Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 06:41 PM

8,047 posts, read 10,638,176 times

Advertisements

I'm not really seeing many "President Biden" inspirational threads.

You know, threads about the "newly elected" President of the United States, how awesome and strong he is, what he's going to do in office, positive changes he will make, etc. Just, little to no excitement about the new administration. A few random "so glad things will be normal again" (whatever the heck that means). Mostly I'm still seeing Trump is the devil posts. Well, he may be, but he was our devil, and at least he was AWAKE. While late night hosts gush and slobber over Biden, their material will definitely suffer. They may have to try to actually write material and be funny again.

I mean you got your man in (and woman), so where is the enthusiasm? Yeah, I know, the Orange Goblin is gone, yipee! But where is the hope and vitality regarding the administration you have installed into power? (If it was indeed done legitimately.) Not seeing it, not feeling it, not hearing it, even from those of my family friends that voted for him and complained about ego-maniac Trump for 4 years. There's just this kind of a hush.....

Saw Biden feebly stumbling through a speech with a teleprompter today, barely able to articulate. So pathetic. This is the leader of the (once) greatest nation in the world? Really? Do you think any nation in the world is intimidated by an old man at this stage of deterioration? I like Joe Biden. I always have. I was an avid an Obama/Biden supporter. Go back and look at my posts from 2008 if you doubt me. But, he is not the same man he was 10 or 15 years ago. I watched my father's decline from a very smart man to one who had a hard time grasping the world around him. I know what it looks like. And I see it in Joe. I see it in his eyes, and I hear it in his weary voice.

Come on' Man. You thought the rest of the world was laughing at us with Trump at the helm? They are just plain sorry for us now.

Old 01-04-2021, 06:44 PM

317 posts, read 239,247 times
In 15 more days

Old 01-04-2021, 06:53 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
People don't feel the need to be bragging on him, he won and their happy. It seems the faithful are the one continually trying to sell their boy who is really reeking like week old fish...

Old 01-04-2021, 07:00 PM

1,155 posts, read 963,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
There's just this kind of a hush...
...because we are holding our breath in hopes that the madman in the White House doesn't destroy more of our democracy, corrupt more elected officials, or incite more partisan violence during his last two weeks in office.

Old 01-04-2021, 07:00 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,947,870 times
What’s there to talk about, the poor man can’t even put two words together, let alone an independent thought.

81 million votes, lmao . . . in yo’ dreams.

Old 01-04-2021, 07:02 PM

6,824 posts, read 14,036,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuninja View Post
in 15 more days
exactly!

Old 01-04-2021, 07:17 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
they wont be able to blame Trump anymore. Thats for sure. Like on The Five (a Fox news pundit show).. Juan Williams ALWAYS uses the red herring of whenever anyone on the panel brings up a problem, Juan Williams ALWAYS turns it to blame Trump. this will be funny to watch him and other pundits when Trump wont be around to blame, what they will say now.

Old 01-04-2021, 07:21 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,219,394 times
The simple fact is that many, perhaps even most, people who voted for Biden/Harris did so as a vote against Trump/Pence. So they may not be enthusiastic voters. They still made their choice, and that choice still counts. And the level of, in some cases blind, devotion some Trump supporters had for Trump is simply not typical (for good reason - cult of personality is not a recipe for good policy) so it is not likely we will ever see that for Biden.

Old 01-04-2021, 07:26 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I'm not really seeing many "President Biden" inspirational threads.

You know, threads about the "newly elected" President of the United States, how awesome and strong he is ...
We don't worship him as a cult figure. Biden will be a nice guy to have as POTUS, as opposed to somebody to worship.

There will eventually be threads congratulating Biden for some accomplishment or another, but they will probably be low key. We consider that to be a strength, not a weakness. Worshiping a politician is a weakness; having low-key admiration is a strength, and much healthier as well, I might add. The reason for that is because if Biden does something bad, or disappoints, or something bad happens to him, we won't get super-upset and go into denial like the Trumpies do when the same has happened to Trump.

Last edited by James Bond 007; 01-04-2021 at 07:38 PM..

Old 01-04-2021, 07:27 PM

2,903 posts, read 993,620 times
It's so great how Biden doesn't mock people with disabilities.
I'm hoping that with the new administration, the educational system in our country will get an overhaul... you know, with people who actually know what they're doing. We're currently living in the movie Idiocracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies