Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2021, 08:02 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Still worshipping trump and his lies?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/polit...iot/index.html
Did he have a heart attack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Come on. I just saw the whole video a couple of times, the door was barricaded, the cops had the guns drawn, broke the window and in the process of breaching the barricade, what did you think was going to happen?
There were a half-dozen cops in the stairwell behind her, one in a cubby to the left, another down the hallway, hard to say when she got there or whether she even saw the guy in the cubby with the gun before trying to climb through the window.

In any case, my main objection to it is that, it wasn't like the cops were exchanging fire with the protesters. They weren't insurgents. If the cops had wanted to stop them from trying to push through the barricades, there were like 8 cops, many with assault rifles, within 20 feet of her. They took a somewhat hands-off approach, made no attempt to physically stop her, gave no warning, the cop just popped out and shot her the moment her head cleared the door-frame.

This was an obvious mistake by the capitol police. The cop overreacted and killed someone needlessly. He isn't some kind of hero who was forced to defend himself, he was never in any danger and he knew that.

He shouldn't be a police officer. Guy obviously has mental problems. And the people defending him also seem to have mental problems, called being an *******.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Sorry, not enough information for you? Here is more: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/abc-...ry?id=75105481
These IED's weren't at the capitol. And what was the time-frame? Were these found before or after she was shot? Did the cop who shot her even know about them? Did he shoot her because she had a backpack on which he believed had pipebombs in, where I guess she was going to run down the hallway throwing them at people?

There is no evidence that the cop even knew she had on a backpack, and if she had a backpack full of pipebombs, why not just throw one at the cop and blow up the barricade?

You're grasping at straws, and you know that had nothing to do with what happened at the capitol. So why do you insist on arguing with me?

Old 01-07-2021, 08:05 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
I watched a second video of the Ashli Babbitt shooting. It shows a man in a dress suit shooting her with a pistol. He was on the other side of the windowed doors which were braced by chairs, and she was barging through a door window to get to his side. Perhaps Babbitt thought she'll be Super Woman, and show her comrades "how it's done!" Since the man who shot her was wearing a suit, he might be a secret service agent, not a Capitol Police officer.
I understand they were in the process of moving Pence, McConnell, Pelosi, and a couple other leaders to an undisclosed secure location and that they were in this hallway at the time. You are probably right, it was a secret service agent.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:07 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
A police officer was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher -you were saying the rioters posed no threat and should have been permitted to enter congress and there was no basis for the police using deadly force?
Cops were attacked with metal pipes and chemicals
Peaceful demonstrations ?
MAGA thugs. And we're supposed to feel sorry for poor little insurrectionist Ashli? Nope.

Round them all up and put them away for life.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:08 PM

2,680 posts, read 1,381,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
I watched multiple videos of the woman getting shot inside the Capitol building. She was unarmed, she was not attacking anyone, so why was she shot? The officer who shot her could have easily detained and arrested her instead of shooting her to death.

Ashli Babbitt, the woman who was murdered by the officer in cold blood, was a military veteran from San Diego.

A couple of broken windows does not warrant shooting someone to death.
She died trying to storm the Capitol and attack Congress in an attempt to overthrow the results of an election.
If a couple of kids throw rocks through a window in a an adolescent act of mischief, no that wouldn't warrant shooting them.
That is not what this was.
Being military she should have known better.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:12 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Quote:
I watched a second video of the Ashli Babbitt shooting. It shows a man in a dress suit shooting her with a pistol. He was on the other side of the windowed doors which were braced by chairs, and she was barging through a door window to get to his side. Perhaps Babbitt thought she'll be Super Woman, and show her comrades "how it's done!" Since the man who shot her was wearing a suit, he might be a secret service agent, not a Capitol Police officer.
Yes, hundreds of people had pushed their way into the capitol, never fired a shot, never threatened anyone. Ashli then tried to climb through a doorway where the glass had already been busted out, barely popped her head through and got shot in the neck.

This cop is obviously a hero who stopped a violent thug intent on harming our elected representatives. He protected his own life and the lives of others who were in imminent danger. He was a brave officer, battling back insurgents, in what was obviously a failed coup. He deserves the medal of freedom. I wish every cop was as brave as him.

That is what you people sound like. ****ing insane.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:14 PM

736 posts, read 456,639 times
Quote:
I watched multiple videos of the woman getting shot inside the Capitol building. She was unarmed, she was not attacking anyone, so why was she shot? The officer who shot her could have easily detained and arrested her instead of shooting her to death.

Ashli Babbitt, the woman who was murdered by the officer in cold blood, was a military veteran from San Diego.

A couple of broken windows does not warrant shooting someone to death.
But sleeping in her own bed was enough to warrant shooting Breona Taylor.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:15 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,787,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Did he have a heart attack?

he was never in any danger and he knew that.
Why do you and your ilk assume this?

Is it because you are sitting behind a computer in a comfortable house and are unable to put yourself in his shoes?

The reports say that the radio in his ear was talking about bombs being discovered somewhere on property. He was told to defend this hallway at all costs.

AT THIS POINT HE OBVIOUSLY ASSUMED HE WAS IN DANGER otherwise he wouldn't have shot a person in the neck.

Please stop wasting your typing skills on this issue as you cannot possibly be correct that HE KNEW he was in NO DANGER. A guy doesn't shoot someone if he felt no danger was in sight. All he knows is a terrorist was jumping through a window in the zone he was supposed to keep secure and that's what he did. This was NOT ROMPER ROOM FUN TIME PLAY HOUSE, this is real world stuff. You don't get a second chance. If she got through, had a bomb and ran into the room 6 feet away and killed VIP's we'd be in a whole other mess.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:15 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I understand they were in the process of moving Pence, McConnell, Pelosi, and a couple other leaders to an undisclosed secure location and that they were in this hallway at the time. You are probably right, it was a secret service agent.
Then it's a damn good thing he shot her. What were her intentions once she got into the hallway, I wonder? What was in her backpack? That LE would have been derelict in his duties if he hadn't shot her.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:16 PM

141 posts, read 84,065 times
Maybe those plainclothes Capitol police should be armed with nightsticks instead of guns?

Old 01-07-2021, 08:17 PM

2,680 posts, read 1,381,788 times
Quote:
I should also add that...The Capitol Building is paid for and maintained for by our tax dollars.
It's OUR building. A few broken windows does not warrant the excessive use of lethal force or labelling people as "terrorists" which is what the media did.

The BLM & Antifa protesters have done far worse, burning down entire city blocks, and yet the police have never shot them to my knowledge.
There is a night and day difference between what happened last summer, as horrible as the violence was, and attacking Congress while it is finalizing the results of a presidential election. That is the crime here...not just "breaking a few windows".
And, no it is not your building, it belongs to the American people as a whole. Whether you like the ideals or people they have voted for or not.
The Oval OOffice is also public property. By your logic we should be able to barge our way into it whenever we like to talk to or just chill with the Prez. Try that and let us know how that goes for you. Same with military bases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies