Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2021, 06:23 AM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times

Advertisements

This is all on Trump, Giuliani and Donny Jr. for inciting a riot, people need to stop placing this blame on police. The Capitol Policeman who died was hit with a fire extinguisher by the rioters, 50 policemen were injured. So stop painting this as anything other than a the ransacking of the capitol.

Quote:
A woman shot and killed by police during the storming of the US Capitol by a pro-Donald Trump mob has been named as a 14-year veteran of the US air force and of four foreign military tours, including to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Ashli Babbitt, 35, had travelled to Washington DC from San Diego, her husband told the local news station ****, adding that she was a passionate Trump supporter.

Contee has confirmed to reporters a woman was shot by Capitol police – a federal law enforcement agency responsible for protecting the US Congress – but has not released further details.

Less than a day before she joined the Trump loyalist protest, Babbitt, an avowed and public Trump supporter as well as a subscriber to a number of alt-right conspiracy theories, had vowed the insurrectionist movement could never be halted. “Nothing will stop us … they can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours … dark to light!” she wrote on Twitter.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-capitol-named

Old 01-08-2021, 06:23 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Funny how you lefties defended the criminal felon in Kenosha after holding a knife , stealing a car , resisting arrest and kidnapping . However since this innocent girl was white and had a maga hat on , she’s a terrorist . Oh please , the hypocrisy oozes from your faces .

Pretty sure it is hypocritical to support a police man shooting someone in the back as they run away but oppose a police officer shooting someone in a mob scene with people being very aggressive.

We don't know yet the story.

I don't know if the bullet was meant for someone else who was being far more aggressive and in the chaos she ended up getting hit or if he shot her specifically.

We don't know.

If the officer panicked, singled her out, aim and shot her .....that is some sick act and should be duly punished.

We don't know yet.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:27 AM

5,058 posts, read 3,960,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Pretty sure it is hypocritical to support a police man shooting someone in the back as they run away but oppose a police officer shooting someone in a mob scene with people being very aggressive.

I don't know if the bullet was meant for someone else who was being far more aggressive and in the chaos she ended up getting hit or if he shot her specifically.

We don't know.

If the officer panicked, singled her out, aim and shot her .....that is some sick act and should be duly punished.

We don't know yet.
In that case wouldn’t he have then shot the aggressive unarmed fellow? All those protestors pouring in and one officer shoots and kills one unarmed woman deliberately in broad daylight? He’s got some explaining to do.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:28 AM

19,815 posts, read 9,381,719 times
Anyone who says that it is okay for one side to commit an act of violence to protest a situation they don't like, but it is not okay for the other side to do so is a hypocrite, imo,

I just wonder what would have happened if thousands of people had shown up, stood quietly outside the Capitol Building holding protest signs and simply refused to leave? In that case, I think any attempt by Democrats/liberals to forcibly remove them would have gained the protesters more support from those "in the middle" or those unsure whether the election fraud actually happened.

By breaking and entering, I think that those on the far right can no longer in good conscience call violent protesters on the far left "thugs" and yet still consider themselves to be pure and righteous.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:29 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,659,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
In an earlier post, I distinguished between those who actually broke in and entered the building vs those who were trespassing but peacefully walking around with flags.

I blame much of this rancor in the country on the democrats. Their four year war of hate and conflict brought this on - and then they act mortified about the whole thing. To a lesser extent, I blame it on Trump, who I supported for most of his tenure. I have been deeply disappointed in him these last few months and hope his departure brings some stability to the country. However, I hold out no great expectations for Harris/Biden...none.
Its the Dems fault?

Geez.. you guys live in fantasy land

Old 01-08-2021, 06:30 AM

5,058 posts, read 3,960,939 times
Quote:

We don't know.

We don't know yet.
In that case wouldn’t he have then shot the aggressive unarmed fellow? All those protestors (so far no estimates on the numbr who entered the building interestingly enough) pouring in and one officer shoots and kills one unarmed woman deliberately in broad daylight? He’s got some explaining to do.

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Of note, we now have an officer of the law dead from head injuries sustained in the attack. It is possible he would have lived had he shot the assailants before they got so close.
If someone deliberately hit an officer over the head with a fire extinguisher then he should be charged. But if an officer was incidentally hit in the head as people attempted to push through the police barricades, I'm not sure how that should be handled.

In any case, my position on the woman is clear and unambiguous. I'm not going to argue with you all day again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
She was a defiant anarchist who was so inebriated with her own privilege that it got the best of her. Sorry she got snuffed, but the harsh reality that blacks would’ve faced under identical circumstances diminishes my sympathy.
I listened to liars all day telling me how "If black people had done the same thing there would be a blood bath". Really? They was rioting for months and none of them got shot. Not a single one. They burned down cities, and the cops knelt down to them and let them do it. So please spare me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwaverider View Post
LEAVE then, Bye, Bye! We do not want those here in our great country who do not.
I said if I had the power we would not be sharing the same country. I wouldn't kick you out. I wouldn't kick anyone out. We just wouldn't be sharing the same country. Do you understand what I'm saying?

5,715 posts, read 15,049,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

This is all on Trump, Giuliani and Donny Jr. for inciting a riot, people need to stop placing this blame on police. The Capitol Policeman who died was hit with a fire extinguisher by the rioters, 50 policemen were injured. So stop painting this as anything other than a the ransacking of the capitol.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-capitol-named
and Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley...

I'm sorry she made a bad decision and lost her life.

More than 50 officers were injured when pro-Trump supporters stormed the Capitol, forcing the evacuation of lawmakers who were counting the Electoral College votes, according to D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/capitol...ro-trump-riot/

Old 01-08-2021, 06:35 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,993,563 times
Quote:

We don't know.

We don't know yet.
Not sure where you been but they just confined her was holding a knife . He also said he had a weapon and the media recanted their stories because the officers body cam confirms that Blake was holding a knife .

Old 01-08-2021, 06:35 AM

19,815 posts, read 9,381,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFury View Post
That's an enemy that can defeated with votes, not violence. And she and like-minded Americans managed to take out several of their perceived enemies at the polls a couple months ago... results that interestingly enough aren't being questioned in this "rigged" election.
I basically agree with you IF all legitimate votes are counted and counted accurately. THAT is the question.

And that is why the events of January 6th, if nothing else does, illustrates the need for a COMPLETE overhaul of election rules and procedures, from voter registration to the method of voting to counting the votes to releasing the results, with the same rules and procedures for all states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies