Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 01:11 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,574,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You're dealing with Nanny State, bed wetters, afraid of their own shadow that believe everything the Communist Propaganda MEDIA tells them.

This is not the Plague. This is an old/sick person virus, not worthy of the shut downs and economic and life chaos that government and MEDIA has put in place.
My nephew isn't old and he got it, recovered, but still has lung issues. It's been 8 months.

Ya, it's a worldwide conspiracy to limit American freedoms. The lizard people at work!

Seriously, when someone calls Canada a Nanny State etc, the adults in the room just shake their heads at the ignorance.

I know though that you are just pushing buttons, since you have posted in the past that you actually could live in Canada. Vancouver if I remember.

Awkward.

Last edited by Natnasci; 01-04-2021 at 01:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2021, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Here’s a recent heartbreaking example from the U.S.:

“A son is warning that short visits — even with precautions like testing and masks — can be unsafe during the COVID-19 pandemic, after his parents died of the virus following a quick visit with him and his sister.”

https://people.com/health/couple-mar...rything-right/
Very sad, but unfortunately some here in this thread think of this as collateral damage.

Until it happens to them or someone they love.

Old 01-04-2021, 01:22 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,748,112 times
I don't want to live in a world where governing bodies are encouraging people to rat out their neighbors.

Old 01-04-2021, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't want to live in a world where governing bodies are encouraging people to rat out their neighbors.
We aren't.

This is being done by CONCERNED citizens.

It's a more serious offence than having a noisy party and plenty of people call the police for that.

In fact, most of these fines have been because people called in to complain about a noisy party. The police only find out that they are not all members of the same household until they arrive.

Here in Vancouver people are only to go to pubs and restaurants with members of their own household. When our provincial health officer was asked should staff be checking to see if these people are in the same household, the answer was an emphatic NO. She stated that we are trusting people to do the right thing.

So this silly thread is another attempt to try and paint Canada as some Commie State ( thank Pilot1) when the opposite is true.

This isn't just happening in Canada, reporting, I mean. Just south of me in the USA

https://www.theolympian.com/news/sta...247770970.html

Last edited by Natnasci; 01-04-2021 at 01:48 PM..

Old 01-04-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
We aren't.

This is being done by CONCERNED citizens.

It's a more serious offence than having a noisy party and plenty of people call the police for that.

In fact, most of these fines have been because people called in to complain about a noisy party. The police only find out that they are not all members of the same household until they arrive.

Here in Vancouver people are only to go to pubs and restaurants with members of their own household. When our provincial health officer was asked should staff be checking to see if these people are in the same household, the answer was an emphatic NO. She stated that we are trusting people to do the right thing.

So this silly thread is another attempt to try and paint Canada as some Commie State ( thank Pilot1) when the opposite is true.

This isn't just happening in Canada, reporting, I mean. Just south of me in the USA

https://www.theolympian.com/news/sta...247770970.html
Good regarding the bolded.

LA mayor Garcetti and the goon running NYC have openly requested people rat others out. NYC even setup a hotline but later rescinded that.

Old 01-04-2021, 02:35 PM

45,241 posts, read 26,477,444 times
Quote:
How about living a world where gangsters can put you out of work, out of your business, out of your church, out of your school...

Old 01-04-2021, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
How about living a world where gangsters can put you out of work, out of your business, out of your church, out of your school...
Yeah, no kidding. Not sure how much longer the American people are going to put up with it. Especially since the rules are so completely unevenly applied in some states.

Crap for brains CA governor eating with lots of people indoors while us peasants can't. The are trying to recall that crap for brain idiot and I hope that they do.

Successful recalls effectively end political careers. I wouldn't let him run a lemonade stand.

Old 01-04-2021, 02:53 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,849,038 times
Why are so many posters on this thread butting their noses into another country's business? How Canada handles Covid or any issue within Canada is THEIR sovereign right. They don't need to clear it with any of you.

Old 01-04-2021, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Why are so many posters on this thread butting their noses into another country's business? How Canada handles Covid or any issue within Canada is THEIR sovereign right. They don't need to clear it with any of you.
I agree.

Not to be argumentative here, but there are a handful of regular Canadian posters that seem to have lots of views on how we run things here.

Old 01-04-2021, 03:08 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,849,038 times
Quote:
I agree.

Not to be argumentative here, but there are a handful of regular Canadian posters that seem to have lots of views on how we run things here.
Yes. And I would say (and do say) the same thing to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies