Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2021, 09:27 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The penalty for treason is death.
It's almost like you have no ****ing clue what the definition of treason is. Why don't you go read that Constitution you pretend to support.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:28 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
A serious threat has now been defined as someone disobeying a command and moving towards the officers or in some cases away from the officers, i can guarantee you that there isnt precedent of a cop being convicted because of that, and how qualified immunity works this is a non starter.
Yep, this is one cop whose exoneration I will applaud. In the midst of a violent attempt to overtake a federal building, one of the perps was shot and killed while attempting an illegal entry with nefarious intentions, while said cop was charged with keeping people safe behind him. Completely justified. It's a no-brainer.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:30 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
I watched multiple videos of the woman getting shot inside the Capitol building. She was unarmed, she was not attacking anyone, so why was she shot? The officer who shot her could have easily detained and arrested her instead of shooting her to death.

Ashli Babbitt, the woman who was murdered by the officer in cold blood, was a military veteran from San Diego.

A couple of broken windows does not warrant shooting someone to death.
Not fun when the shoes on the other foot is it? You would see mass tear gassing and more deaths had the rioters been not white. Yesterday rioters got off easy.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:31 AM

3,830 posts, read 1,383,053 times
Quote:
//snip/ She was unarmed, she was not attacking anyone, so why was she shot? //snip/.
Advancing, when already at arms length with firearm already drawn and pointing at you - sorry man, training kicks in at that point.

Now amplify with additional circumstances: your protectorate just feet behind you, trespassers breaking final physical barrier (hostile) and entering (crossing 'the line') (probably also ignoring verbal warnings).

I am deeply saddened for the woman, her family, AND the officer and his family. A sad situation.

2,941 posts, read 1,785,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
1) She was either trespassing or breaking and entering, both are misdemeanors.
2) Antifa and BLM were breaking into police stations for months, none of them were killed.
3) If an unarmed woman was breaking into a police station they would just laugh at her.
4) For the cop to shoot her, he would need to believe she posed a serious threat. I watched the videos countless times. I don't see it.
4. And from my perspective if I am told to hold a hallway and ANYONE comes through a window with a backpack on I see a serious threat. Just because you are not trained to see serious threats doesn't mean that it is not a threat. You are also not in the situation where your building is being stormed by angry protestors that are damaging property and smashing windows/doors apart.

3,405 posts, read 2,734,101 times
So to sum up, hands off and stand down when it's a leftist cause like BLM and Antifa, but shoot to kill when it's rightie performing their duty "to throw off such government....." ?
Got it.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:34 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
So to sum up, hands off and stand down when it's a leftist cause like BLM and Antifa, but shoot to kill when it's rightie performing their duty "to throw off such government....." ?
Got it.
You "got" nothing. She posed a direct threat to the people that cop was protecting. She was taken down. As she should have been.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:35 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
What is tragic is that a former member of our Service who took an oath, believed the lies of trump and lost her life for it.

Quote:
I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
https://www.thebalancecareers.com/oa...rs%20appointed

Old 01-07-2021, 09:35 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
4. And from my perspective if I am told to hold a hallway and ANYONE comes through a window with a backpack on I see a serious threat. Just because you are not trained to see serious threats doesn't mean that it is not a threat. You are also not in the situation where your building is being stormed by angry protestors that are damaging property and smashing windows/doors apart.
She hadn't even made it through the door when he shot her. I doubt he even saw a backpack. You're just making excuses for the guy. Look at the video, there was a whole swat team 10 feet behind her.

So let me ask you again. Would you have shot her? And please answer the question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qTh...ctr=1610039031

Old 01-07-2021, 09:37 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
I should also add that...The Capitol Building is paid for and maintained for by our tax dollars.
It's OUR building. A few broken windows does not warrant the excessive use of lethal force or labelling people as "terrorists" which is what the media did.

The BLM & Antifa protesters have done far worse, burning down entire city blocks, and yet the police have never shot them to my knowledge.
So are all the FBI buildings. Try breaking into one of those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies