of insensitive twits using it as an opportunity to score political hits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies