Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2021, 04:02 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
The double standard: an armed criminal (Jacob Blake) and a drug addict about to OD (Mr. Fentanyl Floyd) get riots, protests and politicians kneeling in their name. This woman, who was unarmed and exercising her right to "peacefully protest" as per the words of CNN since June, is shot and nobody utters a peep.
Its worse. Dozens on here are celebrating it.

I do give Schumer credit for regretting the loss of her life. Pence and McConnell said nothing about it. The rest of his speech was inflammatory drivel.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:33 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,500,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
She also had two protection orders against her for harassing her husband's ex...including an incident where she she was accusing if screaming at and threatening her and rear ending her car three times. She appears to have had some serious all around unaddressed anger issues.
Also, interestingly, she apparently spent time in an Air Force unit tasked with handling civil disturbances in DC which reinforces my belief that she should have understood the seriousness and potential consequences of the decisions she made this week.
Well, her husband's ex might be glad she don't have to deal with her anymore then if this is true.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:45 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
The double standard: an armed criminal (Jacob Blake) and a drug addict about to OD (Mr. Fentanyl Floyd) get riots, protests and politicians kneeling in their name. This woman, who was unarmed and exercising her right to "peacefully protest" as per the words of CNN since June, is shot and nobody utters a peep.
Incidents are not comparable.

One takes place in a street involving normal uniform police tasked with maintaining peace and protecting all (including potential criminals) in an area.

This incident occurred in a breached government building with some of the highest level elected officials in session. The Capitol police are not normal police task with maintaining peace. They are similar to Secret Service agents tasked as a protection detail to a certain group of individuals; Congress.

Rush an individual on the street.. the police are task with arresting you.

Rush an the POTUS (or similar official)... their protective detail are task with stopping you with any means necessary.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:50 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,666,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Its worse. Dozens on here are celebrating it.

I do give Schumer credit for regretting the loss of her life. Pence and McConnell said nothing about it. The rest of his speech was inflammatory drivel.
Did Trump say anything about the people who lost their lives, I might have missed it.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I've been watching more videos of what happened and they have changed my mind on the "protest". Although I still think she should not have been shot and it wasn't justified, what happened in DC is worse than what I originally thought. There were many people not protesting peacefully and they should be outed and charged.
There were also pipe bombs and a vehicle found with weapons, bomb materials, and molotov cocktails. It could have been worse... a lot worse A police officer has also died. There is a felony federal murder case now. Apparently some rioters were walking around with zip ties to tie up hostages if it got that far.

While I still believe the shooting is justified because of her actions of breaching a barricade, I am not total agreement with others that other rioters should have been shot as well. I think that would have been a huge PR problem as well. I'm on the fence about that one... even though I certainly understand that this is an attack on our country.

I do agree with you that as many of these people should be outed and charged. Not only for those that actually breached the Capitol building but also the outer fencing as well.

Old 01-08-2021, 05:12 PM

1,265 posts, read 445,714 times
Left wing news is either point a finger at her or ignoring the story all together. Where is the outrage?

Old 01-08-2021, 05:22 PM

Plenty of outrage... She had no business along with 100s others storming the Capitol building.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:51 PM

1,052 posts, read 453,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Incidents are not comparable.

One takes place in a street involving normal uniform police tasked with maintaining peace and protecting all (including potential criminals) in an area.

This incident occurred in a breached government building with some of the highest level elected officials in session. The Capitol police are not normal police task with maintaining peace. They are similar to Secret Service agents tasked as a protection detail to a certain group of individuals; Congress.

Rush an individual on the street.. the police are task with arresting you.

Rush an the POTUS (or similar official)... their protective detail are task with stopping you with any means necessary.
So where was the outrage when ANTIFA/BLM stormed the White House perimeter and vandalized and broke into federal courthouses? Senile Uncle Joe is right, BLM really were treated differently.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:06 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
Left wing news is either point a finger at her or ignoring the story all together. Where is the outrage?
We are outraged at the terrorists who tried to overthrow the government on Wednesday.

Last edited by thefragile; 01-08-2021 at 09:22 PM..

Old 01-08-2021, 09:15 PM

4,563 posts, read 4,106,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
I watched multiple videos of the woman getting shot inside the Capitol building. She was unarmed, she was not attacking anyone, so why was she shot? The officer who shot her could have easily detained and arrested her instead of shooting her to death.

Ashli Babbitt, the woman who was murdered by the officer in cold blood, was a military veteran from San Diego.

A couple of broken windows does not warrant shooting someone to death.

Just like using a counterfeit $20 doesn’t justify 4 officers strangling a man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies