Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2021, 04:51 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Who cares if she is a woman or not? She's a USAF veteran who did TOD in the Middle East, she's not some little shrinking violet, the delicate female flower. If you watch the videos I posted, she definitely isn't the "little woman" type. She's the type who will throw a stink when a man holds the door open for her because "I can open my own damn doors!"

What women like her need to understand is that, when you are choosing to act as aggressively as she did, you need to be prepared to accept and take full on any blow back that results from your actions. You don't get to yell "IT"S ON!!!!!" and curl up and go "please don't hurt me" in the same breath.

I'm a woman and I say she got exactly what she deserved.
Exactly! But that's what a lot of them do. They need to understand that there are consequences for their actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
It sickens me every time I think about it. A veteran was shot in cold blood and its a horrific incident. I feel for the woman's husband. No one deserves to be murdered, no matter what color or race. What bothers me most was that it was so unnecessary. The country as a whole should be ashamed.
That veteran deserve what she got. End of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
She will go down in history and recognized as a true American patriot though!!!

Have to remember 'TRUE patriots' are usually always considered criminals/traitors initially.
Nope she'll be recognized as the idiot that she was in fact most people probably will even forget she exists

Old 01-10-2021, 04:58 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,678,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
Law & Order is revanchist code for 'Stand back and let them kill any non-whites/non-males/non-straight/non-Christians who get too uppity'.
Let me get you up to speed...the lady killed, the only protestor killed in all the summer of love protests until now, was white. Guess that goes against your narrative.

Old 01-10-2021, 05:02 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Let me get you up to speed...the lady killed, the only protestor killed in all the summer of love protests until now, was white. Guess that goes against your narrative.
Yeah and the loan police officer who shot the unarmed, nonviolent white female protester to death is black. Of course that is just apparently incidental and no one wants us to know about the identity and background of the officer.

Old 01-10-2021, 05:02 PM

12,451 posts, read 9,540,640 times
60 police officers were injured, 15 hospitalized and one beaten to death by these "peaceful protesters", who also killed one of their own - they trampled her to death. They were chanting "Hang Mike Pence!" "Where's Nancy?" as they tried to hunt down the members of Congress that they had discussed executing online. They carried clubs, guns and molotov cocktails and planted bombs. How anyone could call these people "peaceful" is beyond the wildest imagination.

Old 01-10-2021, 05:06 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
60 police officers were injured, 15 hospitalized and one beaten to death by these "peaceful protesters", who also killed one of their own - they trampled her to death. They were chanting "Hang Mike Pence!" "Where's Nancy?" as they tried to hunt down the members of Congress that they had discussed executing online. They carried clubs, guns and molotov cocktails and planted bombs. How anyone could call these people "peaceful" is beyond the wildest imagination.
If they had found Pence or Pelosi they would be dead now. No one who watched that mob descend on that cop could ever doubt otherwise. And Ashli was leading that effort as she attempted to cross a barrier to get to them.

So what, are we supposed to mourn because a terrorist wasn't successful in reaching her target? That seems exactly like what many here are saying.

Old 01-10-2021, 05:12 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
If they were attempting to overturn an election by force why didn’t the protestors bring guns? You know most Republicans own guns, lots of guns. Seems kinda silly not to bring them if their goal was to force them to change the election outcome.
They were at a Trump Rally first, do they allow guns at those rallies?

Old 01-10-2021, 05:14 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yeah and the loan police officer who shot the unarmed, nonviolent white female protester to death is black. Of course that is just apparently incidental and no one wants us to know about the identity and background of the officer.
She was "nonviolent"? I consider trying to breech an office with congressional reps to be violent and I bet you would too if she stood outside your house busting your window and attempting to enter your house, wouldn't you?

Old 01-10-2021, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
She was "nonviolent"? I consider trying to breech an office with congressional reps to be violent and I bet you would too if she stood outside your house busting your window and attempting to enter your house, wouldn't you?
She and those with her were attempting to locate the lawmakers. They did not have tea and cookies in mind when they found them. I'm guessing a number of people staunchly defending her wish they had been successful in their mission.

Old 01-10-2021, 05:29 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
She and those with her were attempting to locate the lawmakers. They did not have tea and cookies in mind when they found them. I'm guessing a number of people staunchly defending her wish they had been successful in their mission.
You have no way of knowing what she or those with her would've done if she had encountered a congressmember. For all you or anyone knows she might've just told or yelled at the member what she thought of the election and that it shouldn't be certified. All we do know is an officer shot her dead for merely propping up on a door window.

Most of the people apparently just wanted to march through the capitol and possibly yell at any lawmakers they may encounter.

Last edited by mtl1; 01-10-2021 at 05:37 PM..

Old 01-10-2021, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You have no idea what she or those with her would've done if she had encountered a congressmember. For all you or anyone knows she might've just told or yelled at the member what she thought of the election and that it shouldn't be certified. All we do know is an officer shot her down for merely propping up on a door window.
Yeah, that was my first thought as I watched the videos of the angry mobs breaking down doors. They just want to shout at the lawmakers, that's all. Yell a few insults, or maybe really burn them by sticking their tongues out at them. Whew, that would show them!

Then they would all simply wish them well, apologize for the mess, and turn around and go home, right? Because they went to all the trouble of ripping past barriers and breaking down doors just because they wanted to insult Nancy Pelosi for a minute.

I know even you don't believe this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies