Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 11:40 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times

Advertisements

There are Covid restrictions in place. Break the rules, expect a visit. The police attend to break up the gathering. Here in Vancouver, they have issued fines, but mainly when the perpetrators get in the cops face.

Most of these parties, at least in Vancouver, tend to be in apartments/condo's. They start out as noise complaints.

It's a very small group of people that break these gathering rules. Selfish idiots.

Comparing this to fascism is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 11:51 AM

25,744 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
There are Covid restrictions in place. Break the rules, expect a visit. The police attend to break up the gathering. Here in Vancouver, they have issued fines, but mainly when the perpetrators get in the cops face.

Most of these parties, at least in Vancouver, tend to be in apartments/condo's. They start out as noise complaints.

It's a very small group of people that break these gathering rules. Selfish idiots.

Comparing this to fascism is ridiculous.
It's not comparing it to fascism... it IS fascism. What other sorts of "restrictions" do you wish to have in place? If you support restricting healthy people gathering for a holiday, then you support pretty much any restriction the government can dream up.

(note: we don't assume people are diseased unless there is good reason to make that assumption)

Old 01-03-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
It's not comparing it to fascism... it IS fascism. What other sorts of "restrictions" do you wish to have in place? If you support restricting healthy people gathering for a holiday, then you support pretty much any restriction the government can dream up.

(note: we don't assume people are diseased unless there is good reason to make that assumption)
Your attitude, and the attitude of the people breaking the gathering rules, is exactly the reason the virus keeps spreading.

Healthy people? We know for a fact that the virus can spread from someone who is asymptomatic. The highlighted part shows you don't fully understand how the virus is spreading.

You can Google many " family gatherings " where people thought they were healthy, but ended up spreading the virus to love ones.

We've know this for months. This was back in June.

"According to health officials, 15 recent cases have been linked to a family gathering in the Fraser Health region, which includes most of the Lower Mainland outside of Vancouver and North Vancouver."

https://www.surreynowleader.com/news...ily-gathering/

Did these people think they were all healthy? Of course they did, but darn, aunt Jennie " looked " healthy

However, as long as people don't have the capacity to understand this, then people will continue to get sick, and continue to die.

Old 01-03-2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Your attitude, and the attitude of the people breaking the gathering rules, is exactly the reason the virus keeps spreading.

Healthy people? We know for a fact that the virus can spread from someone who is asymptomatic. The highlighted part shows you don't fully understand how the virus is spreading.

You can Google many " family gatherings " where people thought they were healthy, but ended up spreading the virus to love ones.

We've know this for months. This was back in June.

"According to health officials, 15 recent cases have been linked to a family gathering in the Fraser Health region, which includes most of the Lower Mainland outside of Vancouver and North Vancouver."

https://www.surreynowleader.com/news...ily-gathering/

Did these people think they were all healthy? Of course they did, but darn, aunt Jennie " looked " healthy

However, as long as people don't have the capacity to understand this, then people will continue to get sick, and continue to die.
Again, in a just society, we don't assume guilt until guilt is proven. If you want society to keep breaking down, continue to breach that edict.

Old 01-03-2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Again, in a just society, we don't assume guilt until guilt is proven. If you want society to keep breaking down, continue to breach that edict.
This has NOTHING to do with guilt.

This is a VIRUS.

A just society tries to protects it's citizens.

A smart society knows the difference between temporary health measures and fascism.

The society that doesn't is the one that will suffer more.

Someone who knows that the virus can spread from someone showing no symptoms, but still encourages behaviour that continues to spread the virus and make people sick and die, isn't someone that understands what society is.

Old 01-03-2021, 12:16 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
The Salem Witch Trials redux

Old 01-03-2021, 12:36 PM

Quote:
This has NOTHING to do with guilt.

This is a VIRUS.
Yes, it's a virus. A virus that I do not have. And I'm not going to go around pretending that I do have it.

You tyrannists have finally come up with the perfect bogey man society wherein nobody knows who the bogey man is... so we ALL have to be punished as bogey men.

Sorry, won't participate. You can just guillotine me if that's how far you want to take it. You can test my dead, decapitated body for covid, and when it comes up negative, you can just say, "Well... he could have had it. Better safe than sorry. That 0.14% mortality rate is nothing to dink around with."

Old 01-03-2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, it's a virus. A virus that I do not have. And I'm not going to go around pretending that I do have it.

You tyrannists have finally come up with the perfect bogey man society wherein nobody knows who the bogey man is... so we ALL have to be punished as bogey men.

Sorry, won't participate. You can just guillotine me if that's how far you want to take it. You can test my dead, decapitated body for covid, and when it comes up negative, you can just say, "Well... he could have had it. Better safe than sorry. That 0.14% mortality rate is nothing to dink around with."
I truly hope you don't catch it and up laying in a hospital bed, cursing the person who gave it to you.

I'll stay on the side of medical science on this one.

Question. Do you now understand how asymptomatic people can spread the virus? If you do, how do you reconcile with yourself about possibly spreading it? If you don't, why do you ignore medical facts?

Old 01-03-2021, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I truly hope you don't catch it and up laying in a hospital bed, cursing the person who gave it to you.

I'll stay on the side of medical science on this one.

Question. Do you now understand how asymptomatic people can spread the virus? If you do, how do you reconcile with yourself about possibly spreading it? If you don't, why do you ignore medical facts?
Yes, I certainly do. But in my opinion, the forfeiture of rights is not worth the implementation of tyranny. I would prefer to die rather than impose tyranny upon my countrymen or have it imposed upon me. Too many very wise men have warned us against it in the past. I'll head their warnings.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Franklin

Those words were uttered when diseases were common that had a 30% or 50% or more mortality rate, rather than the 0.14% mortality rate that we now have with covid. If they were true when contracting a disease was commonly a death sentence, they are most certainly true now when contracting covid is no worse than a cold for the overwhelming majority (notice I said "majority," not "all") of those who contract it.

And I know that sounds very cold for you leftist types. You'll just have to accept that we have far different philosophies on life, governance, and society. I say that knowing that there is no way you will accept that difference. It's your way or no way. Therein lies our problem as a nation: two mutually exclusive philosophies that cannot coexist in peace because one is the philosophy of tyranny. That is why we need to separate ourselves--for the sanity and benefit of both sides.

But again, I say that knowing you folks would never accept such a solution. Power over others is too important for you to just give it up so easily.

Old 01-03-2021, 01:56 PM

9,094 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
What? The authorities are being pansies; they went way too light on the vermin. Why not make a spectacle of them like the SS would have in 1930s Germany to scare the living **** out of the sheep? Why didn't they just pull UZIs out and mow those six subhumans down? They've got to start showing people that they will do what they are told or else.
Ugh! Sounds like China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies