Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2021, 02:24 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,364,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Who here would hesitate to shoot someone breaking into their home or business in a sudden violent manner?

If a huge violent mob was trying to batter down your front doors, what would you do?

I don't feel sorry for the woman. She didn't need to be at the front of the action.

That was her choice, and as a veteran, she would have known any guns on the other side of the doors would not be unloaded when it came out and was trained on her.

She allowed her political passions to overwhelm her good common sense and wisdom. If she had better emotional control, she could be happily arguing politics this morning, enjoying a nice winter day back home in Colorado, instead of lying in a morgue in D.C.

Her bad, her mistake.
So now you are for the 2nd Amendment

Old 01-08-2021, 02:30 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Against murdering innocent people who are not threatening anyones life.
A cop was killed. 50 more have been injured.

Do the MAGA people support our officers in blue? Trump didn't as he watched this unfold in delight and refused to activate the National Guard to assist those officers.

Now, the MAGA sheep suddenly go with their dear leader, trump, and trash the men and women in blue.

Old 01-08-2021, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Does that really have anything to do with this situation? Did he think he was going to be shot?

I understand you people are a bunch of partisan hacks who have already taken a side, and are just looking to justify killing people you're glad are dead. But come on, don't treat me like I'm stupid.

Have you ever had a cop pull their gun on you? I have. They point their gun at you and start yelling at you over and over. Making it very clear to you they have a gun on you

Trust me, it is a very scary and surreal feeling. Instead of sitting in his cubby shooting at her a mere five seconds after three capitol hill police had left the doorway. He could have just popped out and pointed his gun towards her and started yelling to back up. Trust me, she would have turned around instantly, if not just fell backwards through the door, pissing her pants a little.
Will trump be holding a state funeral for this martyr? Will she lie in State for her great courage?

Old 01-08-2021, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So what if she was?

She was unarmed and therefore no threat to the police in front of, or behind her or anyone else..
So should the secret service, protecting the 2nd and 3rd in line to an unstable president, welcome her in and offer her tea?

Last edited by jojajn; 01-08-2021 at 03:20 PM..

Old 01-08-2021, 02:54 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,347,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
All I need to do is read your headline to see it is bs.

There were at least a half dozen armed officers with shields leading people out and 3 or 4 protestors banging on the door.

The shooter could easily have killed police officers on the other side of the door.
There were a lot more than 3 or 4 in the group waiting to go through. In camera range at least 10? Behind the camera?

The police officers had already started to move away from the protestors towards the incoming tactical squad. Which is why - for about the tenth time - there was no one to save Ashli.

Did you listen to that video? The group KNEW - it was repeated several times among the protestors and loudly - that there was an officer with a gun aimed at the opening.

But Ashli - Did. Not. Care. If he hadn't fired why wouldn't the entire group have pushed on through?

What stopped them in their tracks was the shot.

There's no way to spin this.

This is what happens when extremism takes over.

Old 01-08-2021, 02:58 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
She’s ex military. She knew. She thought nobody would pull a trigger on her.
Not only ex military, but she worked security when she was in the military. She should have known what would happen when someone tries to get through a barricade.

Old 01-08-2021, 03:08 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
A cop was killed. 50 more have been injured.

Do the MAGA people support our officers in blue? Trump didn't as he watched this unfold in delight and refused to activate the National Guard to assist those officers.

Now, the MAGA sheep suddenly go with their dear leader, trump, and trash the men and women in blue.
Exactly, they go wherever Trump leads them, from dissing our military as suckers and losers, allowing bounties on our troops go unchallenged, attacking our own national security services ... things completely unheard of in the Republican party less than six years ago, now standard operating procedure.

We should have seen this coming when Trump said "I like people who weren't captured" and astonishingly received no blowback from it, even from Trumpie veterans. Trump thought of POWs as losers. His supporters, many of them veterans themselves, just laid down and rolled over.

That was a harbinger of things to come.

Now it seems blue lives don't matter either, not when they get in the way of Trump's ambition.

Old 01-08-2021, 03:37 PM

2,070 posts, read 894,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
If someone deliberately hit an officer over the head with a fire extinguisher then he should be charged. But if an officer was incidentally hit in the head as people attempted to push through the police barricades, I'm not sure how that should be handled.

Oh, please .."incidentally" like this.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/08/video-...by-protesters/

Old 01-08-2021, 03:41 PM

1,052 posts, read 453,324 times
The double standard: an armed criminal (Jacob Blake) and a drug addict about to OD (Mr. Fentanyl Floyd) get riots, protests and politicians kneeling in their name. This woman, who was unarmed and exercising her right to "peacefully protest" as per the words of CNN since June, is shot and nobody utters a peep.

Old 01-08-2021, 03:56 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
It is an imminent threat as this is a government building that has been breached. This stopped being a protest once they breached the Capitol's outer perimeter.

A mob rushing and breaching any secured position, you've got to be an idiot to assume they are just coming up for a hug.

Kent State was not a breach of a secured government building with Capitol Police protecting highly elected officials... not comparable. Similarly, an individual assaulting another on the street is going to be treated differently from an individual assaulting the POTUS.
I've been watching more videos of what happened and they have changed my mind on the "protest". Although I still think she should not have been shot and it wasn't justified, what happened in DC is worse than what I originally thought. There were many people not protesting peacefully and they should be outed and charged.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 01-08-2021 at 04:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies