Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2021, 09:53 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
A cop died. The mob was lethal.
Show proof the woman and those around her shot or beat the cop.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:54 AM

2,680 posts, read 1,381,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
You mean the same congress members who embraced and supported the rioters last summer when it was only us ordinary people suffering through it? The same congress people who write bills to strip us of our liberties and threaten us with lethal violence if we fail to comply and surrender our freedoms? I have no sympathy for any of them anymore. They are not entitled to our respect. They are the cause of our nation's division and other problems. And the capitol building belongs to us not them alone.
Congress is elected by the people, whether you agree with that fact or not.
Congress never embraced or supported rioters.
Many if them did support the protest movement, which is legitimate and is not the same thing as supporting the rioters.
They are not the cause of our nation's divisions, this nation has been divided since it's fou ding. Half of all US war dead died during the war we fought with one another.
Jim Crow kept the divisions going for over a century after that.
We are finally addressing issues with law enforcement that have always been there. Not all LE...but not just a few here and there yesterday.
I had a right winger tell me yesterday that westhat we should go back to businesses being able to exclude blacks yesterday. His family has felt that way for generations.
Congress did not cause our divisions, and that is not a justification for armed assault on Congress with the backing back by the President. And that is exactly what happened yesterday.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:56 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
And "you people" are really reaching to justify a military veteran violating her Oath of Enlistment in order to participate in an act of insurrection. She knew what she was letting herself in for, and yet she went ahead and did it anyway, and possibly losing her life was a consequence that maybe she should have thought about beforehand.

Watch her videos that I posted. She had some serious anger issues. Driving in her car while filming herself ranting and raving about politics? What level-headed person does that?

This was not an insurrection.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:02 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
There's nothing on that video to suggest the CP who fired knew other officers had arrived on the landing where the protestors stood. From what I see the four CPs who'd just come up the steps never got close to the front. Instead still standing well behind the protestors two got into a conversation with someone who looked like a staff member.
Google "Capitol police uniform". The riot police who showed up were talking to three regular capitol hill officers and a staffer, you can tell by the badges on their jackets.

There were also multiple police on the other side of the door as well. One just to the left of the barricade(you can't really see him in that video), and another a bit further back in the next doorway, and others down the hallway.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:05 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You can't have double standards here, people.

If you want to tell people, "If you would just comply, you wouldn't get shot", then it holds true, here, too.

The fire alarm was going off, police were telling people to leave. They are, at this point, calm. Not making a lot of noise. They are going out the door.

And then this girl, that I had not seen before, appears in the frame of the phone of the one who is livestreaming that I was watching. The reason I know it was this girl is because she stood out by her actions.

Everyone was quietly herding out the door. No one was shouting, no one was really talking. And then this girl shows up in frame, she's behind the crowd trying to get out the door. She looks around at the situation, and then? Starts yelling.

That is why I noticed her, because in the chat that I was in with this livestream, we thought it was over. We were saying "well that was stupid" (as in waste of time) because after the police side stepped to allow them up the stairs, they break through 2 doors, people are climbing the building, people are yelling and shouting, they get in, and then....a fire alarm goes off and they peacefully walk out of the building like school children during a fire drill? Really!?!?

Until she started yelling.

And she got them all riled up again. And some of them decided to venture off again. One of those people was this girl.

The riot police had already told them to leave due to fire alarm, and they told them again, when they were at this door, to leave. Someone said something to one of the police, and the police nodded and turned their backs on these people at this door.

The rest of what happened, you see in the video. So she decided that after....

a) breaking the doors down to the building itself
b) entering the building
c) going all over the place in the building, into people's offices without permission
d) being told to leave when a fire alarm was going off, to go to yet another door, instead
e) seeing the door barricaded

...that it was a good idea to climb through the window right next to said barricaded door.

And she didn't see the guy on her left? His gun was up the entire time.

She had all of those chances NOT to do what she did.

I can't side with anyone who says it wasn't justified.

This is no different than someone on the street who will not follow an order to get your hands out of your pockets, to put the gun down, to turn around, to stop running, whatever - it is absolutely no different. I don't care if she was a white veteran Trump supporting girl, it is no different. Don't by hypocrites.

The cops do not know that you don't have a weapon. They don't know, they don't know, they don't know. Stop acting stupid.
So if the cops don't know if she had a weapon that means they can guess and shoot? The Congress critters were evacuated safely, the person who shot was a bit trigger happy.

If the video I watched wasn't rigged, I noticed the congress critters didn't leave right away. Some were ducking down, then later evacuated. Whomever was in charge of their safety needs to be called on the carpet. They should have been evacuated right away.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:06 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Congress is elected by the people, whether you agree with that fact or not.
Congress never embraced or supported rioters.
Many if them did support the protest movement, which is legitimate and is not the same thing as supporting the rioters.
They are not the cause of our nation's divisions, this nation has been divided since it's fou ding. Half of all US war dead died during the war we fought with one another.
Jim Crow kept the divisions going for over a century after that.
We are finally addressing issues with law enforcement that have always been there. Not all LE...but not just a few here and there yesterday.
I had a right winger tell me yesterday that westhat we should go back to businesses being able to exclude blacks yesterday. His family has felt that way for generations.
Congress did not cause our divisions, and that is not a justification for armed assault on Congress with the backing back by the President. And that is exactly what happened yesterday.
At NO time did Trump ever tell these people to storm the Capitol building.

He isn't Maxine Waters.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:10 AM

428 posts, read 224,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Totally what it is.

White trump worshippers arent used to this response from the cops. Like seriously! Who the **** breaks through a barricade with guys pointing their guns at you on the other side telling you to stay the **** out and thinks “oh! They won’t actually shoot me! This is just a game!”

The woman was STUPID.
There are stupid people and smart people on both sides. That being said, it was clearly the stupid part of the right who were storming the Capitol. I mean, just being there means their elevator doesn’t go all the way to the top, but the subset who attacked the Capitol were a whole other level of stupid.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:10 AM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's not an imminent threat. It was a protest. Why in the world would someone enter your home to protest?
The mob wasn't trying to kill anyone and you have no proof they were trying too. I get it, some at the protest did turn violent but it's about threatening a life.

Kent State ring a bell?
It is an imminent threat as this is a government building that has been breached. This stopped being a protest once they breached the Capitol's outer perimeter.

A mob rushing and breaching any secured position, you've got to be an idiot to assume they are just coming up for a hug.

Kent State was not a breach of a secured government building with Capitol Police protecting highly elected officials... not comparable. Similarly, an individual assaulting another on the street is going to be treated differently from an individual assaulting the POTUS.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:13 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
This ones on every Democrat for the last year that refused to call out politics violence . Never stopped any of it in any of the Democrat controlled cities . They also encouraged it . So it tipped over to the other side . Congrats democrats !
Except they did call out the violence, where was Trump yesterday after he called on them to march on the capital. Stop making excuses for their behavior.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:16 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
It is shoot or be killed yourself.
Does that really have anything to do with this situation? Did he think he was going to be shot?

I understand you people are a bunch of partisan hacks who have already taken a side, and are just looking to justify killing people you're glad are dead. But come on, don't treat me like I'm stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I just don't see that there was any other way for this officer to act.
Have you ever had a cop pull their gun on you? I have. They point their gun at you and start yelling at you over and over. Making it very clear to you they have a gun on you

Trust me, it is a very scary and surreal feeling. Instead of sitting in his cubby shooting at her a mere five seconds after three capitol hill police had left the doorway. He could have just popped out and pointed his gun towards her and started yelling to back up. Trust me, she would have turned around instantly, if not just fell backwards through the door, pissing her pants a little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies