Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2021, 11:16 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,616,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
No doubt that storming a Federal building is an escalation. And we can debate about how it should be responded to. My point is, the heavy-handed tactic that certain people are advocating would cause the very thing they don't want. Killing this woman was a terrible thing, not just because she wasn't a threat and didn't deserve to die, but her death won't discourage this kind of behavior it will embolden it.

Trust me, when I first heard about this whole storming the capitol, I just kind of shrugged, because I know it was just some angry people who will go home afterwards and nothing will come from it. But when I learned what happened to this girl, it threw me into a rage. And it made me want to drive across the country to find the bastard who did it.

Trying them for treason would have been the dumbest thing he could possibly do. In the first place he would have had to prove that secession is treason.

Also, by basically threatening to hang everyone who took up arms in the south, it would have forced them to fight to the last man, and would have prevented the country from coming back together.
You’re enraged because a person who was part of a large terrorist mob who was attempting to overthrow the government because they believed a fair & legitimate election was fraudulent because their idol told them so, was shot & killed because she was perceived as a threat, rightfully so? She was jumping thru a door window, was she not? Directly in the face of a cop, who had no idea if or what weapons she has on her? Really? That enraged you, but not the coup attempt? You don’t think an angry mop breaching a building would be perceived as a massive threat? Give me a freakin break. You people lost credibility a very long time ago.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:17 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,254,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Stop being obtuse.
You do realize there are people who simply don't believe the election was fair. Some want a re-vote, others want an independent commission, and almost 100 Republican representatives made an objection to the counting of ballots in several states because of voting irregularities.

The 6th was the day this voting was going to take place, so they probably just wanted to storm the capitol to either stop the vote or to show that they don't like what is going on.

Explain how this was a coup. They made no demands, had no leader, shot no one, and then went home.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:17 AM

39,950 posts, read 26,681,654 times
An unarmed woman murdered at a peaceful protest. Now, can you imagine what would have happened if police opened fire on BLM/Pantifa rioters that were looting, burning neighborhoods, blocking highways and dragging people from their cars and beating them, and launching fireworks and explosives at police for months?

The Capitol Hill Occupied Protest was allowed to continue for weeks in Seattle, and that held multiple city blocks, and the residents and businesses of that area, hostage. Why was this Capitol Hill Occupied Protest (DC) so much difference? Oh yeah, far less violence, vandalism and destruction-and none of the protesters killed anyone. Had these demonstrators been comparable to the Pantifa/BLM, the interior of the Capitol would be a burned, smoking ruin, like the police precinct in Seattle.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:18 AM

3,617 posts, read 3,073,105 times
Quote:
They made no demands, had no leader, shot no one, and then went home.
I thought the guy in the coonskin hat was their de facto leader. I saw him up there at the dais underneath the rotunda.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:19 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,616,024 times
If anyone had any doubts as to the level of delusion that is trumplettes. Just read their rewriting of yesterday’s coup attempt.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:20 AM

4,292 posts, read 2,606,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
how about all the people who took part in stealing an election that was stolen out in the open.

voter fraud should have serious penalties. id hang them with piano wire and record it.
Even Graham said they can't provide him with even 10 names of people who voted illegally or who are recorded as voted, but who have died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB59LFoNto8

Old 01-07-2021, 11:20 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 17 days ago)

36,072 posts, read 18,343,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
If anyone had any doubts as to the level of delusion that is trumplettes. Just read their rewriting of yesterday’s coup attempt.
God save us from cognitive dissonance, and purposeful avoiding of looking at the truth.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:23 AM

5,301 posts, read 5,284,027 times
As far as I'm concerned, police would have been justified shooting every traitor that attacked the Capital yesterday and interrupted official government business.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:23 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 17 days ago)

36,072 posts, read 18,343,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
how about all the people who took part in stealing an election that was stolen out in the open.

voter fraud should have serious penalties. id hang them with piano wire and record it.
Absolutely voter fraud should be punished.

And from what I can see, they did manage to catch and charge several republicans for just that.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:24 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,279,148 times
Quote:
You do realize there are people who simply don't believe the election was fair. Some want a re-vote, others want an independent commission, and almost 100 Republican representatives made an objection to the counting of ballots in several states because of voting irregularities.

The 6th was the day this voting was going to take place, so they probably just wanted to storm the capitol to either stop the vote or to show that they don't like what is going on.

Explain how this was a coup. They made no demands, had no leader, shot no one, and then went home.
People believe all kinds of false things, that does not excuse them from the consequences of their actions. If they had just remained outside and protested and someone was shot that is one thing, but they forced themselves into the capitol building. Some were armed. Over 50 officers were injured 15 were hospitalized.
They didn't simply protest then go home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies