Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 01:54 PM

14,995 posts, read 12,204,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
They're not attacking the Capitol right now.

But all their destruction and attacks on police officers and bystanders were just fine by you, eh?

Nice try at dodging the question, though....

Old 01-06-2021, 01:55 PM

45,265 posts, read 26,522,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
They locked us up in our homes, muzzled our face, suppressed our freedom of speech, called us white supremacists, threatened to take away our second amendment, belittled and demeaned us, lied to us for YEARS and cheated an election..

What did they expect would happen?
Their arrogance blinded them

Old 01-06-2021, 01:56 PM

17,474 posts, read 9,303,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Anything burned? Anything destroyed? Anybody shot?

Just people marching at the people's capitol.
I just read that Capital police shot somebody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieboy43 View Post
Exactly. Been building up since 2016. The Russian hoax, the BLM and antifa groups not penalized. The democrats outrage, media outrage. The 100% fraudulent 2020 election. Time for Republicans to blow off some steam. The Republicans particularly the Trumpsters have been too nice. Time to vent...
We are either a Nation of Law and Order or we become this. That decision was made a long time ago when the Riots were supported by the Leftists. Promoted by the Corrupt Media AND their were Zero Consequences.

As Adm. Yamamoto once observed, “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”

Old 01-06-2021, 01:56 PM

5,350 posts, read 3,236,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
democrats are ok with it
I thought my question was pretty clear. Stay with me, I didn't ask about Democrats.

I asked if YOU were ok with the violence and rioting. Sure sounds like it. Odd considering MAGA claims to be "backing the blue" and for "law and order".

We're not 5 years old so "but mommy that other boy jumped off a bridge so I can too" doesn't apply here.

Old 01-06-2021, 02:04 PM

8,289 posts, read 3,528,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"Look what you made me do!" is the excuse of wifebeaters and terrorists.
And Taylor Swift.

Old 01-06-2021, 02:04 PM
bu2

24,116 posts, read 14,943,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
I thought my question was pretty clear. Stay with me, I didn't ask about Democrats.

I asked if YOU were ok with the violence and rioting. Sure sounds like it. Odd considering MAGA claims to be "backing the blue" and for "law and order".

We're not 5 years old so "but mommy that other boy jumped off a bridge so I can too" doesn't apply here.
Other than breaking some windows, I haven't seen any violence or rioting. Just people strolling around the Capitol taking pictures. Taking selfies. Looks like a bunch of tourists who happen to have beards and painted faces.

Old 01-06-2021, 02:05 PM

11,232 posts, read 8,328,421 times
Quote:
Anything burned? Anything destroyed? Anybody shot?

Just people marching at the people's capitol.
One shot and killed, 5 hospitalized (before sundown), and the Capital broken into, vandalized.

If anything, if you support this violent protest, maybe now you understand how the African American community might have felt. They've been getting killed by the police for decades, and when they peacefully protest (Take a knee) the ACTUAL POTUS lambasts them on Twitter. When they get shot, the killer gets off, when they get discriminated against, they are gaslighted.

But now, you have one fake claim of election fraud that has TOTALLY been debunked, and after just one percieved wrong, they are trying to overthrow the government and threatinging our lawmakers.

You OK with it? Just to be clear, I'm not OK with any of it.

Old 01-06-2021, 02:06 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,096,876 times
Quote:
Other than breaking some windows, I haven't seen any violence or rioting. Just people strolling around the Capitol taking pictures. Taking selfies. Looks like a bunch of tourists who happen to have beards and painted faces.
There's videos of the protesters knocking down barricades and tussling w/ LE officers standing opposite them.

Old 01-06-2021, 02:07 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,415,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
democrats are ok with it
Nope, were ok with peaceful protests. I have always called for those breaking the law to face consequences. Maybe if you understood the difference this wouldn't be happening.

Old 01-06-2021, 02:11 PM

5,350 posts, read 3,236,439 times
Quote:
Haha yeah and the MAGA who "back the blue" were just hugging the cops, I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies