Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2021, 08:55 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Witness (guy who stood right behind her) reported that she was warned by police and proceeded anyways. The person who yelled "bust it down" was one of the people filming the incident. You just proved the point... she and only she climbed into the doorway before being shot. Meaning she was the only one that breached the barricade. Police warned her and she ignored them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I've watched it several times. It was the officers on the OTHER side of the door/glass that are standing in the far end of the video screen that were telling them to back up. This amateur video was shot on the riot side and all the audio is coming from that side. Due the chaos and the loudness, the video recording cannot possibly pick up the sounds from the officers in front of her with guns. That witness, though, heard it. She was the only one going through.
And I'm sure the police outside the building had warned the protesters to stay back as well. There were people ramming the door as the police stood right next to them and watched them doing it. The cops had been literally standing in front of the doorway the girl climbed into. The cop who shot her was hiding in a cubby like he was under fire in Vietnam, even though there were like 6-8 cops standing on the other side of the door that he knew were there because he had just talked to them a few seconds earlier.

You said "The cops shouted for everyone to back off/retreat. Everyone did but her."... Which is bull****. No one was backing off. But she was the only one who climbed up into the doorway, which was the doorway the police had been standing in front of 5 seconds earlier.

Furthermore, being told to back off isn't the same thing as being warned if you jump up into a doorway you will be shot immediately. Furthermore, most of the people in this thread have claimed that the cop didn't know there were cops on the other side in the doorway, which was a lie. And that he was afraid for his life. Which is a lie. Or something something about the girl's backpack. Which is bull****.

In any case, you guys don't care, so this conversation is pointless.

Old 01-08-2021, 08:56 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Anyone who believes the police did not respond appropriately when our leaders' lives were threatened by an out of control mob, some of whom had guns, pipe bombs, and Molotov cocktails, are you:

-against guns?

-against defending your castle?

-against self defense?

-against backing the blue?

Which is it?
Huge difference compared to what happened couple days ago though...

Since they were American citizens, technically, its everyones house (many fought and died to make that building a reality!!)...and now, people want to whine and cry about 'safety' from a group of American citizens?!!! Oh geez, the founding fathers are rolling in their graves!!

Old 01-08-2021, 09:00 AM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Since they were American citizens, technically, its everyones house (many fought and died to make that building a reality!!)...and now, people want to whine and cry about 'safety' from a group of American citizens?!!! Oh geez, the founding fathers are rolling in their graves!!
So the founding father’s would think a mob storming the capital disrupting democracy at work. Violently taking over the building. Not likely.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:01 AM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
And I'm sure the police outside the building had warned the protesters to stay back as well. There were people ramming the door as the police stood right next to them and watched them doing it. The cops had been literally standing in front of the doorway the girl climbed into. The cop who shot her was hiding in a cubby like he was under fire in Vietnam, even though there were like 6-8 cops standing on the other side of the door that he knew were there because he had just talked to them a few seconds earlier.

You said "The cops shouted for everyone to back off/retreat. Everyone did but her."... Which is bull****. No one was backing off. But she was the only one who climbed up into the doorway, which was the doorway the police had been standing in front of 5 seconds earlier.

Furthermore, being told to back off isn't the same thing as being warned if you jump up into a doorway you will be shot immediately. Furthermore, most of the people in this thread have claimed that the cop didn't know there were cops on the other side in the doorway, which was a lie. And that he was afraid for his life. Which is a lie. Or something something about the girl's backpack. Which is bull****.

As mentioned before..... the Capitol police (photos show them in plain clothes) are in direct protective position behind barricades to Congress members. Their decision on what is or is not an imminent threat is going to be different and justifiable so. The uniformed police (some behind the lady) are not in direct protective position to Congress members... they were trying to control the movement of the mob. Their decision on what is or is not imminent threat is also going to be different. Just because the uniformed police didn't find her an imminent threat has no baring on whether or not the plain clothed officers directly protecting Congress members find her an imminent threat.

Keep in mind, VP Pence and his wife/family were in the building. Several newly elected officials were being sworn in that day as well. Their families were present in the building. One congress woman interviewed said she sent her kids home after she heard about the Trump rally. These officers had a lot of people to protect.

There is armed police officers and barricades. What idiot needs to be explicitly told not to move past the barricades... especially in a mob situation? You are just being unreasonable now.

You are right... I don't care for people who threaten my country... apparently it is ok with you.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Again.. you've posted this falsely several times.

Public property doesn't mean publicly accessible property (ie military installations)

Public accessible property doesn't mean public property (ie shopping malls).

It certainly isn't everyones' house.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:11 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
You are right... I don't care for people who threaten my country... apparently it is ok with you.
That's fine. And you can join the rest of the people who wish they'd all been shot, and that they should be hung for treason.

We all have our own opinions now don't we.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:16 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,556,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furnier View Post
I would argue nearly 125 million Americans know it was stolen. Many of them simply don't care because of their irrational hatred of Bad Orange Man. When The Puppet is inaugurated the United States of America ceases to exist. It might still carry that name but what it was will be no more.
ya there are democrats that know this election was stolen. it wasn't just one way to steal they used all their slimy ways to steal it in multiple states in dozens of different ways.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
That's fine. And you can join the rest of the people who wish they'd all been shot, and that they should be hung for treason.

We all have our own opinions now don't we.
I never said I wish they'd all been shot... Certainly they are all criminals and all threatened my country. They should be held accountable. I certainly don't care for them as a result of their threat.

What I did say was make a case that according to that Capitol police officer's mission statement he acted according to his job/role/task which resulted in a justified shooting to protect Congress members.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:25 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,023,272 times
Quote:

If I see a barricade with guys on the other side pointing guns at it I’m not going to try to get through.

The woman was a moron.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:25 AM

1,411 posts, read 1,003,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
ya there are democrats that know this election was stolen. it wasn't just one way to steal they used all their slimy ways to steal it in multiple states in dozens of different ways.
You people make my head hurt! I'm going to treat you like I treat my kids. You are right. The election was stolen. There was fraud everywhere. No one is to be trusted. Well, Trump is the only one that can be trusted. Now, go get in the bed, you have to get up early for school tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies