Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2021, 11:36 AM
bu2

24,114 posts, read 14,958,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
How could there be mixed reports? Video clearly shows her climbing up into the window frame. She was shot as she bent forward to work her way over the furniture to get down. LE had started to clear the vestibule. They were now down a couple of steps. The now departing protestors blocked their view of the door. They probably never saw Ashli climb into the frame - it happened fast. All the shooting officer who was some distance back in the hall would be able to see was a breach.

It's highly unlikely there was real time communication between LE in the vestibule and those defending the hallway.
There's an eyewitness who was interviewed with blood on his hands who said she was standing next to the statue when she fell. He said she didn't think she was too badly hurt at first.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:39 AM

5,302 posts, read 5,263,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
how about all the people who took part in stealing an election that was stolen out in the open.

voter fraud should have serious penalties. id hang them with piano wire and record it.
Voter Fraud does have serious penalties....but no voter fraud happened...Trump's continued lies about it doesn't mean it happened...no evidence was every put out in front of impartial judges.
This whole the election was stolen crap has got to end...anyone that continues to support it is not a true American and is a traitor.

14,848 posts, read 8,233,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You’re enraged because a person who was part of a large terrorist mob who was attempting to overthrow the government because they believed a fair & legitimate election was fraudulent because their idol told them so, was shot & killed because she was perceived as a threat, rightfully so? She was jumping thru a door window, was she not? Directly in the face of a cop, who had no idea if or what weapons she has on her? Really? That enraged you, but not the coup attempt? You don’t think an angry mop breaching a building would be perceived as a massive threat? Give me an ending break. You people lost credibility a very long time ago.
Literally nothing you just said is true. Nothing.

With that said, I'm probably biased, I really don't like the police, and I never have. I'm not a Republican, I'm more-or-less an anarchist. I believe most cops are a bunch of trigger-happy bullies and control-freaks. I also don't like Trump, I don't vote, and I'm definitely not interested in a Trump coup/dictatorship.

I'm also not overly concerned about what was going on at the capitol because it's stupid, it wasn't going to do anything. But I read the news, then read that a girl got shot, so I watched the video, and it seemed a bit odd. And I tried to imagine myself as the cop, and asked myself, would I have shot her? And what were all these other cops doing who were like ten feet behind her when she got shot?

It just seemed excessive. That cop needs to be removed from his job and put somewhere where being a spazz won't get people killed. And you people need to stop defending him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CtK...ctr=1610046478

14,826 posts, read 8,165,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I voted for Trump. I found some aspects of the election to be troublesome, but the margin by which Biden won is sufficient, in my opinion, to more than make up for any possible election fraud. In any case, storming the Capitol was wrong. Violence is not how civilized people make their voices heard, despite the precedence set by the Democrats. To compound the situation, some of the protestors were armed. The icing on the cake is that Congress was in session during this event. All of which adds up to an attempt to disrupt/overthrow the Government. We had the VP of the US and members of Congress sheltering in place due to the actions of domestic terrorists. This is unequivocally unacceptable, period. I will never be convinced that what happened yesterday was anything but a coup attempt. The only reason it wasn't worse is because they were stopped by police. We have no way of knowing what would have happened had they been able to get to our government officials, but its hard to see a scenario in which intruders who forced their way in had good intentions. Please think about how ridiculous you sound: They forced their way in with guns and destroyed property - but they had no nefarious intentions. That is preposterous beyond words.

Exactly. Well said.

9,209 posts, read 6,296,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
Yep!

It was a tragedy. It was avoidable. She was trying to enter an area where there were Congressmen who had armed security to protect them. Watching the live feeds yesterday of the front line and the anger, rage and language that was being used, Im surprised more force wasn't used initially on the incensed hoard / mob. I'm surprised more weren't shot to prevent horn hat dude, Proud Boys leader, Q'annon Shamon and cronies from taking up temporary residence in a building that is off limits to public while in session. Little to no tear gas and bullets were used initially to prevent what happened. Perhaps if it was an upside down Bible photo opp, more force would have been used.

Bottom line, don't fo the crime if you don't want to do the time.

OMG!! This is the most preposterous comment I've read today. How can you possibly still use "Congressmen"? Where are your sensibilities? I hope Nancy and her cohorts don't read this.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:40 AM

30,271 posts, read 11,905,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Show me evidence this was a failed coup.
I would use politicifact's explanation. They also call it sedition. Its a coup because they were trying to stop the peaceful transfer of power. It is a failed coup for obvious reasons. They failed.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...elp-you-decid/

• A good case can be made that the storming of the Capitol qualifies as a coup. It’s especially so because the rioters entered at precisely the moment when the incumbent’s loss was to be formally sealed, and they succeeded in stopping the count.

• The storming of the Capitol also would seem to qualify as sedition, which is the use of “force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States” or the authority of the U.S. government.

Quote:

I'm an anarchist. I'm not a Republican.
Then you supported the BLM protests as well as yesterdays MAGA protests?

Quote:
Show me proof they intended to harm/kill senators and congressmen. Show me proof that they fired even a single shot in the capitol building.

You're just making **** up. Stop.
Look at what happened in Michigan not long ago. People were intending on killing state officials and taking over the government. This group has a similar ideology.

It was an out of control mob. There is no way to know how far they would take it if they could. Some were armed, there were bombs found around the area. Someone breaks into my house uninvited I will assume their intention is harm whether it be robbery, kidnapping, rape or murder. I am not going to assume they just wanted to take a selfie in my living room and go. Based on nothing you assume none of these people meant any sort of harm. All it would have taken was a couple going on a shooting rampage to potentially kill members of congress or VP Pence. I agree that most I saw had no real plan here but that does not make them innocent on this.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:42 AM
bu2

24,114 posts, read 14,958,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
To be clear - since I'm getting weird PMs - just because I don't think the police should have shot this woman, I am NOT one of the MAGA mob. I don't think the police should shoot unarmed citizens in general.

I am sorry that her delusional devotion to QAnon and Trump contributed to her death. I am sorry that she was spurred on by Trump's insanity, lies, and manipulation, and the coddling and supporting of those lies by Republicans in congress including (I'm ashamed to say) my own Senators.

The pictures of the Capitol this morning show bullet holes, smashed class, destroyed furniture, graffiti. Those were not patriots yesterday.

And I don't think "antifa" snuck into a group of peace loving protestors. The oft-cited tweet saying antifa planned to infiltrate is from a parody account. Well known Proud Boys and MAGATs live streamed and posted photos of themselves on Parler and other platforms.

We are lucky they are so inept that they didn't know what to do once they got in, other than trash the place like a bunch of drunk frat boys.
Sounds like you need to block some of those sick leftists.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:42 AM

8,725 posts, read 7,436,173 times
Interesting to see posters' response to this, versus response of other police shootings... It is almost like you justify the shooting or not depending if you like the person being shot or not.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:43 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,360,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
There's an eyewitness who was interviewed with blood on his hands who said she was standing next to the statue when she fell. He said she didn't think she was too badly hurt at first.
You really should take a look at the video shot by the 'director' on the scene - the guy holding the camera who was shouting commands that Ashli stupidly followed. https://nypost.com/2021/01/06/video-...ot-in-capitol/

I've seen the video with the young man, but offhand don't recall mention of the statue. He said something about how she had gone first and he was planning to follow. The image I formed from his description (obviously wrongly) was that she was crawling her way through a lower window. He wasn't very clear. Maybe he was interviewed multiple times. Best to look at actual video.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:43 AM

130,856 posts, read 12,212,285 times
Shooting a protester is not right, no matter what color their skin is. Exception is if they are pointing a gun/weapon at you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies